I'm dropping out of College.

Add one more experience to the long list of people hoping the best for you and encouraging you to further your education.

I graduated when I was 16. I waited a year (only because my mother wouldn't let her baby go to college yet) then went to college for 1 year. I was a below average student, and frankly too immature to appreciate the opportunity I had. I got married, had kids, and when I was nearing my 30's decided to go back to college at a community college. I graduated there with a 4.0 gpa, and an Associate of Science degree (and an Accounting Techinical Certificate). A few years after that, I tried going to a university close to home... it was the typical university filled with children who were more interested in the next party than their education. This was definately not the environment I needed as I was working full time, going to college, planning a wedding, and rasing teenaged GIRLS! I found a university that offered adult degrees. This college (Oakland City University) offeres 6-week courses that give 3-credit hours. It is for those who want to further their education while holding a full time job! I love it, and have recommended it to my daughters as well.

Perhaps the college you were attending wasn't the "right fit" for you. There are other options out there.

Good luck!

i'm thinking of going to the same college next year, but trying an IT course. or, perhaps, going to a random college, any that do a stonemasons/Dry stone walling course. not sure yet =/

Big frigging deal ...............

Big frigging deal - so you are gonna drop out .........

If you are dumb enough to drop out of college when you have a chance to get an education, then I don't feel sorry for you.

Many people, would be glad just to be able to attend a Junior College, let alone a technical school or a trade school and here you are, whining about being a little tired. Reducing the workload and extending the time when you receive your diploma goes a long ways towards relieving the strain.

Suck it up ... talk to your counselor .. come up with a reduced workload. So you have to take an extra six months to a year ... getting the diploma is what's important .. not how long it took.

We can't. England, different education system. we can't extend periods etc, we have a choice between a one year course and a two year course at college. if you can't meet deadlines, enjoy your **** rape.

Big frigging deal - so you are gonna drop out .........

If you are dumb enough to drop out of college when you have a chance to get an education, then I don't feel sorry for you.

Many people, would be glad just to be able to attend a Junior College, let alone a technical school or a trade school and here you are, whining about being a little tired. Reducing the workload and extending the time when you receive your diploma goes a long ways towards relieving the strain.

Suck it up ... talk to your counselor .. come up with a reduced workload. So you have to take an extra six months to a year ... getting the diploma is what's important .. not how long it took.

Well said Chief.....everything in life has a price, and eduction will always be a reminder of your accomplishments and success.

Last edited:
The long and short of it guys

YOU JUST HAVE TO HANG IN THERE. Consider talking a break like I did. Consider another activity like the Army as Duty, Honor, Country did (as I sould have done...grr). BUT DON'T GIVE UP.
School sucks..I know I am trying to talk myself back into it to update my technical skills. But you just got to do it.

Insomniac

If you are interested in IT courses I can help you with that. I am a professional Network Engineer, if you need advice on classes/careers drop me a PM.

Back