Talwar21.jpg

Talwar13.jpg

Talwar3.jpg

Talwar20.jpg

Talwar18.jpg

Viraat

viraatlengthy1zi.jpg

Last edited:
Guided Destroyer, uh? Wow that Viraat is awesome.
Those are some cool pictures.
So where were they taken? What location is that?
I was wondering if India had a very large fleet.

Makes sense to me that India's navy is gettnig stronger, I mean who better to partrol the Indian ocean than Indians? They might consider getting smaller carriers though, the bigs one are designed by the soviets to counter the friggin' nimitzes, otherwise they're too large to patrol with.

Fox said:
Yeah, I meant SSN. Sorry.
No,India doesn,t have SSN now.
Now,India tries to build Akla class and Russia supports it.
But Building SSN is very difficult for India.

HI,

INS Chakra, a Soviet produced Charlie Class nuclear-powered submarine (SSN)Was deliverred to India in January 1988 ..... Was the First SSN and was the test Bed For the India's ATV Project to Build a Nucklear Sub ...

Further on 2002 Russia Further Leased 2 SSN Subs ....Amurskiy Shipyard in the Russian is constructing the first submarine India would lease -- the Nerpa, a Shchuka B-class [NATO name 'Akula II'] nuclear-powered attack submarine (SSN). The second submarine, the Kuguar, is being constructed in the Far North at the Sevmash facility in Severodvinsk. India will provide Russia with financing to complete construction of the two SSNs, while Russia will train four Indian submarine crews and provide India with the submarines for five years, beginning in 2004.

IF you Want to read More About India's Advances Technology Vessel Read here

They might consider getting smaller carriers though, the bigs one are designed by the soviets to counter the friggin' nimitzes, otherwise they're too large to patrol with.

Exactly That's why India Started Constructing Air Defence Ship, Project 71..... on 07 October 2005 With the Metal Cutting Ceremony India Strated the Work on First Air Defence Ship a Medium Sized Carrer

ADS3.jpg

Model of the 32,000-ton Air Defence Ship for the Indian Navy. This is a STOBAR (Short Take-Off But Arrested Recovery) arrangement, with a ski-jump.

Peace
-=SF_13=-

Last edited:
Submarines already stealth and we have all sorts of ways of tracking them. A surface fleet would only need to be stealthy to radar since any plane could easily spot them. I'm guessing that a spyboat would be a prime candidate for this, but it's impractical to do that to most ships in a navy.

Unless of course it's cheap enough or something.

Too bad the Indians haven't been able to use this muscle to get the LTTE under control and reduce the heat on the SLN. The current hostilities in SL have been primarily maritime.

I agree the IN makes an intersting counterbalance to the Chinese, but that isn't the real flashpoint in this neighborhood..

Hi,

Too bad the Indians haven't been able to use this muscle to get the LTTE under control and reduce the heat on the SLN. The current hostilities in SL have been primarily maritime.

I agree the IN makes an intersting counterbalance to the Chinese, but that isn't the real flashpoint in this neighborhood..

Where Did LTTE Come From :roll:..... WE have Neutralised LTTE Outfits whenever there was a Need Be it OPERATION CACTUS When the People's Liberation Organisation of Tamil Eelam Gurrilas overpowered the Maldivian Militia and attacked the President’s residence....... OR When Indian Peace Keeping Force was sent to Sri Lanka and The IPKF was drawn into conflict with the LTTE in late 1987, and in fighting that took about three weeks, the IPKF took control of the Jaffana Peninsula from the LTTE rule, a feat that the Sri Lankan army was struggling for several years.

But this is Much More Complicated than this ..... IF you want i can Discuss it in detail ....... The Relation Between LTTE , India and Sri Lanka is Much Much More Complicated .

PEace
-=SF_13=-

Absolutely no question the Indian government has tried to deal with the Tamil issue in the past. The assasination of President Ghandi by the LTTE was a helluva price for you to pay for your trouble.
But this issue is in your backyard and it just seems to make sense that you have lead sorting it out. Culturally, religiously and ethnically, you have a lot more leverage than the US ever will.

Hi,

Naval Air Arm :)

HAL Dhruv

0297.jpg

Kamov-31: The Navy's Eye in the Sky

ka31c6lg.jpg

ka31a8vx.jpg

Sea King
seaking141vr.jpg

Seaking8.jpg

Sea Harrers

Harrier27.jpg

Harrier7.jpg

Harrier12.jpg

Harrier25.jpg

Peace
-=SF_13=-

Last edited:
Hi,

Absolutely no question the Indian government has tried to deal with the Tamil issue in the past. The assasination of President Ghandi by the LTTE was a helluva price for you to pay for your trouble.
But this issue is in your backyard and it just seems to make sense that you have lead sorting it out. Culturally, religiously and ethnically, you have a lot more leverage than the US ever will.

Gandhi was a Small Price to As Compared to All the Solders that Lost their LIves To retake Jaffana Form LTTE or All the Brave Solders that Lost their Lives Trying to Capture LTTE Supreramo Prabhakaran ...... But What did They Lost their Lives For .... Read the History OF IPKF in Srik Lanka and you will Know why we Don't Involve in the LTTE matters Any more ....... One can Help a Person who wants to be healped .... After the Betrayl India vowed never to offer any military help to Sri Lanka again .......

If you want to Know More about the Conflict i Suggest you read these

Operation Poomalai - The Jaffna Food drop

Indian Peace Keepers in Sri Lanka

Back