Increase in strength of the F-16

View Poll Results :Do you think it is more efficient to improve current aircraft or to work on developing new advanced
Improve current aircraft 2 16.67%
Develop new aircraft 5 41.67%
Focus on developing more efficient combat tactics rather than worrying about new aircraft 1 8.33%
All of the above work fine 4 33.33%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

--

December 15th, 2004  
WorldWatcher

Topic: Increase in strength of the F-16

The USA is increasing the fighting power of the F-16 fighter jets.Do you guys think it is better to improve current air fighters or to focus on developing new aircraft?They are also trying to develop new combat tactics to use joint air and tank forces with the F-16.
December 15th, 2004  
Trevor

Well, the JSF has already been developed, and with the F-22 just coming into service, why not have aging fighters up to snuff? By the way, would you care to elaborate on what sorts of upgrades they are putting on the F-16?
December 15th, 2004  
WorldWatcher

Their range and topspeed has been increased I believe.I wish a knew more about it but all I read was attacking equipment was beefed up.Not armory or anything.
--
December 15th, 2004  
rocco

i heard the JSF is the last human piloted planes... *sees visions of terminator movie in RL*
December 15th, 2004  
battery

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocco
i heard the JSF is the last human piloted planes... *sees visions of terminator movie in RL*

I'll be the rebel leader.

Nah, machines won't, in the near future, be able to think/act for themselves. And if/when they start to be able to, i'll commence the genocide.
December 15th, 2004  
A Can of Man

Well it doesn't have to be completely out of human reach. All you need is a human controller on the ground with a virtual cockpit... hell maybe for the first time with a full sphereical line of sight.
December 15th, 2004  
Trevor

Those have already been developed. I think they have spherical control rooms with the Global Hawk.
December 15th, 2004  
A Can of Man

The era of human controlled jets is pretty much history. The next generation of manned jets will really be the last.
Future pilots will really be the best flight sim computer gamers.
December 15th, 2004  
WorldWatcher

Here is one of the small articles I found on the new F-16.
http://www4.janes.com/subscribe/jdw/...Prod_Name=JDW&
December 16th, 2004  
Archit

It should be a long time before the new aircraft supplies its service,And I think USA force will improve current aircrafts' capability before the time.

And also,those countries equiped with F15,F16 and F18 wannar improve their aircrafts' power. They can pay for those updates.