I'm Sooooooo Old.

--
Boots

July 12th, 2005  
03USMC

Topic: I'm Sooooooo Old.

My 17 year old daughter just entered the US Air Force Delayed Entry Program today.

Yeah thats right................Air Force!!!!!

I'm proud but I feel Soooooo Old!
July 12th, 2005  
Welshwarrior

Topic: Re: I'm Sooooooo Old.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03USMC
My 17 year old daughter just entered the US Air Force Delayed Entry Program today.

Air Force? Sarge where did you go wrong Congratulations to your lass and to you, I am sure she will be a credit to you and your country.
July 12th, 2005  
AmericanSweetheart

Congrats but you're not old just a heck of a lot wiser then you were when you were 20.
--
Boots
July 12th, 2005  
03USMC

Topic: Re: I'm Sooooooo Old.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welshwarrior
Quote:

Air Force? Sarge where did you go wrong Congratulations to your lass and to you, I am sure she will be a credit to you and your country.
Wasn't me Warrant Officer. I blame it on letting her spend time with my brother. He's a C130 Pilot and apparently living on Air Force bases is a prettier picture than muddy boots, cammie uniforms and heavy packs
July 12th, 2005  
AmericanSweetheart

Big mistake letting her around Air Force people. Have you tried to talk her out of the Air Force? Just think you might have to disown her for her choice. First a brother now a daughter What will you tell your Marine buddies?
July 12th, 2005  
Welshwarrior

They could be right, but we meet more interesting people in the boondocks.
July 12th, 2005  
03USMC

I'd never try to talk her out of it. Thats what she wants and I support her in it 110%.

As far as my Marine buddies ...........well ones got a Son in the Coast Guard so......
July 12th, 2005  
AmericanSweetheart

Aww come on your telling me you didn't try to sway her into the Marines? Ouch son in the coast gaurd? Well atleast he does something right?
July 12th, 2005  
03USMC

No actually I didn't try and sway her. I did make her investigate all the Services and then base her decision on that. Her reasoning were.

1. She'd dealt with the Marines (me) all her life

2. She didn't think she'd like being at sea all the time, Navy.

3. The Army Recruiter kept waffeling on MOS's available and trying to talk her into fields she didn't want.

4. The Air Force offered her a field she wanted and was interested in.

So thats where she went.
July 12th, 2005  
C/2nd Lt Robot

03USMC, you're not old. You're just seasoned.
Quote:
and apparently living on Air Force bases is a prettier picture than muddy boots, cammie uniforms and heavy packs
I don't see how. After awhile the AC gets old, the cable shows rerun, and that carpet has to be cleaned at some point.