I'm making a book... - Page 2

--

January 16th, 2005  
mortalmadman

"I think he meant to say BMD - Ballistic Missile Defense (MDA is the current agency handling BMD; MDA standing for missile defense agency)"

---No, What I meant is a

"Would you be integrating new technologies as well?"

---Yes, plenty of new weapons

"Laughing such as plasma rifles, lasers, concentrated heat technology, the xm8, and countless other new things springing up?"

---LOL, no, maybe WW# starts at 2015 or 2018

Also, it'd be pretty far-fetched that the US would engage in a large-scale war without the use of ICBMs, ESPECIALLY with China

---Some people underestimate how powerful they are. Nuking is not something to be takin lightly. There's a reason japan, the people that would rather kill all it's people in kamakazie mission and had all of it's soldiers blow themselves up with the enemy before they would surender, surender. Not to mention, we didn't even know the radiation effects so that gave them another reason to surender that they didn't even know. And modern nukes could blow this world up completly!

But in the book, it comes close.

"(they have enough people to spare...)"

---LOL

Not entirely true... with how diverse the literate community is, I'm sure there are a few publishing houses out there that would be happy to accept a non-fiction (seemingly sci-fi?) novel where the US could be just as bad as the 'Global Community' in the Lost Behind series. Laughing

---Once agian, america isn't the good guys.

"I'm sure this war would be a great excuse for the Israeli's to finally finish off those pesky Palestinians and reclaim their land. *cough* revelations *cough* They'd use whatever tactics they had to, short of nuking the Holy Land. The middle east would be a tactical nightmare for the US (yay jihad) so they'd probably just nuke them or something of the sort.

---See above... But I am sure Israel would love to stomp those countries.

"Electronic sabotage and hacking would be the biggest 'spies' out there. Think technology especially if this is slated to be staged in the future."

---I would agree elecronic warfare will be a huge part. But by espionage (WOW, I think I spelled it right on my own this time. tough word) I was reffering not as much to stealing plan as I was to food poisining and sabotaging army bases and especaily bombing huge commercail buildings. I think it would be very easy. Buy a tiny aircraft and some exlosives and... boom, for the cost of... I got a better way to put it.

Small Aircraft : $50,000
Explosives : $70,000
Taking down the Sears Tower : Priceless

"They already have. Its called Airborne Laser (ABL) and the MDA has been experimenting with it for the past 4-5 years or so. It uses whats called COIL; Chemical Oxygen Iodine Laser."

---But dose it safely destroy nuclear missles? No. I think. And if it dose, why don't we just nuke the world already.
January 16th, 2005  
DavidP

Well honestly most BMD's are meant to cause an explosion in the upper atmosphere, if not entirely in space. I don't expect many nuclear missiles are able to be 'destroyed', more they would be disabled...

As far as espionage, that kind of stuff happens in every war... just gotta look at how realistic you want it to be... if you have a 'James Bond' running around taking out entire military sects on his own, it'll be a bit far fetched.

Lastly, the idea of using a plane as a bomb is... well... its offensive and grossly unnecessary. War is awful enough... no need to drag up hardly old memories of recent world events... and why would it be the U.S. getting hit again? Our air defense (especially around New York) has grown in such a way that ANOTHER attack of that sort would be unlikely, especially in a time of global war. How about we hire more of those &*^#$#& #$&*(#$ Saudi terrorist bastards and have them fly a jet into one of their own worthless buildings... damn heathens. *sigh* off topic but anywho if I think of anything (and im sure I will) I'll add a reply
January 17th, 2005  
mortalmadman

Thanks agin DavidP

"Well honestly most BMD's are meant to cause an explosion in the upper atmosphere, if not entirely in space. I don't expect many nuclear missiles are able to be 'destroyed', more they would be disabled..."

---Dose that translate that we already can stop nuclear weapons grom killing us?

"As far as espionage, that kind of stuff happens in every war... just gotta look at how realistic you want it to be... if you have a 'James Bond' running around taking out entire military sects on his own, it'll be a bit far fetched."

---LOL, na. Mine will be very realilistic.

"Lastly, the idea of using a plane as a bomb is... well... its offensive and grossly unnecessary. War is awful enough... no need to drag up hardly old memories of recent world events..."

---Good point. But I'm not sure if it'll be that big of a problem.

"and why would it be the U.S. getting hit again? Our air defense (especially around New York) has grown in such a way that ANOTHER attack of that sort would be unlikely, especially in a time of global war."

---I don't mean commercail plane. A small one like http://hyper.fit.edu/biology/Summer/.../LEI/PLANE.JPG I dought they could stop a live plane unless they put up sam defence system in the middle of skylines which is kinda unlikely they take those measures.

"How about we hire more of those &*^#$#& #$&*(#$ Saudi terrorist bastards and have them fly a jet into one of their own worthless buildings... damn heathens."

---Terrorist will never help us. They might attack them. But not in the name of america.[/url]
--
January 19th, 2005  
DavidP

Quote:
---Terrorist will never help us. They might attack them. But not in the name of america.
A terrorist doesnt have to be saudi... could be american... there are terrorists of every nationality and creed... just have to fit the definition
January 19th, 2005  
mortalmadman

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidP
Quote:
---Terrorist will never help us. They might attack them. But not in the name of america.
A terrorist doesnt have to be saudi... could be american... there are terrorists of every nationality and creed... just have to fit the definition
Well put

I've started the book. Thanks guys.