I'm making a book...

mortalmadman

I need some info about the world and political situations along with a little military info. Also, I've always been curious about stuff like this.

I'm writing a book (That I want to be as realistic, but not really all that likely) in which china builds up a huge alliance with other nations and tensions between americas and it's allies with china, many middle eastern countries along with others. So america makes a pretend SDI system saying that it works so a nuclear war doesn't break out. A WW3 (Some call it WW4 because they consider the cold war WW3, but they were referencing the tension that way because of the potential war that could of broke out). Anyways, a WW3 broke out, china, russia maybe, most of the middle east except iraq and israel, african nations mostly just get paid to say there on one side or the other, with none of the nations except south africa seeing almost any war, and even south africa doesn't sent too much help. Europe has heavy ground wars, turkey, a KEY (turKEY LOL :D ) A key nation considering there power helps israel with the middle eastern nations, and finally, brazil helps america fight cuba, and mostly, columbia . Along with major navy battles in the north/south land bridge. The panama canal gets destroyed too. Eventually nations become too worn out to even continue the war. So they sign a peace treaty as they need some time to rebound. During this time, the US invents a real laser SDI system.

I see it going down with plenty of old fashion guns, tanks, ships, and plan action. But I think the biggest part of the war will be Espionage :rambo: . Such as spies and sabatoage and stealing maps and plans. Such as having chinese launch a missile at all our major building, or flying small non commercial plans filled with high explosives into them.. And my book will revolve around a head spy.

My questions are...

1)Who'll be on which side and who'll be neutral.
2)What'll go down like what. (Such as will turkey and israel (With US help and tech) be able to at least take the middle east. And Who'll win the would be major war between north and south korea. That'll be a major war in the book. I see north coming out best.
3)Which nations will be the major players and be able to withstand the years of war best
4)Which nations are most likely to fall.
5)Is Espionage really gonna be possibly THE biggest aspect.
6)How distort will cities get after such attacks like plans filled with high explosive be?
7)When do you think they'll invent A laser SDI system.
8)How much warfare do you think it'll take for US to use a nuke?

I did some research and found out a lot. But I need you guys to help. Thanks guys.

P.S. What dose this :flamer: do? O that!

HOW ABOUT US AND CHINA ALLIANCE or china and indian and russian alliance

how about the protanganist not be us

It depends on what Russia does. If Russia and the US go to war I see China aiding America as they could greatly expand northward and take a large chunk of Russian territory, but if it is China vs. USA then I think Russia will likely side with China, because if this is set, say 15 years in the future then the EU, US, Russia and China will all be on about equal terms. You could make this very interesting by making it China & USA versus Russia and EU.

USA and EU versus Russia and China is overplayed, too much like the cold war turned hot.

USA versus China is getting talked about a lot, if you write a good, intriguing story you could probably play on that level of public awareness of China's growing power, but I have a hard time seeing how Russia and EU become involved on China's side should such an event occur.

USA versus EU would be interesting, considering the EU is being organized to counter act the US as the world's only superpower (but then again so are Russia and China.)

Panama Canal being destroyed is easy enough to believe, but come on, Cuba and Columbia keeping a combined force of American and Brazilian troops away from the battle in Europe or Asia? But touche on getting Brazil and India involved, I think they are underplayed in world politics when it comes to these types of stories, when you think about it they are probably the two strongest emerging nations and could cause great upheaval in world politics.

paratroopa said:
how about the protanganist not be US

teh dude is American, unless he a big name only Americans wil lbuy it, and will only be interested in USA being the big hero.

you dont cater to originality, you cater to the public.

paratroopa said:
HOW ABOUT US AND CHINA ALLIANCE or china and indian and russian alliance

how about the protanganist not be us

I never said that china was the protanganist. Although I can see how you could assume that. I never said you start it in my book. Good to see these forums are diverse.

Plus, america isn't the big hero. In the end the moral is no one wins.

I love your points daminen

"but I have a hard time seeing how Russia and EU become involved on China's side should such an event occur.
"

That's one of the things I wasn't sure about. China and USA. But I didn't say or mean to say EU would be on china's side. I said it would be split (I think).

"Cuba and Columbia keeping a combined force of American and Brazilian troops away from the battle in Europe or Asia? But touche on getting Brazil and India involved, I think they are underplayed in world politics when it comes to these types of stories, when you think about it they are probably the two strongest emerging nations and could cause great upheaval in world politics."

I can't belive I forgot to mention india. Also, is brazil that strong. I'll be sure to keep that in mind.

For Columbia to side with Cuba there would have to be a complete over throw of their current goverment. Which is to say FARC would have to be successful in their now nearly 50 year old Civil War.

For Cuba to have an Allie on the South American Continent I'd go with Venezuela. Hugo Chavez and Fidel are already buds. And Hugito is just about nutty enough to try it.

Where would you have this Cuban/ Who ever force tie up the Brazil/US force.

03USMC said:
For Columbia to side with Cuba there would have to be a complete over throw of their current goverment. Which is to say FARC would have to be successful in their now nearly 50 year old Civil War.

For Cuba to have an Allie on the South American Continent I'd go with Venezuela. Hugo Chavez and Fidel are already buds. And Hugito is just about nutty enough to try it.

Where would you have this Cuban/ Who ever force tie up the Brazil/US force.

Sorry, wasn't quite savvy with cuba and most of south america.

I think I'll make the book more in the future to add some flexibility and make it so I can be more realistic.

mortalmadman said:
1)Who'll be on which side and who'll be neutral.
EU neutral, there isnt even a EU force to fight with anyhow!
The UK would be with the US.
2)What'll go down like what. (Such as will turkey and israel (With US help and tech) be able to at least take the middle east. And Who'll win the would be major war between north and south korea. That'll be a major war in the book. I see north coming out best.
The US might not care about turkey if it serves no tactical purpose

Doesn't SDI stand for Strategic Defense Initiative?

I think he meant to say BMD - Ballistic Missile Defense (MDA is the current agency handling BMD; MDA standing for missile defense agency)

I think I'll make the book more in the future to add some flexibility and make it so I can be more realistic.

Would you be integrating new technologies as well? :lol: such as plasma rifles, lasers, concentrated heat technology, the xm8, and countless other new things springing up? Also, it'd be pretty far-fetched that the US would engage in a large-scale war without the use of ICBMs, ESPECIALLY with China (they have enough people to spare...)

teh dude is American, unless he a big name only Americans wil lbuy it, and will only be interested in USA being the big hero.

you dont cater to originality, you cater to the public.

Not entirely true... with how diverse the literate community is, I'm sure there are a few publishing houses out there that would be happy to accept a non-fiction (seemingly sci-fi?) novel where the US could be just as bad as the 'Global Community' in the Lost Behind series. :lol:

)Who'll be on which side and who'll be neutral.

Switzerland... hahahaha

I'm sure this war would be a great excuse for the Israeli's to finally finish off those pesky Palestinians and reclaim their land. *cough* revelations *cough* They'd use whatever tactics they had to, short of nuking the Holy Land. The middle east would be a tactical nightmare for the US (yay jihad) so they'd probably just nuke them or something of the sort. I don't know about Korea... north seems to be the stronger of the two but I don't really follow Korean military strength, north or south. I do agree though that if it is China with Russia vs US, Korea would have a huge support base from China. The major battles would be in the same key places as WW2. Islands in the Pacific. I see Japan as being the biggest battleground, as the US has a large military base there and Japan is a major ally. (Akira fans are all salivating at the thought of WW3 being explained and how Tokyo is destroyed and there's the whole Neo-Tokyo crap lol)

5)Is Espionage really gonna be possibly THE biggest aspect.

Probably not like it did in previous wars. Electronic sabotage and hacking would be the biggest 'spies' out there. Think technology especially if this is slated to be staged in the future.

7)When do you think they'll invent A laser SDI system.

They already have. Its called Airborne Laser (ABL) and the MDA has been experimenting with it for the past 4-5 years or so. It uses whats called COIL; Chemical Oxygen Iodine Laser. Anywho, hope I've been helpful, if not entertaining :-D
Cheers

"I think he meant to say BMD - Ballistic Missile Defense (MDA is the current agency handling BMD; MDA standing for missile defense agency)"

---No, What I meant is a

"Would you be integrating new technologies as well?"

---Yes, plenty of new weapons

"Laughing such as plasma rifles, lasers, concentrated heat technology, the xm8, and countless other new things springing up?"

---LOL, no, maybe WW# starts at 2015 or 2018

Also, it'd be pretty far-fetched that the US would engage in a large-scale war without the use of ICBMs, ESPECIALLY with China

---Some people underestimate how powerful they are. Nuking is not something to be takin lightly. There's a reason japan, the people that would rather kill all it's people in kamakazie mission and had all of it's soldiers blow themselves up with the enemy before they would surender, surender. Not to mention, we didn't even know the radiation effects so that gave them another reason to surender that they didn't even know. And modern nukes could blow this world up completly!

But in the book, it comes close.

"(they have enough people to spare...)"

---LOL

Not entirely true... with how diverse the literate community is, I'm sure there are a few publishing houses out there that would be happy to accept a non-fiction (seemingly sci-fi?) novel where the US could be just as bad as the 'Global Community' in the Lost Behind series. Laughing

---Once agian, america isn't the good guys.

"I'm sure this war would be a great excuse for the Israeli's to finally finish off those pesky Palestinians and reclaim their land. *cough* revelations *cough* They'd use whatever tactics they had to, short of nuking the Holy Land. The middle east would be a tactical nightmare for the US (yay jihad) so they'd probably just nuke them or something of the sort.

---See above... But I am sure Israel would love to stomp those countries.

"Electronic sabotage and hacking would be the biggest 'spies' out there. Think technology especially if this is slated to be staged in the future."

---I would agree elecronic warfare will be a huge part. But by espionage (WOW, I think I spelled it right on my own this time. tough word) I was reffering not as much to stealing plan as I was to food poisining and sabotaging army bases and especaily bombing huge commercail buildings. I think it would be very easy. Buy a tiny aircraft and some exlosives and... boom, for the cost of... I got a better way to put it.

Small Aircraft : $50,000
Explosives : $70,000
Taking down the Sears Tower : Priceless

"They already have. Its called Airborne Laser (ABL) and the MDA has been experimenting with it for the past 4-5 years or so. It uses whats called COIL; Chemical Oxygen Iodine Laser."

---But dose it safely destroy nuclear missles? No. I think. And if it dose, why don't we just nuke the world already. :twisted:

Well honestly most BMD's are meant to cause an explosion in the upper atmosphere, if not entirely in space. I don't expect many nuclear missiles are able to be 'destroyed', more they would be disabled...

As far as espionage, that kind of stuff happens in every war... just gotta look at how realistic you want it to be... if you have a 'James Bond' running around taking out entire military sects on his own, it'll be a bit far fetched.

Lastly, the idea of using a plane as a bomb is... well... its offensive and grossly unnecessary. War is awful enough... no need to drag up hardly old memories of recent world events... and why would it be the U.S. getting hit again? Our air defense (especially around New York) has grown in such a way that ANOTHER attack of that sort would be unlikely, especially in a time of global war. How about we hire more of those &*^#$#& #$&*(#$ Saudi terrorist bastards and have them fly a jet into one of their own worthless buildings... damn heathens. *sigh* off topic but anywho if I think of anything (and im sure I will) I'll add a reply :-D

Thanks agin DavidP

"Well honestly most BMD's are meant to cause an explosion in the upper atmosphere, if not entirely in space. I don't expect many nuclear missiles are able to be 'destroyed', more they would be disabled..."

---Dose that translate that we already can stop nuclear weapons grom killing us?

"As far as espionage, that kind of stuff happens in every war... just gotta look at how realistic you want it to be... if you have a 'James Bond' running around taking out entire military sects on his own, it'll be a bit far fetched."

---LOL, na. Mine will be very realilistic.

"Lastly, the idea of using a plane as a bomb is... well... its offensive and grossly unnecessary. War is awful enough... no need to drag up hardly old memories of recent world events..."

---Good point. But I'm not sure if it'll be that big of a problem.

"and why would it be the U.S. getting hit again? Our air defense (especially around New York) has grown in such a way that ANOTHER attack of that sort would be unlikely, especially in a time of global war."

---I don't mean commercail plane. A small one like http://hyper.fit.edu/biology/Summer/Australia2002/LEI/PLANE.JPG I dought they could stop a live plane unless they put up sam defence system in the middle of skylines which is kinda unlikely they take those measures.

"How about we hire more of those &*^#$#& #$&*(#$ Saudi terrorist bastards and have them fly a jet into one of their own worthless buildings... damn heathens."

---Terrorist will never help us. They might attack them. But not in the name of america.[/url]

---Terrorist will never help us. They might attack them. But not in the name of america.

A terrorist doesnt have to be saudi... could be american... there are terrorists of every nationality and creed... just have to fit the definition ;)

DavidP said:
---Terrorist will never help us. They might attack them. But not in the name of america.

A terrorist doesnt have to be saudi... could be american... there are terrorists of every nationality and creed... just have to fit the definition ;)

:lol: Well put

I've started the book. Thanks guys.

Back