Illinois Schools Canceling Christmas and Halloween to Avoid Offending Muslims

Well put...
If your not permitted to recognize Christmas in school - but still celebrate Kwanzaa... Something is beyond broke!
:brave:

***ATTENTION: NEW VIEW HERE***

Everyone should be allowed to pray. Muslims, Chrsitians, Buddhists, Ancient Greeks, et al. Just no class led prayers. Other than that, pray to your heart's content.

Public schools have to cater to all?
I think there comes a point when this country is so protective of the minority we permit the a tyranny by the minority to exist. The Founding Fathers were ofcourse attempting to safeguard us from the opposite, and Hamilton in the Federalist papers had written about this very outcome. The minority would use the courts to impose their view on the majority. Some would call this legislating from the bench... I am getting a bit off topic - but to bring this back around, the only correction to the court is through the legislative process which we saw when the courts attempted to legalize gay marriage. The state legislatures stepped forward - I think that is what must happen now.
:shock:

Great post.

Class lead prayers eliminated?
Prayers before high school football games eliminated?
What's next on the docket - the Pledge?

We're all having a good whinge here, but how many of you have actually written a letter of complaint to the Illinios Department of Education stating your feelings?

Back