Im Joining!!

AussieArmyWife

Hi everyone! Its been a little while since I last posted. Forgive me...ive been working very hard! I hope your all well! Well, big news for me.....
IM JOINING THE ADF. Well, some of you already know that I applied for the Aust Army 18months ago, but I had to put my application on hold because during my medical I found out that I was pregnant!

Well here we go again! I decided a couple of weeks ago that I would try again, now that we are settled in our new posting and our son is old enough to go to day care. The Army have accepted my application again, but we have both agreed to hold off a touch longer while I work on my fitness again!! Im not doing to bad, considering ive done no PT since I got pregnant. Ive managed to drop 6kilo in 3 weeks, and Ive got an Ex Army PTI :army: giving me personal training at my gym! So I hope to see some real results soon!!

The guys that my husband works with are very excited about me joining, and trying to get me to go in as a cook. (because they all love the meals I make for john to take to work and they want me in there mess!!) They are really supportive and have been finding out all sorts of information for me that will give me sort of a "home-court" advantage at training. I already know so much about the army so It wont be as hard as some of the others will find it. But I know im going to be in for a real shock when I get to boot camp!! :|

Im already learning some drill, and getting to know the parts of the weapons I will be expected to use. (with thanks to my hubby and the boys at 3RAR!)

Well, thats my bit of news. I welcome any advice too!
Atlanta

Im already learning some drill, and getting to know the parts of the weapons I will be expected to use. (with thanks to my hubby and the boys at 3RAR!)

firstly congrats!!

Secondly, your husband is 3rar is he? I guess that means a posting to Adelaide in 2010 for you then?

As for joining catering corp.. god bless you. We need more army catering and less "spotless" contractors.

good luck mate , i'm sure you won't struggle.
Don't know what it's like now but no better way to come in the spotlight than doing drill etc. before being taught...just a thought.

cheers

oh and the meals in the mess may be average but how good do they taste after a full day!

Thanks so much for your support guys! Yes, I will try to be as prepared as possible before I get to kapooka, but I dont think somehow That will get me out of "being chewed out!!" Hehehe!!

One thing I found out today is that kapooka is now 12 weeks long! When John went through it was only 6! Hmmmm bummer! Aparently the first 6wks are done with the reservists then then the next 6 just full timers! Im not sure about catering corp just yet...it dosnt help that the IET for that is 22weeks long as well! It just means im away from john and bubs for almost 9mths! But I suppose you have to do whatever it takes!

John thinks I should consider transport too.

Oh, RAInf - If john is still will 3RAR by then we realy hope to get back to adelaide as that is where we are both from. But seeings as he is a pay clerk, he has been told to expect to be shifted every two-three yrs. SO I guess we wait and see......

Also we have heard talk that soon if you do a stint in darwin NT, your next posting will be adelaide. They sort of pencil you in so to speak. As aparently the defence want to concentrate the army forces mostly in darwin and adelaide to make most use of the Ghan railway. hmmm thats what we have heard anyway.....pinch of salt and all that!

Anyways thanks so much for your support I will keep you guys updated!!
atlanta

Congrats AussieArmy Wife.
A friend of mines wife completed the cooks course a couple of years ago. But she is in the RAAF.
Already been O'seas cooking for he masses up North I believe.
Cooks seem to get on llots of deployments this day and age.
Cheers.

Back