immigrant pay - Page 4

--
Boots

January 17th, 2004  
FutureRANGER

Quote:
Originally Posted by diplomatic_means
Why don't people like touchy questions? It's not like they bite. I stomp on every question and don't care if I look like and idiot in the process. Who cares what people think. Be assertive. Someone answer the question.
Amen. I personally believe illegal immigrants should not be in the country (hence "illegal"). Yes I'm sure they've been through a lot in their own countries and whatever, but bending over backwards and giving them what others earned (I'm talking about welfare) isn't the answer (not the right to do either). They need to help themselves sometime. Its not impossibly hard to gain citizenship. You don't need to serve in the military or anything. If they would actually get a greencard and a job I wouldn't have a problem with that at all, thats what America is about, opportunities, not free money. So, no, I do not thing illegal aliens should get the same pay. I do not think they should get any pay. They should not have the job in the first place (walmart isn't helping any).

Quote:
Actually, I don't thik the immigrants is actual the big problem in this situation.. Ever considered this world being over populated?
The world isn't overpopulated, yet. Places such as India and China are pretty close, if not there already, but America and Europe aren't nearly there yet IMO.
February 7th, 2004  
Darkmb101

Illegal immagrants should only get pay for the jobs Americans can or wont do.
February 8th, 2004  
Guardsman_Ca

I don't know of ANY jobs that an American CAN'T do
--
Boots
February 13th, 2004  
TankDriver

i think that equal pay for peopel who either cam here illegal or came here legal is just bunch of horse dung. i mean they wanted to come here and get a job. We need to send the people that came here illegal back. I'm not trying to sound racist but it just how i feel about it. Its going to end up putting american people out of jobs and on welfare. No people with welfare is just another story cause any one who is lazy enough to get off there fat butts and not look for a job is BSing me. They live along the boarders of stated so they can collect from both states. it think we should send them to another island. And make them work. I belive that much and that we need to get rid of equal oppurtunity becasue that in it self is just crap. I think that some one of another race will get a job over a more highly qualifed white person, and thats becasue of the equal oppurtunity. so we need to just start getting back and equally seeing each other as both of americans. not some balck or hispaninc but as one. So we all get the same chance to have a job not just becasue he/she is black
February 13th, 2004  
Redneck

I think (or I hope) that you're talking about AFFIRMATIVE ACTION, in which case I would agree with you, I believe affirmative action has accomplished its job and now is just being used as an excuse for underachievers. But EQUAL OPPURTUNITY is a very necessary institution or ideal rather. Equal opportunity is just the practise of treating everyone the same and not excluding anyone from any position based on race, religion, sex (unfortunately this now includes sexual "orientation," I think some people need to reshoot their azimuth on that nav course), whereas affirmative action is the practise of utilizing quota systems and other means to create NUMERICAL equality, regardless of merit, which I believe is not only unfair, but is also harmful to our society.