Impotant work in iraq II - Page 2

--
Boots

March 21st, 2005  
Charge 7

03USMC's point is well taken. In such circumstances there would be the need. Also 13th Redneck makes a valid point that Muslims would find an even greater offense from dogs than the rest of us. However, as Boobies, mentioned, the note included with that video on the web page and the vocal comments from the troops in the video itself make me think these guys need help. If you kill a dog because it is your duty that's one thing, if you revel in a slow agonizing death for one that is quite another. Let me reitterate though that combat stress leads to actions like this in a very small number of people. I choose to believe that these troops have a problem and one that can be treated.
March 21st, 2005  
03USMC

I agree if their randomly lighting up dogs for 's and grins. I just wanted it put in perspective that there are troops over there doing it for a valid reason. Before someone accused the entire US Armed Forces of crimes against Canines and wanted a Haugh Court Convened.
March 21st, 2005  
Charge 7

I'm glad you did bring that up, 03, and I'm equally glad for 13th Redneck's comments reminding us of the way dogs are viewed in the Muslim world. As with most things in life, there's usually another side to the story.
--
Boots
April 1st, 2005  
Italian Guy

The first thing that comes to my head when I see such a video is: I want those bastards dead. Get this comment banned or whatever but THAT has no possible excuses. You guys make me sick when you try to excuse it with safety reasons. A US soldier is not able to kill a dog with one bullet in the head? That dog was deliberately killed slowly for the fun of watching him suffer and die.
I would never trust someone who takes fun at doing such a thing. He would do quite the same to a person.
Shame on them.
April 2nd, 2005  
Warwick

During our involvement in East Timor, our Rat catchers (environmental health ) were tasked with putting down suspect dogs. mainly out of concerns for rabbis etc.
So I suppose it would be a bigger issue in Iraq with so many strays on the loose.
I think its a bad idea to let any troops on the street blast away at dogs.
Some pretty poor leadership out there.
April 2nd, 2005  
Snauhi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Italian Guy
The first thing that comes to my head when I see such a video is: I want those bastards dead. Get this comment banned or whatever but THAT has no possible excuses. You guys make me sick when you try to excuse it with safety reasons. A US soldier is not able to kill a dog with one bullet in the head? That dog was deliberately killed slowly for the fun of watching him suffer and die.
I would never trust someone who takes fun at doing such a thing. He would do quite the same to a person.
Shame on them.
agree