I'm on my way back into the Army - Page 4

--
Boots

April 1st, 2005  
Charge 7

Well had my first meeting with the folks where I'll be working today. In the next few weeks I'll formally be an actively serving major once again. There will be pictures and hoo haw etc. I might even be on the evening news. Not that difficult in Vermont though - we have grade school projects hit the local news here.

Boy, if you want to feel old go meet some folks you haven't seen in green in many years. I ran into a 1LT today I knew back when he was a goofy private. Made me feel both ancient and good at the same time. He told me that I had been an important person to him in his early career because I took the time to deal with him in a contructive and pleasant manner when he was getting alot of teasing for being a goofy kid.

Which brings me to my next observation. You know all those nice things people say about you when you leave or retire from someplace? Doesn't hold a candle to how it makes you feel to see people genuinely happy to see you come back. Such smiling faces, laughs, and kind words can't be faked so easily when you will now be a part of their world again. If ever I had doubted I had been a good officer, a good leader, or a good soldier I had every shred of that doubt forever disposed of. Though I got no physical reward today such as a letter, a medal, etc. the reward I did get today meant more than any other.
April 1st, 2005  
CavScout

Way to go, I hope everything turns out well for you!
April 5th, 2005  
USAFAUX2004

Post some pictures later ok
--
Boots
April 5th, 2005  
Charge 7

I'll see what I can do. Alot of times they take pictures of these things and they never see the light of day, but if I can I'll ask one of the photographers about it. Maybe have my fiancée take some snapshots. Depends on her schedule.
April 6th, 2005  
cPFC/SAJROTC

Good Luck Charge, and keep us updated if you can.
April 6th, 2005  
DTop

It sounds like you're already having a good time. All the best Charge.
April 26th, 2005  
Charge 7

Well my papers are finally in and this weekend is the ceremony. Needless to say I'm looking forward to it very much. I'm off to Ft. Sill next month for awhile.
April 27th, 2005  
03USMC

Well for Gods Sake stay off Cache Road (heard stories about that place).

Best of Luck Charge.
April 27th, 2005  
Redleg

Nice!

Congratulations, and have fun!
Drop by and post a few lines (and pictures?) if you're able (and want) to do that later..
April 27th, 2005  
Corocotta

Good luck!!