India Ready for Nuclear Exchange, Says Army Chief

Charge 7

Master Gunner
Published on Saturday, January 12, 2002 by the Inter Press Service
India Ready for Nuclear Exchange, Says Army Chief
by Ranjit Devraj

NEW DELHI - India's army chief Gen. Sunderajan Padmnabhan on Friday dared Pakistan's president and military ruler, Gen Pervez Musharraf, to launch a nuclear first strike against his country, stepping up bilateral tensions even further.

''If he (Musharraf) is man enough, let me correct that, if he is mad enough to override international opinion on that scale, then surely he must do it (launch a nuclear strike),'' Padmanabhan said at a press conference, a day before Musharraf was due to make a televised address outlining his policy toward 'jihadist' groups operating from Pakistan.

Following a visit by British Prime Minister Tony Blair to the sub-continent earlier this week to help defuse tension as the nuclear-armed neighbors massed troops along their 3,000 km border, pressure has been growing on Musharraf to clearly state his stand on terrorism.

You can read the full details here:

http://www.commondreams.org/headlines02/0112-01.htm

Well, you seem to be bent on posts like these about America. Seems only fair that there should be equal time for India. :twisted:

Let me get this right, an indian general is daring pakistan to launch missles against them? Is there a rhetoric dynamic in south asia that we're not aware of?

Hi,

Let me get this right, an indian general is daring pakistan to launch missles against them? Is there a rhetoric dynamic in south asia that we're not aware of?

WarMachine Please Check the Dates of Article .............. It was 3 years ago .........At that time terrorists Attacked Indian Parliment ................ the Heart of indian Democracy............... and tried to take our the entire Indian leadership in one Blow....... Thankfully the Guards were Able to Intecept them and shot them before Were not able to Blow their Car Bomb and were not let to reach the Parlimet Cortyards .......... soon after the investigation Followed which revelead that they had Pakistani backgrownd ............... Indian Millitary was Moved out of their Peace Time Positions and on to the borders with Pakistan ..

Everyday there were Nuclear Blaickmailing threats form President Pervaz Musharaf that they might Use the NUclear Bomb if there is a need ........ India has a No First Use Policy .........

Former Army Chief Gen. Sunderajan Padmnabhan ( He has retired ) in a Press conference was answering a Question and kindly read his Statement he is saying......... that if Musharref is mad Enought to Override international Openion and start a nuclear war we are ready for Second Strike ......we will not be the one to use it First.

'If he (Musharraf) is man enough, let me correct that, if he is mad enough to override international opinion on that scale, then surely he must do it (launch a nuclear strike),''

Peace
-=SF_13=-

Back