India destroys Somali pirate ship

Not quite, it was a Thai Trawler that was in the process of being boarded by pirates when the Indian Navy intervened. It wasn't a Pirate Ship but there were pirates on board, and they did fire at the Frigate.

And had the Indian ship NOt fired upon teh Thai ship, there would be yet another ship taken over by pirates.
Good on ya India navy:salute2:

Not quite, it was a Thai Trawler that was in the process of being boarded by pirates when the Indian Navy intervened. It wasn't a Pirate Ship but there were pirates on board, and they did fire at the Frigate.
Kill the bastards wherever they are, kudos to the indian navy.

When I retire out of the US Army I plan to start a mercenary organization like "Black Water" and hunt pirates around the world. That would be good easy money for me and my team.:rambo: :9mm::m16shoot::2guns::sniper: We not only make money from the ships we rescue but we will get the spoiles from what ever pirates we defeat, i.e. weapons, ammo, and their boats. Easy for guys who love using infantry tactics.

Well I've posted my terms, if I ever get a response form govt's we all may be in buisness, if I do get my terms met when I interview for positions, ex and prior military have preference, retired get 1st pick though :)

Do you hire guys?

I have no military training, but I'm good in war simulations like operation flashpoint... And my uncle was a hunter and I know how to shoot a rifle... And I'm of course willing to learn...

I speak French fluently, have basics in English and Arabic...
I have a diploma in communication sciences... And I have experience in management...

Do you hire guys?

I have no military training, but I'm good in war simulations like operation flashpoint... And my uncle was a hunter and I know how to shoot a rifle... And I'm of course willing to learn...

I speak French fluently, have basics in English and Arabic...
I have a diploma in communication sciences... And I have experience in management...

So far no govts have met my terms so I haven't been in able to offer positions.
However I really believe that your view on terrorists would not make a good asset to the mission.
Sorry but I need military oriented personnel with no quams about taking a human life

Last edited:
Yes wolfen, I understand that. I'm not fit for military duty unfortunately. I'm not used to harsh physical conditions Etc...

But I think that you misunderstand me about terrorism. I'm not the hippie kind...
I have no problem with killing in self-defense. But I believe in justice... I would give Ben Laden a fair trial.

I think that a fair trial is always better than a bullet in the head.

You know, for my work, I was writing a paper to some managers who are complaining about regulations and such... Saying that to do the job, they have to ignore some rules. And that if they respect the rules, the job cant be done.

My answer was pretty simple. I told them to follow the rules anyway and to report the problems to their superiors. And then I write to the superiors to make a status for these exceptions' procedures.

The logic here is simple. If today, they dont respect the rules to take care of exceptionnal cases. The will get used to it. And soon, they will be ignoring the rules when dealing with comon cases.

And the whole system will fail.

So I prefer to respect the rules. And take risks... rather than to take the risk to let the whole system fail.

Of course, It's easier said than done. I'm not in the frontline... But the risk is here.

Last edited:
Yes wolfen, I understand that. I'm not fit for military duty unfortunately. I'm not used to harsh physical conditions Etc...

But I think that you misunderstand me about terrorism. I'm not the hippie kind...
I have no problem with killing in self-defense. But I believe in justice... I would give Ben Laden a fair trial.

I think that a fair trial is always better than a bullet in the head.

And that is why you and me will never have warm fuzzy conversations togeather ina coffee shop,
the only thing FAIR about a terrorist is when either (a) he blows himor herself up or (b) when sombody kills them
Terrorists, Bin laden or otherwise, don't deserve a trial, if they manage to not kill them selves, all they deserve is a load of 12 ga buck in the forehead exiting through the rear of the skull.
To me self defense is killing terrorists before they blow up any more buildings or get ahold of any more aircraft.

wolfen, please read what I added to my last post.

I have two things to tell you.

With all due respect, you sir are intolerant. I have different opinion. So does it means that we have to throw rocks at each others everytime we meet?
We cant be neighbors? we cant be friends?

Or you just like people who think like you, dress like you, talk like you and had a life somehow similar to yours... I dont know, military carreer? something of this kind...

You can have people on the same boat as you who think different... It's life. Get used to it.

And I dont think that shooting Ben Laden will solve the problem. You think what? that by shooting Ben Laden all the terrorists will drop their bomb shoes, their bomb hats, their bomb shirts and their bomb belts and go get a job?

this aint happening...

No LeMask, killing Bin Laden won't end terrorism.
But neither will arresting a common thief stop thievery. Neither will arresting the leader of a robbery ring.
What you're saying is because it won't stop it, it's not worth it. It's like saying, I won't cut the grass because it'll grow back again. I won't earn any money because I'll have to spend it anyway. I won't unclog the sink because it'll get clogged again.
Bad people should not be allowed to die a natural death.

wolfen, please read what I added to my last post.

I have two things to tell you.

With all due respect, you sir are intolerant. I have different opinion. So does it means that we have to throw rocks at each others everytime we meet?
We cant be neighbors? we cant be friends?

Or you just like people who think like you, dress like you, talk like you and had a life somehow similar to yours... I dont know, military carreer? something of this kind...

You can have people on the same boat as you who think different... It's life. Get used to it.

And I dont think that shooting Ben Laden will solve the problem. You think what? that by shooting Ben Laden all the terrorists will drop their bomb shoes, their bomb hats, their bomb shirts and their bomb belts and go get a job?

this aint happening...

I have to disagree and agree with you on the first one Yea I'm somewhat intolerant, I fully believe that if someone blows himself up because his god said he'd get a few virgins in heaven then he's a total idiot.
I think different than you, but then I'm not a pacifist either, get used to that.
No, killing Osama Bin Laden wouldn't stop terrorism, but it'd be a start.
Sorry man but I believe in freedom, and that freedom MUST be defended. if I am ever again called to defend freedom, then no matter how old I am, I will defend freedom, I believe if you shoot at some body, they have every right to return fire, if you miss and they don't oh well, somebody is a better shot. I believe that a clear and present danger should be dealt with as a clear and present danger, I was never into the political aspect of war, I was usually too busy dodging bullets and bombs

Last edited:
Alright, rather than having a guy with a .50 cal mounted on his MasterCraft talk about what he's going to do when a government finally agrees to his unrealistic plan for solving a problem that has stumped world leaders and tell someone else that he can't partake in said unrealistic plan, let's keep the discussion here limited to proposed solutions that actually have a snow ball's chance in hell of being successful.

Damien theres only one way to deal with pirates, thats to sink their boats and or kill them. so far nobody since the sailing days has even cared about how to deal with pirates, they should have been eliminated the first time they showed up and never allowed to return. The only reason I would have to be supplied by a govt, is that I'm not made of money, so I am unable to purchase a ship. However, like I said before I would gladly offer my services for a price of course, nothing is free anymore, if I could pick my own crews and do it my way.
If it sounds unrealistic then so be it. But look at Blackwater security, they started with one man and an Idea too.

Yep, and I don't thats why one of my condition is the country which wants me finance me and the people I hire, I know that sounds like mercenary's, but I would personally answer to the country's govt, and anybody working for me would answer to me.
trust me if I had the money you'd see gunboats with a wolf head on them over there firing at any properly identified pirate ship with intent to sink

Back