The images the Pentagon doesn't want you to see

Then allow me to join you. I like to stir the pot too you know...
Nahhhhhh. really? Not you! Can't be! Never imagined you would ever do such a thing.... :drink:

-- Dusty, so let me sum it up for you. Some extremist/primitive/intolerant Muslims in Afghanistan attacked people for things they were unrelated to. And you, you lost your respect for the religion of 1.5billion people because of the actions of these (relatively) few extremists?
And I realize that I misstated it. Do I have less respect for Islam? No. The perps that are Islamic? Not an ounce of respect afforded.

Big step. But if you want my opinion, you have to work on your definitions. I personally dont see the world with Muslims as a group, white people as a group, black people as a group, rich people as a group, Americans as a group... I strongly believe that we have to do a choice to "join a group".

These people who burned the Coran and these people who attacked these people in Afghanistan because of the Coran burning... They are the same people for me. The only difference is that some of them were born in the US and raised as christians, while the others were born in Afghanistan and raised as Muslims. They chose to be intolerant scumbags... And they chose violence to deal with the people who are different. Their choices are very close if you compare them.

And only a few people decided to be brave and live for justice and intelligence. Only a few had the wisdom to understand that only justice can let them get some sleep at night.

And the Pentagon have no right to hide these images. A government doesnt have the right to hide the truth... As I always say, they dont have to give us the codes to launch a nuclear war. We dont want to know that. But if they are not dictators, they should provide us every bit of information we might need to build an opinion.

And they have no choice but to have faith in our ability to do what is right.

In time a soldier may grow a soul, but here (in battle), the thing’s best left at home. Wilfred Owen

Know well Wilfred Owen.
The correct wording is:

"Don't take my soul's poor comfort for your jest.
Soldiers may grow a soul when turned to fronds,
But here the thing's best left at home with friends."

Aah - Wilfred Owen. Left his soul in his words - left everything else where he fell.

Last edited:
Back