I'm on my way back into the Army - Page 8

--
Boots

May 13th, 2006  
Charge 7

Thanks again, guys.

As for the job, IG, I'm lovin' it. I got my feet wet with ROTC at a very large institution where the military life is done on a pretty large scale. That was good to get going again, but my new posting makes me very happy indeed. It's a small affair, but then I rather like being a "big fish in a small pond". Being from tiny Vermont, that shouldn't be all that surprising.

And as for Molly ever calling me "sir" it would be laden with sarcasm if at all. I won't tell you the nice names she has for me obviously, but her usual nickname for me is "Rambo" (try not to fall over laughing) it comes easy to an Italian girl and it's been another of our long running gags.
May 13th, 2006  
Italian Guy

Great to hear that, sir.
Uhm and hey Rambo is a cool nick (unless she calls you that around people).
May 13th, 2006  
AJChenMPH

Glad to hear you're doing well, sir. I also get a kick out of working with kids, I've often wondered if I wanted to apply for a job at VFMA or NYMA after I retired from the PHS...
--
Boots
May 13th, 2006  
Duty Honor Country

Charge, it has been a pleasure to follow your story. Amusingly, you are the top of the food chain and I am at the bottom in the ROTC system. From time to time, you have given me a lot of food for though, and I am appreciative of that. It is good to see that you have found your place again. I had a taste of that upon my return from Iraq. There was a 6 month period where I was not going forward or backward. Once I decided to go back to the military, things fell into place. I am assuming you have experienced something like that.

I think I have a more interesting situation with my wife. As you know, she’s in the Army. We have talked it over and she is going to reenlist in Iraq before coming home. This means she will still be in when I become an officer. Soon we will be officer and NCO and husband and wife. Oh the fun and interesting experiences that will produce.

ok, enough of my ramble. Congrads on making colonel

Doody
May 13th, 2006  
AJChenMPH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doody
Soon we will be officer and NCO and husband and wife. Oh the fun and interesting experiences that will produce.
I think I posted a humorous story about this a while back:
http://www.military-quotes.com/forum...ad.php?t=15540

May 28th, 2006  
AJChenMPH

Back to the top. Just FYI, sir -- you've inspired me to look for some local NJROTC programs, see if I can help them out and volunteer some time.
May 28th, 2006  
PJ24

Late to the fray and unfamiliar with your situation, but:

Congrats on the headlamps, sir. That's two Lt. Colonels and one Colonel I've seen on here thus far. This board is doomed!
May 28th, 2006  
AJChenMPH

All we need is a flag/general officer, then Redleg can just shut this place down entirely.