India!

From what I know ( although I'm not the supreme expert on this ) is that India has a big and capable military, I'm not completely sure of the numbers but around 1.5 million or more, I think.

Although this army is big the infrastucture itself isn't put together that well, meaning the entities for repairing, maintaining and retraining isn't up to par with the size of this army, which leads to alot of dilapidated equipment.

As far as their equipment it's a mix of Russian and Western made weapons. Their heavy equipment such as tanks and stuff being primarily Russian made. Their smallers arms are a mix of AK's and Western assault rifles and MG's. Suprisingly they still use the Bren light mg used by the British during WWII, although it's a modern version of it, the design is still the same banana clip up top.

They seem to have a good special forces branch with good equipment. And they employ Gurkhas to fight for them. They also have a large para-military brach.

Their army command structure is British based I believe, but I don't know whether their military doctrine is British based or Russian based or a little bit of both.

As far as the Pakistan conflict goes, it really boils down to a Muslim vs. Hindu conflict. The point of contention is Kashmir, a very rich land area, which is owned by India and is governed by those loyal to India mostly Hindus, the population however is mostly Muslim and would like to break off and join Pakistan. So what they do is launch terrorist attack against India which are supported by Pakistan. The Indians now blame the Pakistanis which escalates tension leading sometimes to full blown conflict in the area.

The idea of all-out war with India scares the crap out of Pakistan. Its one of the reasons that the world looked the other way when Pakistan developed its own nuclear weapons program.

Not to mention on top of that is that India probably has some of those Fakir and Siddhi, they are those really powerful Hindu guys who people claim they can do magic and all that, you know, those guys that stick their head under sand for like 5 days, and they make people think they see things that aren't really there, i would never want to fight someone like that.

Indian airforce is modern and powerfull, can be said in Top 5 in the world.

Indian Navy is growing strong too, in Top 6 no doubt.

Indian land force is OK, some with very good equips some not.

Give India another 10 years, they will be Top4 or Top5 in general militarily.

Pakistan:
Pakistan does not worry too much about India, their president said:
If Pakistan is invaded, they will nuke the invaders, so safety gurrantted.

Indian people are good people.

Three nations with amazing military potential based on population and resources: India, China and Russia. They are sitting one right on top of the other. India is much further from having developed its potential military strength than the other two, but I find it interesting that they are grouped so closely together. Both India and Russia have had some border skirmishes or wars with China in the fairly recent past. Could it be said that India and Russia are a balancing factor to China in the region and vice versa?

godofthunder9010 said:
Three nations with amazing military potential based on population and resources: India, China and Russia. They are sitting one right on top of the other. India is much further from having developed its potential military strength than the other two, but I find it interesting that they are grouped so closely together. Both India and Russia have had some border skirmishes or wars with China in the fairly recent past. Could it be said that India and Russia are a balancing factor to China in the region and vice versa?

I don't think Russia is based on population. Russian population is about 1/3 of USA, yet Russia has a decent (extremly advanced) military technology).

China is more advanced than India in military tech in almost all aspects.
But India does have more options for aquiring weapons than China has (mainly from Russia).

As long as there is no big trouble in India and China in coming 10 to 15 years, these 2 countries will advance enormly in military techs.

Balance?
China has no single intention to attack India (for what to attack?), I believe India enjoys a good relation with China too.

Same applies to Russia.

Oh, its just like anything. China is sorta the big boy on the block in that neighborhood, so Russia and India (I believe) have an understanding to help one another out if the worst happens. It would make logical sense of course.

But yeah, I can't immagine a better recipe for a bloodbath than having the 2 most populated nations in the world going at it. Neither side is interested in that sort of conflict, but India going it alone would get their asses kicked eventually.

Thank you for your kind words :D

But I think India is also getting stronger and stronger, if China really must fight against India, I guess it is a stalemate, since India is simply too large, and their airforce is very good. Btw the area's btw China and India is simply too difficult for heavily armed forces, too tough conditions to fight wars.

I hope China and India the 2 great old civilizations can get along very well.

They both get equipment from bofors and saab. Bofors is a company owned by american united defense.

Pakistan gets radarunits for their planes, india get older bofors artillary cannons. Saab wanted to sell Gripen to pakistan but the sell wasnt granted by the swedish government (good thing) so they are now selling hightech radar units instead.

I'm really suprised you don't have a Indian forum member.
China and India have a catious relation ship. Why? Lets see...China arms Pakistan not only with conventional but actuall warhead caring missiles. Other then that they have a hands away relationship.
The Indian army currently has 980 000 active forces. Another 900 000 reserves!
The command is British bassed! With each Regiment fighting to be more popular. :lol: IA has a good mix of artilliry from 122 mm rockets and 214 mm and 300 mm Smerch on order from Russia.
India's airdefence is "tight" with Russian and western equipment. The SAMs are to bereplaced with indegnous ones and if Congress aprroves we (India) can get Partriot or even Arrow which Isreal wants to "co-develop". India had quite a sucess developing a Russian cruise missile with Indian guidence system. Brahmos with a range of 290 km. IA also uses Milan 2 ATGM and I believe they may be acquiring the Isreali Spike. IA is also on its way to get 5000 155 mm artilleery!
India uses Isreali GreenPine radar and comand structure. A lot of Indian weapons are turning Isreali. 3000 Tavors where ordered for Paratroops. For surveillance IA uses Elta, Searcher and some other stuff. Mostly homemade and Isreali. INavy has ordered 124 Hal Dhurv heles. The army currently uses BMP2 and T-72 which badly need replacing or upgrades. Army recently acquired T-90 MBT from Russia and Ordered 125 limited Arjun MK2 MBT from DRDO. Attempts are on the way for more homemade products with LARGE Isreali help. Most projects are halted because India lacks expereince but not brains. Isreal always pops up. The recent Arjun tank can fire an Isreali LAHAT ATGM from a rifled gun! Now thats range.
Heres a pic. It was orginally based of the Leopord.
0143.jpg

As far as I know the airforce is old and new. The Fishbeds need bad replaceing. Pilots get more flying hours than American counter-parts. This is due to the lack of AJT. IAF recently ordered 66 Hawks. Thank God! The Su-30MKI flanker is the most advanced Russian airplane in service. It could probabily take a Typhoon givin the right missiles. The Strike fleet is still as good as can be. IAF uses Jaguars and Floggers. MiG-21's underwent a BVR upgrade making them capably of holding R-77! IAF ordered 124 Mirage 2000's from France.

Chocobo_Blitzer said:
Hey, how does their military stand? What's up with the pakistani conflict(s)?

India's military is way ahead of Pakistan's. Besides the sheer number of Indian soldiers is more than double of Pak's. We've gone into war thrice (coz of their mischieves) and everytime we've won. 8)

Bharatiya said:
Chocobo_Blitzer said:
Hey, how does their military stand? What's up with the pakistani conflict(s)?

India's military is way ahead of Pakistan's. Besides the sheer number of Indian soldiers is more than double of Pak's. We've gone into war thrice (coz of their mischieves) and everytime we've won. 8)

Welcome on board Bharatiya :D

By "won" what does it exactly mean? Does it mean India conquered some lands from Pakistan or something others? I don't know too much about those 3 wars, but I did hear about them.

Thanks for the welcome!

The Pakistanis tried to capture our land in J&K which we defended by defeating them in war.

China is not comparable to India in military equipments.Indian have many modern weapon which chinese can not get.
But India can not challenge China in most aspects, include economy education and living level .

Back