Illinois NCO Academy!

USAFAUX2004

Now that I have come home, tired and sleepy with sore muscles, I know that soon we will have M-16 Training, and can get the Expert marksman ribbons as cadets! The NCO Academy was well organized for a first annual mini-encampment. We had NCO Leadership Classes, Flight Drill Lab, Teaching techniques, and 2-3 and then 5-7 minute speeches, prepared within half an hour and af cource the food :)

USAFAUX2004 said:
M-16 Training, and can get the Expert marksman ribbons as cadets!
I'm sorry. Please tell me that you are talking about an activity outside of CAP that does not involve the NRA. Cuse last I checked we don't have a marksman ribbon, nor can you jump up all the way to expert like that through the NRA. Please clairify before I type a whole lot of stuff.

alliehz said:
USAFAUX2004 said:
I'm sorry. Please tell me that you are talking about an activity outside of CAP that does not involve the NRA. Cuse last I checked we don't have a marksman ribbon, nor can you jump up all the way to expert like that through the NRA. Please clairify before I type a whole lot of stuff.

Ok it is part of an agreement between the AF and CAP select cadets get M16 training and if they are any good they may recieve the sharpshooter ribbon not the marksman

nulli secundus said:
Or, you can throw it into a little black box like I do with all my ribbons.

True, True, but this thread is here to inform CAP cadets in the Area that there is such a shool and I believe the next one is planed for April/May

Concorde 4ever said:
Mike, your wrong! The ribbon goes FIRST (check Rubenic) and the NCOA is in the fall (airman school is spring).

No you are wrong it goes First as in from the top, but not from where you start your ribbons on the bottom left! and we have 2 NCOA's planned! Read your damned e-mails

USAFAUX2004 said:
alliehz said:
USAFAUX2004 said:

Ok it is part of an agreement between the AF and CAP select cadets get M16 training and if they are any good they may recieve the sharpshooter ribbon not the marksman

If you get it issued from the airforce I think you can wear it, its a Military Decoration. Also, the catch, gotta be active/retired from the service, can't get the service award unless you're in it. It would be worn at the TOP of your rack above CAP ribbons.

Back