I'm on my way back into the Army

Well so long folks. I'm on my way south to Fort Sill after tomorrow. Really looking forward to some good Army training again. I'll likely be very busy, but if I get a chance I'll drop a note here. Molly will be around to look in on things here for me and I'm sure you'll find her company enjoyable. See you in a few weeks or so.

You can be re-appointed officer positions in the US Military?

"Strike Swiftly".

Well Charge is gone and I'm already bummed. In the last four years we haven't been apart more than a day or so. Weeks apart is going to suck. Oh well I guess I better get used to it. :cry:

T.Cockeram, as I understand it from what Charge told me, you can be reactivated if you retired but did not resign. Either Charge or another person more versed than I will have to confirm that or elaborate for you.

Well, it's always tough on both of you as I'm sure you now know. After 22 years in the Army, my wife and I never really got used to it. We managed to cope with it in our own ways and I'm sure you guys will get through this just fine. Just hang in there, he'll be back before you know it.

We must have done something right because we celebrated our 34th wedding anniversary this year . Sometimes I think she wishes I was still on active duty though :)

Thanks, DTop! :D

Oh yes, we'll get through it. We've already survived worse things together. As for finding ways to cope, well I'm already starting on a letter to him and he only left today! Still writting things down makes me feel like I'm talking to him and that helps somehow.

I'm jokingly accusing him of running out on our wedding preparations. :lol:

Just about 6 weeks away now. Lucky stiff didn't even have to pickout his tux. He and his best man are both wearing Army dress blues.

Hi folks

Just got home. Sorry I haven't come by online while I was away but I was very, very, very busy. Did I say I was busy? Sheesh! I can't remember being so right out straight since I was a kid. Somebody forgot to alot me any sleep time for the most part. Anyway, I'm back and safe and probably going to be asleep for the rest of the weekend. :sleep:

Thanks, Redleg and Joe

As to how I'm doing, well pretty wornout right now. I was doing many things at once for quite awhile. Now I'm home expecting to relax and I find it's hotter here than in Oklahoma and the humidity has created an omnipresent sauna. Aaggh! Well at least I'm home and sleeping in my own bed - to which I am headed back to again. :sleep:

Thanks Top, Pete :D

Yep AC at near max. I've come to the conclusion that I'd rather be baked than steamed. I think Molly and I will spend my sunset years somewhere alot drier. :lol:

Training went very well. A part of it was spent being prepped to train at the leadership levels such as OCS. Can't say much about the rest of the training I was getting and I'm sure you can guess why. I will say that it's a very different world than it was when I hung up my spurs. :shock:

More training to come of course, training never stops, right? :?:

For now though I get a brief respite and then I will be busy getting married! Just 12 days left! :D

Lots still to do. I think Molly was holding them off for my return. :lol:

So I won't be on much for awhile but I will be here more than I have been lately. I'll probably spend some time catching up here tonight. 8)

So tell us Charge. How surprised were you to find out that the prime movers no longer eat hay and whinnie? And that you've got more choices than solid shot and grape shot for rounds? :p :p :p :p :p :p

Welcome back, Charge Almighty. I would of welcomed you back sooner but i've been busy doing nothing (j/k). Catapults huh? I think I've had an idea. :firedevi:

I have received a billet as an ROTC military studies professor, however it is not at Norwich. :( I had asked for it and thought I would have a good chance of going there as I live only about 10 miles from there, but such was not to be.

I'm waiting to hear back from the university what their policies are before I identify them or not. I did find out in training that the main reason the Army so happily reactivated me was their intention to put my masters in education to work alongside my military background and teach ROTC.

Back