Ignorant Foreigner Attempts to Bash MY County

Sounds like our Greek friend doesn't know much about Sparta. Sparta wasn't a Democracy, they hated Democracy. The spent most of their time warring against Democracies. While Sparta was a military superpower that was about all they were good for.

I prefer to think that America is much more than *just* a military power. In fact I wish we would kick this obsession we have with military strength, I'd rather focus more on being an economic/cultural/scientific superpower again.

As a short green guy once said:

Oooh Great Warrior???, Wars do not make one Great!

Last edited:
It is not his patriotism that maks him ignorant. If you notice, I even told him that I admired his patriotic attitude. Its his comments to me, clearly ment to insult. Its the lies he spoke about killing and humiliating thousands of people, and its the way he called me a and my fellow Marines payed mercenaries and barbarians. That, my friend, is what makes him ignorant. I respect your opinion though, and I can see where you are coming from.

Good answer LCPL :salute2:

:lol:
MMarsh, you're quoting YODA??? Oh snap! Welcome back to reality.

LCPL, good on ya mate.

Allow me to direct you to our "Complaints Department" Representative.

120604newvader492x550-1.jpg

Seriously though, Its a Fictional character, but the message is spot on.

Last edited:
MMarsh, you're quoting YODA??? Oh snap! Welcome back to reality. :)

LCPL, good on ya mate.

:lol:

Allow me to direct you to our "Complaints Department" Representative.

120604newvader492x550-1.jpg

Seriously though, Its a Fictional character, but the message is spot on.

Actually the true great man is the one that found a way not to fight...

I believe that would be paraphrased from a great Japanese admiral

This Greek guy is obviously biased towards the United States, if you go to his youtube profile, guess what his only video is:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I17c-Z7Ysf0

the ever popular video that shows us exactly how 'stupid' we are, doesn't matter that they didn't even ask anybody who actually knows something and didn't drop out at 16.

Guess what he titled it? Yep you guessed it 'rulers of the world'

Everyone wants power, and with power comes jealousy from others.

Lcpl Smith - More strength to your arm. Don't waste your worthy time on this guy.

Here's my two-pennyworth. There is a great deal of this stuff about, a lot of it from countries who have every reason to be grateful to USA. As I remember Americans asking with surprise at the time of Sep 11th - 'why do they hate us'?

I have a question for the world. You think things are bad - where would the world be without America? You want a nightmare? Think Isolationist America. Help - let me in!!

As a smaller issue, please remember that Greece has had a very hard and wide communist support, for a long time, altho I am not up to date with the current trend.

Re Spartans - Kirk Douglas - great. real Spartans?? Well, ask your greek friend what the expression 'to be Spartanised' meant. It was the common reputation based widely accepted catch-phrase of their time.

Re Lcpl Smith ? Keep up the good work son. Forget the know-nothings and don't take any c***.

Most of all - leave it and move on to better things. They wreck your brain if you take it to heart. Stay strong.

COMMAND THE FUTURE, CONQUER THE PAST.

Yes sir, I certainly should walk away, but I want to hear if he has any more words of wisdom. Perhaps I am wrong, and I am a barbarian who is totally blinded by all of the American propoganda! I really want this young man to set me free, and show me where I've gone wrong in my cognitive processes! (The moment he convinces me that I'm wrong...)

Deep down though, I know you are right senojekips! That is the right thing to do.

And worry more about the idiot policies that Bush is carrying out in Iraq which are continuing to kill young Marines on a daily basis.

And worry more about the idiot policies that Bush is carrying out in Iraq which are continuing to kill young Marines on a daily basis.

Yeah, well - this is a very fashionable band-wagon jumping view which I do not swallow whole.

History has not spoken yet. Bush still has the poisoned chalice. He will thank God when it is passed to someone else. Just thank God it isn't to you.

All I know is that guys like Lcp Smith risk their lives daily for the sake of their duty, and deserve our medals and our gratitude.

On the other hand, guys like you give succour to our sworn dedicated enemies.

Yeah, well - this is a very fashionable band-wagon jumping view which I do not swallow whole.

History has not spoken yet. Bush still has the poisoned chalice. He will thank God when it is passed to someone else. Just thank God it isn't to you.

All I know is that guys like Lcp Smith risk their lives daily for the sake of their duty, and deserve our medals and our gratitude.

On the other hand, guys like you give succour to our sworn dedicated enemies.

Hear! hear! It's much easier to make observations of how a war should be fought from a safe distance. When it comes to picking up a weapon and going in harm's way, that's where both heroes and cowards are shaped.

All these men and women warriors from all the allied countries have made me so proud, well it's hard to put into words and impossible for some people to understand.

You know what makes me proud...Good people, bottom line for if it was not for all of us we would be still wondering how to light a fire, make a sentance, and provide...

Then again are we all not to blame for our downsides...would life not be better without knowing how to make fire, making a sentence, and or providing...

Bah why bother we made it all up anyways...Just do your best treat others well and fight for what you believe in...

The good people of the world I salute you all ;)

That includes you Lance Corporal :bravo:

Also, I hear from soldierson the ground in Iraq, latest today, that 'the surge' has made a great improvement in the situation, and that local Iraquis have taken on and defeated the outside insurgent factions. Thank you, all Lcpl Smith's.

Back