Immigration Advice

vts_87

Hi all, nice forum here.

I'm a Canadian citizen (born in Canada); and recently decided to join the military. After a few visits with a Canadian Forces recruiter; I realized that the Canadian military wasn't for me. I went back to getting into college, until a uncle of mine(lives in CA) talked to me about the Marine Corps tradition he has in his arm of the family tree. After meeting with a USMC recruiter, I realized that the corps had all the values and traditions that I had been looking for, but now immigration comes into the picture. I'd like to make it clear that Im not trying to use service for the sake of citizenship; but use citzenship as a path to the service. However, there are a few things I need help with:

As it is now, you need permenant resident status to enlist, which I can get through investment, employment, and family relation. According to the INS website, an uncle & aunt isnt a good enough relation to bring me into the country; but I could use some advice on Investment and Employment.
Also, I remember President Bush waiving that green card requirement early last year, do you think that will happen again?

If anyone has any advice or pertinent experience, I'd appreciate it.
Sorry for the long post, but I wanted to get that all in the open.

Back