IMPORTANT INFO, READ NOW!! Forum Crash 10 August...

Redleg

The fire is everything
Staff member
Welcome back... :)

As you may or may not have noticed we've had some "slight" technical problems with the forum for the last 12-16 hours...

Several of the MySql database tables did mysteriously disappear without a trace last night.

Luckily I had done a complete database backup only three days ago, so all wasn't lost..

I've spent the last few hours uploading that one, and it looks like we are up and running again..

But we have unfortunately lost 3 days worth of posts and members, so all new members who had registered from 07 August until now, please re-register again. :)

All of the merchandise in the PX where blown away, but you have kept most of the gear and privileges you've already bought.
I'll add the shops again soon.

The extra profile fields did also go away, I'll install those as well real soon.

Most of the dates on the index page have been reset to 1970, but those will be corrected once you starts to post in there.

The bank, your milbucks and the Arcade did survive this one.. :)

I'm really sorry for the inconvenience, and neither I or my web host provider have no ideas why this happened...

Welcome back, and please start your posting ladies and gentlemen.. :D

Please PM me if you encounter any strange error messages by the way..

Spellchecker and the custom Profile fields are up and running.

Please take a minute and fill in your profile again.. :)
(go to your profile, under "military forums menu" at the top...)

The MilForum PX (Post Exchange) is up and running again.

I've not added all of the items yet, but they should be in store in a couple of days..
All flags in the index page will be added to the flag shop now as well.

I've got a few PMs asking about deleted posts, but as I stated in the first post in this thread I had to restore a database backup from 07 August, so all posts between that backup and the crash has been lost..
(and all of the new members from thet period as well...)

Sorry about this, I hope we'll be able to catch up with the lost posts (and members) soon.. :)

I'm in contact with my webhost now, and it may be a server error that caused the lost database tables.

I'll post more info here as soon as I know more..

Please post any questions in the questions forum, or PM me.

Had to disable the Forum Special Effects store in the PX, looks like there's a small bug hiding in there somewhere..

I've just ordered a can of Maxi Bugspray, so I'm sure those little critters will move somewhere else (outside of this forum) soon.. :)

The rest of the shops should work now.

News Update:

It looks like it was the web host that caused the crash..

They had moved the site over to a new server without telling me.
It can take 24-28 hours before the domain name points to the new server, and it doesn't happen simultaneous all over the world, so some members may have posted on the old server, and some on the new one during this period..
That, or the copy process itself may have caused the missing database tables..

If I had known about this I could have disabled the forum for the duration of the move, and nothing would have happened..

THANKS FOR NOT TELLING ME THAT!!!.... :evil:

It took me 12+ hours to fix this, and I still need to fix a couple of things before it's 100% again....

Added all of the national flags in the PX now...

PM me if I've missed some.

The NATO Unit symbol shop should be online again.

Added all of the symbols there now.

Please do not buy symbols from units you do not serve or have served in.

Back