Illegal Aliens Protest - Page 7




 
--
Boots
 
April 11th, 2006  
ASTRALdragon
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ24
That's all well and good, except just "immigrants" aren't taking those jobs, illegal immigrants are. They're driving wages lower so much that we lose an annual $230 billion in wages.

How about those 10 million American men alone in the US that don't have a higher education, is that such a small number that it's really insignificant?

Then of course we have the billions of dollars we're paying out every year to Medicaid and food assistance programs for them.

That argument has been used a lot, but it's mostly BS. They cost us a lot more money than they save us. They are a drain of the economy, and they hurt not only those 10 million + Americans, they hurt EVERYONE.

That's why I said that I am for immigrant labor but not illegal immigrant labor. There is a huge difference. I am totally against people entering the US illegally, but there is nothing wrong with coming to the US legally and getting a low wage job that pays better then the job the immigrant held in their native country. I know that illegal immigrants kills the economy (I live in CA, I think we have the most illegal immigrants here, plus my girlfriend tells me all about how the illegal Hispanic kids in her classroom [she's an elementary teacher] are killing the test score averages and the schools lose funding). As for immigrant labor taking away jobs from low educated Americans, I'm actually for that. This will just drive Americans to obtain a higher level of education. It's all about survival of the fittest. As I have stated in my post in a different thread about American society; let the low laborers handle the manufacturing and industry jobs, and have the majority of Americans handle the high-levelled manufacturing and industrious jobs and service-related jobs. Most of the world is an industrious society. The US has moved beyond that and entered a postindustrious (information) society. America is based on the society of information and services (i.e. they do not waste their time making Nikes and pans anymore, although the US should still retain the manufacturing jobs that relate to military and civilian technology they hold as "secret").
April 11th, 2006  
PJ24
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASTRALdragon
That's why I said that I am for immigrant labor but not illegal immigrant labor. There is a huge difference. I am totally against people entering the US illegally, but there is nothing wrong with coming to the US legally and getting a low wage job that pays better then the job the immigrant held in their native country. I know that illegal immigrants kills the economy (I live in CA, I think we have the most illegal immigrants here, plus my girlfriend tells me all about how the illegal Hispanic kids in her classroom [she's an elementary teacher] are killing the test score averages and the schools lose funding). As for immigrant labor taking away jobs from low educated Americans, I'm actually for that. This will just drive Americans to obtain a higher level of education. It's all about survival of the fittest. As I have stated in my post in a different thread about American society; let the low laborers handle the manufacturing and industry jobs, and have the majority of Americans handle the high-levelled manufacturing and industrious jobs and service-related jobs. Most of the world is an industrious society. The US has moved beyond that and entered a postindustrious (information) society. America is based on the society of information and services (i.e. they do not waste their time making Nikes and pans anymore, although the US should still retain the manufacturing jobs that relate to military and civilian technology they hold as "secret").
Legal immigrants do not lower wages, they are not forced to work in jobs that will not pay them above the standard. You will not find very many legal immigrants working the same jobs illegal immigrants do. They aren't an issue at all, they don't help or hurt the economy enough to matter.

Legal immigrants do not take American jobs, Americans have first pick at jobs when it comes to that. Illegal immigrants take jobs from Americans two ways, one; they'll accept lower pay and many are under the table. Two; they've lowered the wages so much in certain jobs that Americans refuse to take them to begin with.

April 11th, 2006  
ASTRALdragon
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ24
Legal immigrants do not lower wages, they are not forced to work in jobs that will not pay them above the standard. You will not find very many legal immigrants working the same jobs illegal immigrants do. They aren't an issue at all, they don't help or hurt the economy enough to matter.

Legal immigrants do not take American jobs, Americans have first pick at jobs when it comes to that. Illegal immigrants take jobs from Americans two ways, one; they'll accept lower pay and many are under the table. Two; they've lowered the wages so much in certain jobs that Americans refuse to take them to begin with.
I don't get it, it seems like we are arguing the same point; against illegal immigration... I'm for the law/legislation/measure that will penalize businesses that hire (knowingly or not, they should make an effort to do a decent background check) illegal immigrants. As for your point that certain Americans won't take certain jobs because of lower wages, I think that's a circular arguement. I don't think any American (due to their pride) would willingly take a job washing dishes, scrubbing toilets, etc. if they cared about their social status. It's one of those things where your pride outweighs your wallet.
--
Boots
April 12th, 2006  
5.56X45mm
 
 
When my family came over to the USA. We washed dishes, cleaned folks clothing, mopped floors, and flipped burgers.

We worked hard to achive the life we now enjoy.

Illegal Immigrants take away the jobs that my family first did when we arrived here into the USA. Illegal Immigrants also place a strain on legal immigrants because of the taxes that they abuse because they don't pay taxes.

Illegal Immigration is a slap in the face to all of those like me. I worked hard to become a citizen of the USA. I have served this country. I have shed blood and sweat defending this nation. I have lost friends defending this nation. And yet these illegal immigrants claim they have the same rights as me. THEY CAN KISS MY CUBAN AMERICAN @$$. These socialist can crawl back to where ever they come from. If they want to be an American like me. They can go through the same trails and tribulations that I went through to become a legal citizen. They can shed blood and sweat like me. And they can put in the same effort as me.

Lastly, a good friend of mine is a Legal Resident (Green Card Holder). He is a legal immigrant from the Island of Jamaica. He enlisted in the US Air Force. But here's the catch. If you talk to him. You'd think he's American.

No accent, been living in the USA since he was four years old. Now he's twenty two. And he's still not a citizen becaus eof the hoops that the INS has made him jump through. And he's in Iraq fighting for a nation that he himself cannot yet vote in or have a say in. He is risking his life to defend this nation. And by allowing these illegal immigrants to be welcomed into the USA is a slap in his face and in those like him.

It is also a slap in my face and in the faces of my loved ones that have worked hard and suffered to live here legally.

'Nuff Said...

Luis
April 12th, 2006  
GI_JOEJK
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix80
Hey, what is going on in the US?

Millions of Illegal Aliens (mostly Mexicans and Latinos) are on the march through out the USA and it is really terrible.

They are waving Mexican flags and other Latin American countries' flags and it is alarming.

Why is it?
----------------------------------




The 5th column??
April 12th, 2006  
Ted
 
 
Okay, there is a problem with the fact that they broke the law on US entries. On the otherhand I do think that there is a very hypocritical note in this ordeal. You talk about millions that are in the US, doing underpayed, dangerous jobs, while US citizens might be unemployed and on the dole. So many companies use these cheap slaves when it suits them and abuse them to the max. And all of a sudden when things go amiss, they are unwanted and everybody is like "what are they doing here". Well they are doing the dirty sh*t-jobs none of the others want to do, in abissmal circumstances! And yes, after a while some of them might even think they have some rights..... strange isn't it.

My solution; don't build a fence, but charge every company, that uses illegals, with aiding a criminal. See how many of these "unwanted criminals" remain in the US? It's all for a quick buck....
April 12th, 2006  
Chief Bones
 
 

Topic: You can not profit from any crime you commit ...


I don't get it.

For those that want to 'legalise' ALL illegal aliens I have just one question to ask them:
What part of illegal is it that you seem to completely miss with your arguments.

Let's see if I can put a face on this ... a man kills ohhhhh 7 (or) 8 people, he's tried, found guilty and sentenced to death. At the time of his arrest he had amassed approximately $250,000 - the proceeds of the robberies etc. The law says you can not profit from any crime you commit. So the money is confiscated and used to reimburse the victims families.


OHHH - you are going to say this doesn't compute ..... a mass murderer and a bunch of illegal aliens. YOU COULDN'T BE MORE WRONG IF YOU DID.

Some of you bleeding hearts are saying that because some of these illegals have been in this country for decades they shouldn't have to pay the price for 'ILLEGALLY' entering this country ... I say baloney ... what you are saying is that a person SHOULD be able to profit from their crimes. I see ... a different law for different groups ... not in this country ... that's not the way we do business in this country. Just because there are two laws in Mexico for illegal immigrants doesn't make it so in the US.

5.56X45mm makes a very good case from the lips of a 'LEGAL' immigrant ...
Quote:
As a LEGAL IMMIGRANT. I hate this entitlement crap and the fact that illegal immigrants get treated better than me and my family sometimes.

I had to jump through hoops, wait seven years, and file paperwork and pay money to an attorney. I did was INS wanted me to do. And I payed my dues to become a citizen. And further, I served my nation by defending it.

I don't see these illegals doing JACK F***ING SH*T. They want, want, want, and want. But they don't do, do, and do. These people expect AMERICANS like ME to support them. SCREW THEM. Let them do it legally like what I had to do.
(And other comments from his other posts).

I've said it once and I'll say it again ... the ONLY thing Americans owe these ILLEGAL ALIENS is a one-way ticket back across the border. (Come to think about it, we don't owe them anything, it's just the only way we can get rid of them ... we can't shoot them). NOT SO FUNNY...........
April 12th, 2006  
Ted
 
 
Quote:
I've said it once and I'll say it again ... the ONLY thing Americans owe these ILLEGAL ALIENS is a one-way ticket back across the border. (Come to think about it, we don't owe them anything, it's just the only way we can get rid of them ... we can't shoot them). NOT SO FUNNY...........
I think that "they" don't agree to this point of view Chief is that many have already benefitted from these same illegals. We have a rule in Holland, that if you have worked here for at least 6 years and payed taxes, you can be given a green card.
But now it is that first you use them and them throw them out as hard as possible. The answer to that equation is mayhem, because even illegals hate it to be treated as a slave.

April 12th, 2006  
Chief Bones
 
 

Topic: Missing the point ...


Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted
I think that "they" don't agree to this point of view Chief is that many have already benefitted from these same illegals. We have a rule in Holland, that if you have worked here for at least 6 years and payed taxes, you can be given a green card.
But now it is that first you use them and them throw them out as hard as possible. The answer to that equation is mayhem, because even illegals hate it to be treated as a slave.

You are still missing the relevent points ... you can not profit from a crime in this country (they're here illegally) ...

and ...

we do not have two different sets of laws when it comes to immigration (Mexico does).
April 12th, 2006  
PJ24
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASTRALdragon
I don't get it, it seems like we are arguing the same poin
The only difference is, you're claiming LEGAL immigrants provide cheap labor, and that's not the case.

Quote:
I don't think any American (due to their pride) would willingly take a job washing dishes, scrubbing toilets, etc. if they cared about their social status. It's one of those things where your pride outweighs your wallet.


Did you really just say this? Nooo, you didn't! C'mon now, you have got to know how ridiculous that is. How many Americans do you think work in the kitchens of restaurants across the country washing dishes? More than you'd imagine. Cleaning toilets? Yeah, they do that too. There's a whole group of people out there that don't come from the superficial suburbia America, they work shitty jobs for crappy pay and some work shitty jobs for not so crappy pay.

Your statement was way to generalized to even be near correct.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted
Okay, there is a problem with the fact that they broke the law on US entries. On the otherhand I do think that there is a very hypocritical note in this ordeal. You talk about millions that are in the US, doing underpayed, dangerous jobs, while US citizens might be unemployed and on the dole. So many companies use these cheap slaves when it suits them and abuse them to the max. And all of a sudden when things go amiss, they are unwanted and everybody is like "what are they doing here". Well they are doing the dirty sh*t-jobs none of the others want to do, in abissmal circumstances! And yes, after a while some of them might even think they have some rights..... strange isn't it.
That's just it though, it isn't strange.

They (illegals) are the reason American's won't take the jobs now or can't get the jobs. Americans expect higher wages, benefits, and safe working conditions (and there's no reason they shouldn't). They've driven the wages down so low, many companies don't want to hire American workers, even if they are willing to work for peanuts.

And I agree 100% about the companies, they're just as guilty as the illegals.