Incredible find

bulldogg

Milforum's Bouncer
Anyone who hasn't seen this documentary, "The Korean War in Color" and has interest in the topic... get it. If you can't find it I can get copies and post them to you for about $20 USD. Its two DVDs and this copy also has a great lead in about North Korea put together by the Japanese.

Its graphic, uncensored and it is all real footage.

Anyone who hasn't seen this documentary, "The Korean War in Color" and has interest in the topic... get it. If you can't find it I can get copies and post them to you for about $20 USD. Its two DVDs and this copy also has a great lead in about North Korea put together by the Japanese.

Its graphic, uncensored and it is all real footage.

Indeed the whole "war in colour" series is worth getting there is some amazing footage in them.

With computers today they can add color to old black and white footage, it really is amazing to watch the history channel these days as more and more videos are in color. Somehow adding color seems to make it more real in the minds of the viewer. Certain videoes should never have color though, like the video from pearl harbor where the USS Arizona gets hit or the raising of the flag over Iwo Jima, images like that should not be edited (I know, Flags of our Fathers did it, but that's a movie, not a documentary.) but most videos are fair game as far as I am concerned.

This is NOT b&w film that's been colorised. Its all real color footage. It also has a number of Korean movies, you'll need a translator, most interesting of them is one about the training of North Korean special forces. There is also the PBS special about Korean war stories talking to the vets about the war... its a tear jerker.

It's a compilation of 12 hours assembled for educational purposes.

You talked me into it BD. I'm a sucker for actual war documentaries.

And Damien, an early color process was developed by George Albert Smith of Brighton, England in 1906 but wasn't really used much until the 1930's because color film was so expensive. First film to use Technicolor: The Gulf Between, produced in 1917.

I know, I have seen the entire set of "WWII in Color" and I know that is all actual color footage from the wars, I was merely throwing in there that we can add color to black and white footage now in a way we couldn't before and that I thought color always adds a sense of realism to the video.

I know, I have seen the entire set of "WWII in Color" and I know that is all actual color footage from the wars, I was merely throwing in there that we can add color to black and white footage now in a way we couldn't before and that I thought color always adds a sense of realism to the video.

Also, the newer colorization technology is better than when they first started. The old method was pale and unnatural looking whereas today's is a better RBG scan.

Also, the newer colorization technology is better than when they first started. The old method was pale and unnatural looking whereas today's is a better RBG scan.

indeed although I prefer the unaltered versions it just seems to give it a validity that comes with its age, although this is possibly due to a lack of trust in todays media.

And for those that want to track it down... http://www.amazon.com/Korean-War-Color/dp/B00005TRZM

bulldog, could i possibly take you up on your offer in a week or two's time when i have the funds? i would very much like a copy of that :)

Back