I'm Sooooooo Old.

03USMC

My 17 year old daughter just entered the US Air Force Delayed Entry Program today.

Yeah thats right................Air Force!!!!! :shock:

I'm proud but I feel Soooooo Old!

03USMC said:
My 17 year old daughter just entered the US Air Force Delayed Entry Program today.

Air Force? Sarge where did you go wrong :D Congratulations to your lass and to you, I am sure she will be a credit to you and your country.

Welshwarrior said:
03USMC said:

Air Force? Sarge where did you go wrong :D Congratulations to your lass and to you, I am sure she will be a credit to you and your country.

Wasn't me Warrant Officer. I blame it on letting her spend time with my brother. He's a C130 Pilot and apparently living on Air Force bases is a prettier picture than muddy boots, cammie uniforms and heavy packs :lol:

Big mistake letting her around Air Force people. Have you tried to talk her out of the Air Force? Just think you might have to disown her for her choice. First a brother now a daughter :oops: What will you tell your Marine buddies?

I'd never try to talk her out of it. Thats what she wants and I support her in it 110%.

As far as my Marine buddies ...........well ones got a Son in the Coast Guard so...... :lol:

Aww come on your telling me you didn't try to sway her into the Marines? Ouch son in the coast gaurd? Well atleast he does something right?

No actually I didn't try and sway her. I did make her investigate all the Services and then base her decision on that. Her reasoning were.

1. She'd dealt with the Marines (me) all her life :oops:

2. She didn't think she'd like being at sea all the time, Navy.

3. The Army Recruiter kept waffeling on MOS's available and trying to talk her into fields she didn't want.

4. The Air Force offered her a field she wanted and was interested in.

So thats where she went.

03USMC, you're not old. You're just seasoned.
03USMC said:
and apparently living on Air Force bases is a prettier picture than muddy boots, cammie uniforms and heavy packs :lol:
I don't see how. After awhile the AC gets old, the cable shows rerun, and that carpet has to be cleaned at some point.

03USMC said:
No actually I didn't try and sway her. I did make her investigate all the Services and then base her decision on that. Her reasoning were.

3. The Army Recruiter kept waffeling on MOS's available and trying to talk her into fields she didn't want.

So thats where she went.

hey, what's wrong with the sea!!!?

danthepirate said:
03USMC said:

So thats where she went.

hey, what's wrong with the sea!!!?

What's wring with the sea?

1. It is wet

2. It is taller than me

3. Fish crap in it

4. Parts of it are very bumpy.

That should do for a start :D

03USMC said:
I blame it on letting her spend time with my brother. He's a C130 Pilot and apparently living on Air Force bases is a prettier picture than muddy boots, cammie uniforms and heavy packs :lol:

Well, the fly boys do have all the goodies. The last year I was stationed in Germany one of my younger brothers had just arrived for duty in the Air Force. I was shocked when I visited him. I was a E-5 with five years in and he was an E-2 with some amount of months in and he had better quarters than our junior officers did! So I can't blame the lass too much on that account. That and as I said, I have AF blood too. :roll: :lol:

As for the rest of you, he has a younger daughter who from the decriptions I've read on this forum, sounds like a Marine in the making. :camo: :lol:

And you, 03 - I'm a decade or more longer on this planet than you are and I'm not old so you aren't old!
Is that understood?
:army: :twisted: :lol:

Charge 7 said:
As for the rest of you, he has a younger daughter who from the decriptions I've read on this forum, sounds like a Marine in the making. :camo: :lol:

And you, 03 - I'm a decade or more longer on this planet than you are and I'm not old so you aren't old!
Is that understood?
:army: :twisted: :lol:

Yes my youngest is a tad bit too motivated, shall we say. :lol: Gives Mom fits. :twisted: She's Gonna be awful disappointed if they don't open up Infantry to females in the next 14 years :drill: :biggun:

As for the rest.

Roger that sir. Read your last Lima Charlie. :salute: :lol:

You're still just a youngin 03 :) I don't even want to get into how old I am :lol: You deserve to be proud of your daughter. I'm sure she's made the right choice for her.

03, all I can say is congradulations sir! I have a 7 year old son that will be the perfect military weapon when he grows up, and an 11 year old that loves the idea of driving a tank in battle.
Now sir, as for the subject of your age. I wasn't aware that Marines were authorized to grow old?

:D

Back