I'm fed up with the UN - Page 10

--
Boots

December 5th, 2004  
beardo

The UN is a pile of wank

We should never have joined..and now they are trying to run our country and flood even more immigrants in

they also want to control our army...our economy and everything else

Tony Blair wants to surrender our country but is just about the only one who does...unlucky for us he's the **** that runs the country

December 6th, 2004  
Young Winston

Hopefully the proposals being put forward to improve the functioning of the UN are seriously considered and all are implemented.

The UN is still the only "one stop shop" open 24 hours a day where countries can go to and TALK about a problem.

Who will organise the 30th January elections in Iraq if the UN isn't involved?

If there is a delay due to ongoing violence, the view of the UN on the viability of the elections is crucial because UN officials may be the only ones with the credibility to persuade the Shiite leadership that a delay would be for the good of the country (Los Angeles Times, Reuters, Monday, 6th December)
December 6th, 2004  
A Can of Man

Right now it's worse because Kofi Annan has turned the UN into a "go against everything America's doing" organization, rather than a "help people" organization. There are plenty of people who need real help and real support in various places around the world, INCLUDING Iraq.
Kofi Annan's track record isn't the best in the world anyways. Remember Rwanda? He was the chief UN person in charge of peacekeeping. And we all know how well that went.

I agree with Beardo, the UN is a wank. I believe in more meaningful alliances that are brought about because of real goals and real purposes.

Peacekeeping is generally a poorly and inefficiently run operation anyways. Leave a few hundred experts to do the job and they can do it faster, cheaper and more effectively than 50,000 guys who are binded by rule books that can put the bible to shame. In most cases the operations aren't against well organized groups. They're against disorganized, but very brutal thugs.
I'm sorry, but after the Belgian peacekeepers pulled out of Rwanda and left all the people who trusted them for their lives at the school to die, the 10 peace keepers who were killed as a result of poor orders earlier, died for nothing.
--
Boots
December 6th, 2004  
dougal

Quote:
We should never have joined..
You havent joined.

December 6th, 2004  
beardo

oh yeah

I was thinking of the EU....but the PM wants us to join
December 6th, 2004  
dougal

No he doesnt. He never said that. Hes making a mess of the EU too.
December 6th, 2004  
beardo

oh ok
December 6th, 2004  
AlexKall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chocobo_Blitzer
Quote:
Originally Posted by dougal
The UN is keeping war trowen countries together, where the U.S couldnt be bother showing an intrest being the biggest super power.

And most people dont realise that here or reconise the lifes given by UN soldiers.
LOL Say what!?
It is true in some cases, yes.
December 6th, 2004  
Kane

Quote:
And most people dont realise that here or reconise the lifes given by UN soldiers.
Agreed. Perhaps for people who consider this a joke is insulting the multi-national effort to provide order within an unstable, warring countries.
December 6th, 2004  
03USMC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane
Quote:
Agreed. Perhaps for people who consider this a joke is insulting the multi-national effort to provide order within an unstable, warring countries.
What Countries? They did not step in in Rwanda, The Sudan and now will probably ignore the Congo issue. They purposley did not mention Genocide concerning Rwanda because by charter they would have been bound to act.

In Africa ECOMIL is much more effective at Peacekeeping than UN multi-nationals. Problem is they are too closely tied to the UN and end up relying on them for support.