Increase in strength of the F-16

Do you think it is more efficient to improve current aircraft or to work on developing new advanced

• Improve current aircraft

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Develop new aircraft

• Focus on developing more efficient combat tactics rather than worrying about new aircraft

• All of the above work fine

• Total voters

WorldWatcher

The USA is increasing the fighting power of the F-16 fighter jets.Do you guys think it is better to improve current air fighters or to focus on developing new aircraft?They are also trying to develop new combat tactics to use joint air and tank forces with the F-16.

Well, the JSF has already been developed, and with the F-22 just coming into service, why not have aging fighters up to snuff? By the way, would you care to elaborate on what sorts of upgrades they are putting on the F-16?

Their range and topspeed has been increased I believe.I wish a knew more about it but all I read was attacking equipment was beefed up.Not armory or anything.

i heard the JSF is the last human piloted planes... *sees visions of terminator movie in RL*

rocco said:
i heard the JSF is the last human piloted planes... *sees visions of terminator movie in RL*

:lol:

I'll be the rebel leader. :rambo:

Nah, machines won't, in the near future, be able to think/act for themselves. And if/when they start to be able to, i'll commence the genocide.

Well it doesn't have to be completely out of human reach. All you need is a human controller on the ground with a virtual cockpit... hell maybe for the first time with a full sphereical line of sight.

Those have already been developed. I think they have spherical control rooms with the Global Hawk.

The era of human controlled jets is pretty much history. The next generation of manned jets will really be the last.
Future pilots will really be the best flight sim computer gamers.

It should be a long time before the new aircraft supplies its service,And I think USA force will improve current aircrafts' capability before the time.

And also,those countries equiped with F15,F16 and F18 wannar improve their aircrafts' power. They can pay for those updates.

If the USAF is serious about the whole Supprting Ground Forces Role they need tactics. They could take a lesson from the US Navy & Marine Aviators in that regard.

Remote controlled airplanes have one fatal problem. They are remote controlled.

Let us imagine a squadron of remote controlled fighters/bombers converging on some target. Now what happens when communications is jammed? Now either they have some type of back up system (like laser which requires direct line of sight) or they crash.

Human or AI piloted airplanes will not have that problem. Unlike radio controlled planes, they can act autonomously.

"To screw up is human, but it takes a machine to really f* things up"

Kinection,
I totally agree to you.Unmanned airplanes have very risk with remote control.Everytime possible affect them with fake signals.

Back