Incoming

Meta

Hello Ladies and Gentleman.

A Canadian here, looking to start a Vietnam War reenacting group in southern Ontario. But more importantly, looking for any information the Veterans can provide to make me more knowledgable, and make any soldier recreation more true to history.

It's hard to find contacts in the unit I'm looking to reenact under (173rd), but I'm willing to take virtually any information from any Vet.

Thanks for listening, I know these intro threads can be a pain to read sometimes. ;)

Welcome to the site.

Thanks for listening, I know these intro threads can be a pain to read sometimes. ;)

No, actually we prefer all members to introduce themselves prior to jumping into the discussions, it helps to break the ice and know who you are "talking" to. You did the proper thing by introducing yourself. ;)

It's hard to find contacts in the unit I'm looking to reenact under (173rd), but I'm willing to take virtually any information from any Vet.

I am suprised, especially given the amount of stories, groups and resources former members of the third herd have organised on the net. The best places to search are vietnam military site's that have guest books. Many people will sign them, leave their unit and contact information.

Have you tried:
173rdAirborne.com

Howdy Howdy

Welcome to the forums Meta. I am sure you will find lots of help here. These guys know their stuff really well :D

Welcome to the forums Meta.

Feel free to ask (almost) any questions you may have, we have a few Vietnam Vets in here already.

Welcome Meta. Always good to have another fellow Canadian on the board.

Good luck with your group. Im sure youll be able to find some help here.

Welcome! When's your birthday? I find it boring to look on peoples profiles, and hell, I'll remember it better if you tell me, and doesn't it just make you feel special to tell people when your birthday is? mine is 13 March by the way. :D I feel special now :D

Thank you. :) I appreciate the welcome. I run two forums myself so I know how helpful it can be to 'break the ice' as you say. ;)

There is quite a bit of information on the herd out there. It's just difficult finding vets who are willing to discuss their experiences. At least, that's my perception. I ended up mailing quite a few and didn't hear back from many at all, and those that I did hear back from, aren't too eager to discuss their service. Something I completely understand.

I do again appreciate the welcome and I'll see if I can contribute at all. As for contacting the vets here, I'd like to find a way to do it without making a big deal out of it, or disrespecting them at all. Since I'm not too familure with your forum social structure and culture, do you have any suggestions?

(and yes.. 03/13-82.. it was a good year. ;) )

Hello pal.. Vietnam War. That was a terrible war.. with a lot of blood and sweat and tears. No, it's not easy to ask vets about their experiences.

But you can try.. 8)

Back