Indian Army Training pictures

faced aginist the indian great army.... is the pakastan army... i wonder how they are trained, because i wounldt want to go aginsit some indian para

VIVA0034ST3.jpg

VIVA0036ST3.jpg

photo43.jpg

VIVA0033ST3.jpg

0546.jpg

[/img]

hmm the gurkhas are seriously hardcore!!!!
how is it spelt, gurkha or gorkha or is it basically one and the same?
does the indian army have gurkha regiments, i think the british still do as a tip of the had to thier bygone colonial days. all i know, is those kuri (sp?) knives have a serious reputation!

its pronounced gorkha or gurkha , both are correct.
Yes the IA has gorkha regts., the pics posted by rajkhalsa are from the gorkha regt. training excercises.
Yeah the curved knives are called 'Khukris'

Hi,
You are not the Only one impresssed with the Gurkhas Lokie :camo:

The British Army will be taking more Gorkha soldiers from Nepal, as recruitment from within the country has been drying up.
According to the announcement made by the ministry of defence, the Gorkha recruits will be stationed at the Royal Engineers unit at Maidstone in Kent, about 64 km south of London.
Britain is once again looking at Nepal as a happy hunting ground to recruit troops. For every one Gorkha recruited to the British Army, an estimated 50 are turned away. Source
:)

Gorkha and Gurkha are both Right in a way ................But more appropriate woud be Gorkha will me more appriopriate. thats how most of the world says it ...................But Gurkha is the right tone if you ask me.

And yes Gurkhas still serve Both Indian and British Armies .................Both Armies have Gurkha Regiments. :m1:

They are among the best regiment in Indian Army along with RR(Rajputana Rifels) and PR ( Punjab Rifels). :horsie:

Cheers :cheers:

-=SF_13=-

Gorkha is the name of the Gorkhali people who live in the himalayan hills of India and Nepal. Gurkha is the Anglacized version of the name.

About 80,000 Gorkhas serve in the IA and various police, paramilitary forces, 2,000 in British Army, and a handful in the Singapore and Hong Kong Police (left over from the Colonial period)

Yeah when the hell did the FN FAL, otherwise known as an L1A1 SLR get banned, and why? I don't think that is correct, since we still have them on inventory in Australia. They are good, powerful and reliable.

mmm i thought it wierd that a gun has been banned. what does it take for a fun too be banned, what qualities, characteristics are needed for it to be banned by geneva? i mean "shoots bullets, kills people" is a bit too broad, but in essence, isn't that what all guns do?

SF_13, yeah the Gorkhas are cool. i borrowed a book from the library on them when i was a little tacker and have been impressed by them ever since. thankfully the book is still in print, i must remember to go buy it!!!

VIVA0034ST3.jpg

Interesting, warming up for soccer practice.

That looks like a yoga technique. How long they have to stand upside diown? It appears to me that they're strengthening their backs,their upper body, coordinating balance.

The Irish army use to have the FN but were scraping it in the reserves at the mo and was told it was Genevia regulations

seriously.. wuts so dangerous about the FN, its just like any other gun

hahas, if so, they should bann the 50-cal, its so good on a tecnhical

Composite Formation of Aircraft from SINDEX

I wasn't sure where else to put this photo...

Here's an execllent photo of the recent SINDEX exercises between IAF and RSAF (Republic of Singapore Airforce) showing the types of aircraft that participated

http://img147.exs.cx/img147/7950/sindex017im.jpg

From front to rear:

- IAF Su-30K
- 2x RSAF F-16C/D
- IAF MiG-21Bison
- IAF MiG-27ML & MiG-29
- IAF Su-30MKI

what is the standard rifle in india's army?

and another question, is india's army's training docrine influenced by British army?

The IA's standard rifle is the INdian Small Arms System (INSAS)

insas1.jpg

The INSAS is a family of weapons consisting of an assault rifle, a light machine gun, a carbine and a folding-butt Paratroop version of the assault rifle. Made from plastics and composites, it incorporates elements of the AK series, FN FAL, Bren as well as indigenous adaptations in a blend best suited to the climate and IA ops.

It has only recenly been inducted, and within a few years will be in standard service with the Indian military. Indian police and paramilitary units still prefer modified AK-47s AR-15s and Brens, due to availibility coming from former army issues.

Back