India and Pakistan - Page 6




 
--
Boots
 
March 1st, 2005  
TBA_PAKI
 
Well, Xion!

Pakistan military's current standing is like this!

Nuclear Weapons --> close to 25 (material for more available)!

Ballistic Missiles (all) --> 100+

Active Troops (Regular and Commando) --> 570,000 + 250,000 + 200,000 Total

Airforce --> 35000 approx.

Navy --> 45000 approx.

Army --> 500,000

Para-military Troops --> 250,000

Reserve --> 200,000 approx. (all-though reports of 500,000 are available)

Helicopters --> 100 approx.

MBTs --> 2300+

Armoured Vehicles --> 1050+

Warships --> 40+ units (Destroyers, Missile Boats and etc..)

Airforce --> close to 400 Combat Jets

President Pervaiz Musharraf has in-augurated the "15 year Modernization plan" doctrine.

He focuses on more Firepower and Mobile army rather then quantity. Already Pak troops training is very good and new weaponry has started to induct.

--> Ghauri and Shaheen BMs have been delivered in dozens (35+ combined)

--> Al-khalid MBTs induction (50+ currently)

--> Upgradation of T-55 to Al-Zarrar spec

--> T-85 and T-80UD induction

--> Talha improved APC induction

--> US supplies of C-130 cargo planes, Helicopters and PC-3 Orion Aircraft

--> JF-17 induction pending (200 will be purchased in total)

--> Anza 3 portable AA Missiles and new SAMs

--> Induction of sophisticated Radar systems AND communications equipment

--> Agosta-B sub induction

--> Also some new offers are being made by certain European countries of various kinds.
March 1st, 2005  
godofthunder9010
 
 
Getting themselves involved in the escalating of things between Pakistan and India isn't much help if China wants to one day make an ally out of India. The border war of 1960 doesn't help matters either. I'm not entirely sure what game China is playing at.

What are the conditions for peace from the Pakistani perspective? From the Indian perspective? At what point do they drop the matter over Kashmir or is that even possible? So long as there is a reason for dispute on that border, both nations will hang on the edge of terrible disaster. Aren't nuclear weapons fun?
March 1st, 2005  
Sexybeast
 
sigh...why did i always hear that india firend here think they are super super super better than Pakistan ppl on everythign..

although according to CIA world fact book:

india's person per GDP is 2900$ something, pakistan is 2100$ something...not much diffferent compared to the third world nations with western world...

india even has high unemployment rates even CIA world factbook is right...
--
Boots
March 2nd, 2005  
Xion
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBA_PAKI
Active Troops (Regular and Commando) --> 570,000 + 250,000 + 200,000 Total

Airforce --> 35000 approx.

Navy --> 45000 approx.

Army --> 500,000

Para-military Troops --> 250,000
5.7 lakh + 2.5 lakh + 2 lakh + 2.5 lakh ...so ur claiming pakistans total active troops are around 12.7 lakh ?? .... is only possible if you included those jehadi terrorist groups

A Navy of 45,000 ??????

And 2300+ MBTs ???.... lol


those figures are way off-target ..... the last time I checked out a credible source pakistans troops were below Turkey which was at number 7 and pakistan number 8.Pakistans active troop strength was around 6 lac.

I got my info from CNN.com which conducted that survey in 2001 i think.Let me know your source please.


Also please comment on my earlier post -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion
TBA_PAKI ,
Could you comment on the state of terrorism control measures in pakistan and is the Pakistani Govt. really intent upon having good relations with India.
Pakistan has been characterized by military rule all through these years.I think the Pakistan Government cannot afford to have any more better relations with India than at present.The moment things start to stabilize the military rule would no longer be a neccesity as Pervez Musharraff justified his coming into power by overthrowing Mr.Nawaz Sharif.He claimed that Nawaz Sharif was a traitor and was letting India take undue advantage.So he had to overthrow his government to take a stringent stance against India.

Could you also comment upon how is Pakistan going to deal with the ever increasing threat of terrorists taking control of Pakistani nuclear weapons.
March 2nd, 2005  
Xion
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010
Getting themselves involved in the escalating of things between Pakistan and India isn't much help if China wants to one day make an ally out of India. The border war of 1960 doesn't help matters either. I'm not entirely sure what game China is playing at.

What are the conditions for peace from the Pakistani perspective? From the Indian perspective? At what point do they drop the matter over Kashmir or is that even possible? So long as there is a reason for dispute on that border, both nations will hang on the edge of terrible disaster. Aren't nuclear weapons fun?
I cannot see an India-China alliance in the future but i do have a vision of an Indo-US alliance over a powerful rising China to keep things balanced around the world and not just Asia.

Regarding the Kashmir issue, don't think there's any scope for more improvement there unless Pakistan stops supporting those extremist terrorist organisations which have fully functioning headquarters in major Pakistani cities.India won't give up on kashmir and pakistan won't give up on supporting the killers.
Pakistan says that it does not provide military assistance to those groups but supports them morally which is obviously not true.

In my opinion , giving orders to the Indian army to invade Pakistan Occupied Kashmir from where these coward terrorist groups operate from and bomb their jehadi asses to oblivion is the only solution to this problem.
March 2nd, 2005  
Sexybeast
 
en.........india-china trade is still relatively small compared to china's trade with EU, U.S and Japan...

but it will be larger in the future..

and india and china may become strategic partner on certain issues, like anti-terriosm, or sometimes anti-U.S secretly....but overall, China still sees india as a traditional threat and china will still keep close relationship with pakistan and Burma to contain India's influence there...



talking about invading Kashmir, it is a very risking thing for India army to do that.......

1. that may start a total war with pakistan, which is not benificial to everyone....war is not so predicable as other things in this world, victory and defeat are influenced by many many factors......
indian and pakistan army's gap, we have to admit, is pretty much only on the numbers.....(india got lots of good equipments, but seriously, not lots of them...and even CNN says India airforce is accident-prone....
http://www.cnn.com/2005/BUSINESS/02/...eut/index.html

2. the war will be very expensive...a modern war is not so cheap and so easy to fight......india's economy is not that strong...u know, world super economic power something, putting the money to build economy and bring benifits to ppl are the true way of making india a truly strong nation...


so wut i want to say is, India should only go take on Pakistan when India itself becomes a economic super power ( a person per captia GDP of at least over 10000$ on CIA world fact book's standard)......and also a world super military power (self-producing 90% of all state-of-art equipments, a comprehensive system of weapons..from missiles to individual rifles, sophisicated weapon tech)
March 2nd, 2005  
Xion
 
Quote:
talking about invading Kashmir, it is a very risking thing for India army to do that.......

1. that may start a total war with pakistan, which is not benificial to everyone....war is not so predicable as other things in this world, victory and defeat are influenced by many many factors......
indian and pakistan army's gap, we have to admit, is pretty much only on the numbers.....(india got lots of good equipments, but seriously, not lots of them...and even CNN says India airforce is accident-prone....
http://www.cnn.com/2005/BUSINESS/02/...eut/index.html

2. the war will be very expensive...a modern war is not so cheap and so easy to fight......india's economy is not that strong...u know, world super economic power something, putting the money to build economy and bring benifits to ppl are the true way of making india a truly strong nation...


so what i want to say is, India should only go take on Pakistan when India itself becomes a economic super power ( a person per captia GDP of at least over 10000$ on CIA world fact book's standard)......and also a world super military power (self-producing 90% of all state-of-art equipments, a comprehensive system of weapons..from missiles to individual rifles, sophisicated weapon tech)
same applies to china's case with taiwan as applies to indias case with pakistan , so think twice and read your above post again and again before you ever comment on invading taiwan.
March 2nd, 2005  
Sexybeast
 
lol....why draggin to taiwan....i was talking about India/pakistan.

alright, if u want to drag to there,

1. taiwan has no terriosts...islam extremists stuff
2. china and taiwan ppl are all chinese ppl, the only obstacles blocking us from unification are different government structure and U.S....so peaceful unification is a very very possible way of solving taiwan problem, as long as they dont declare independace (which is not likely in next 4-5 years as congress of taiwan is controlled by pro-unification parties)
3. chinese government knows that peace is important and economic prosperity needs peace,that is why china works so hard to promote trading relationship with all over the world and tries its best to avoid conflict with other nations (u see lots of troubles, but most of them end up without causing a total war or something)
4. china is not india, china has a strong economy, a better in-home weapon industry, althogh we got to admit they are all third world nations, but jsut one is a little better than another, (china's GDP per person is nearly twice of india's, but still a big gap with western world).

that is wut i think if u want to compare china to india in this thread

but i suggest u back to topic, and focus on my last post
March 2nd, 2005  
Xion
 
i'm not comparing taiwan to pakistan , are you in your senses ?, i'm saying if you are so good at preaching others the negatives of a war , do not comment on invading taiwan yourself

Quote:
you said , china is not india, china has a strong economy
its stronger than India ... india is ranked after china in terms of economy and is much stronger than pakistan

Quote:
althogh we got to admit they are all third world nations
.... so finally you are admitting china is a third world nation

Quote:
but jsut one is a little better than another
..... what makes you say that ??.any proof ? or are you well-versed with the practice of making baseless comments ?

Quote:
you said, chinese government knows that peace is important and economic prosperity needs peace,that is why china works so hard to promote trading relationship with all over the world and tries its best to avoid conflict with other nations (u see lots of troubles, but most of them end up without causing a total war or something)
thats got to be the biggest joke of the millenium, china promoting peace ? lmao.... you are not even democratic, no freedom for people to choose their government ...you conquered tibet killing monks and destroying their monasteries... there are many other human rights violationsby China..i dont need to post em ..the world knows better how much peace china wants



Quote:
but i suggest u back to topic, and focus on my last post
...you focus on it rather....and do not dream about ever invading taiwan


Also if you do not want offtopic posts from me in here, better yourself not bring any offtopic junk in here.
March 2nd, 2005  
SwordFish_13
 
 
Hi,

Quote:
india's person per GDP is 2900$ something, pakistan is 2100$ something
Greenland $ 20,000
Kazakhstan $ 6,300

What does it prove ? ..........

Countries with less populations have high Per Capita GDP ........... Dosen't always mean that your Economy ig Doing Good.

If you see the Gross Domestic Product the Divide would be quite Visible

1 United States $ 10,082,000,000,000
2 China $ 6,000,000,000,000
3 Japan $ 3,550,000,000,000
4 India $ 2,660,000,000,000

Quote:
1. that may start a total war with pakistan, which is not benificial to everyone....war is not so predicable as other things in this world, victory and defeat are influenced by many many factors......
indian and pakistan army's gap, we have to admit, is pretty much only on the numbers.....(india got lots of good equipments, but seriously, not lots of them...and even CNN says India airforce is accident-prone....
http://www.cnn.com/2005/BUSINESS/02/...eut/index.html
How on the whole world that Source justify your Comment ... i am lost here ............ i that source is about the current Increase in the defence Budget and India's current Purchases ?

Peace
-=SF_13=-