I'm fed up with the UN - Page 6

--
Boots

September 27th, 2004  
Chocobo_Blitzer

Ohh my, and I'm sure that's bringing Japan's economy down to the ground. What with how much they are involved and all. Poor Japan, being forced to burden so much by the yankees. Like slaves!
September 27th, 2004  
LIPS

The UN pays very well for well trained and equiped soldiers. But happens when the governments of the countries that have been asked to supply their forces refuse (because they are worried about public opinion) what can the UN do then?????????????????????????????????????????????? ??
September 27th, 2004  
KJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010
Anyone making the statement, "Sadam Hussein never had WMD." doesn't know what WMD is then. Nerve gas is one, and 100,000+ dead Kurds and dead Iranians would beg to differ with the opinion that "he never had them"
Ofcourse he had them.
Prior to the 91 conflict that is..Where are the socalled WMD,s now?
You know the ones we went to war over this time around.
There have been a few old gasgrenades found dating back prior to DS but I donīt think they were the reason to go to war.

Donīt get me wrong here I am not judging motives, Iīm just stating the fact that no WMD,s have been found as of yet in Iraq.

KJ.
--
Boots
September 27th, 2004  
A Can of Man

I'm not American and I have lived in Southeast Asia so seen quite a few UN things.

I think the UN is rather good in most of its roles except in security council and peacekeeping. In that they are simply utterly rubbish.
Probably the aid programs it has going in Africa and the post conflict help in East Timor and Cambodia are the finest achievements in the UN.
September 29th, 2004  
Lupos

Topic: Makes me wonder...

All these gas grenades and such showing up in the hands of the insurgents gets me wondering. Do you think maybe these insurgents scooped up these WMDs before we did. Even if all the intel that came into Bush was flawed, if there is enough evidence then it must be somehow true. Just a thought.
September 29th, 2004  
Chocobo_Blitzer

Not a nuclear weapon, but chemical and biological.... who knows, I'm betting Saddam passed those out to Syria.
September 29th, 2004  
A Can of Man

There's always the possibility that he hid them away in Syria or perhaps in the sands in the deserts of Iraq to make Bush's invasion seem illegitimate. He would then count on the war to go bad, and America to pull out, largely due to the war being seemingly illegitimate.
Then he would crawl out of his spider hole and get back in power.

But this is a "conspiracy theory" kind of thing.
I wouldn't put much weight into it.
September 29th, 2004  
Italian Guy

Not too much of a conspiracy theory, though. A bit too simple, but its to the point.
September 29th, 2004  
godofthunder9010

Sadam is from Syria, so it only makes sense that he would choose Syria as a place to hide WMD's for safe-keeping. Also, it should be remembered that when it comes to Nerve Agents and other Chemical Weapons, a tiny amount goes a long ways.
September 30th, 2004  
A Can of Man

Come on guys, evidence.
Let's not speculate. If we do, let's say it's a possibility but let's not put much weight into it.