If Yasser Arafat dies, then...??

What is going to be truly interesting is watching the response of the People.. Jimmy Carter has said he would like to go to the Funrel if he is realy dead.

Well, if Mr Carter wants to go to pay his last respects to a man who can be compared to Bin-Laden or Nasralla, let him. :?

SHERMAN said:
Well, if Mr Carter wants to go to pay his last respects to a man who can be compared to Bin-Laden or Nasralla, let him. :?

:lol: I can't say for sure whether this is the case or not seeing as I am not inside Carter's head, but I doubt he meant it like that.

Honestly though, I doubt it would be a good idea for any outsiders to attend that funeral, it might not be the safest place for a strange face to show up.

Arafat is getting better now according to what ive read here in newspaers.

Just an hour ago I heard in the radio that he is supposedly in a coma. Rumor even talks about permanent brain damage.

Even though I believe one should never talk badly of the dying, I have hope for a fresh start in diplomacy when he is gone.

As far as the peace process is concerned, I feel that Arafat's death will brighten the chances for peace. The US concluded a while back that Arafat had to go if there was to be peace. He refused to give up all of his power to the Prime Ministers. I know one of the PM's resigned because of Arafat's control over things.

National Public Radio seems to think that there will be a better chance for peace with Arafat gone. Let's hope there can be some good that comes from the death of Arafat. Things are pretty bad in Gaza and the West Bank. New leadership can only go up from the Palestinians current position.

In Swedish papers they says he is brain dead. But on SkyNews, CNN and Fox they are not sure yet. Anyone got better info?

Quote:

Arafat is getting better now according to what ive read here in newspaers.

Just an hour ago I heard in the radio that he is supposedly in a coma. Rumor even talks about permanent brain damage.

Even though I believe one should never talk badly of the dying, I have hope for a fresh start in diplomacy when he is gone.

Sorry, I was sick and I only read the newspapers that were a day old...cause I couldent get downstairs...

Arafat terrorist past.

Arafat terrorist past.

President Bush's recent characterization of Ariel Sharon as a "man of peace" stirred skeptical reporters to bombard officials and members of Congress with questions, asking if they agreed with Bush, leaving the impression that they didn't. At a press conference given by Hasan Abdel Rahman, the Chief Representative of the Palestinian Authority in the U.S. on May 9, a largely sympathetic group of journalists asked questions that evoked condemnation of Israel and Sharon, and none that required a defense of Arafat's record as a terrorist.

These reporters might have taken a different tack had they known more about Yasser Arafat's terrorist past. His record is so shocking and reprehensible that they would have been justified in asking why the United States has any dealings with him at all. Very few people know that thirty years ago Arafat's Al Fatah had a terrorist arm called Black September which was responsible for the massacre of 11 Israeli athletes at the 1972 Munich Olympics, a brutal deed that shocked the world. Still fewer know that in March 1973, Arafat ordered a Black September attack on the Saudi embassy in Sudan, where our Ambassador Cleo Noel, our Deputy Chief of Mission George C. Moore and Belgian diplomat Guy Eid were taken hostage at a reception. They were brutally murdered, said to have been shot in a way that made their deaths especially agonizing.

These murders were front-page news for days, but Arafat's role is little known because it was discovered in super-secret communications intercepts of the National Security Agency (NSA). It was kept secret for years until James J. Welsh, who was the NSA's Palestinian analyst, decided that his obligation to let the truth be known outweighed his pledge to keep his work secret. He revealed that he worked on the intercepts of Arafat ordering the murder. First reported in WorldNetDaily more than a year ago, what he has disclosed has been almost completely ignored by both the media and by the Bush administration. The tapes of Arafat giving the order to carry out the attack and the murders have never surfaced, even during a mid-1980s Justice Department investigation of Arafat's role in the operation.

Welsh said that in 1973, Arafat's number two man had ordered the Black September operation and that NSA learned just the day before it took place that the Saudi embassy in Khartoum was to be taken over during a reception that was being held there. A warning was sent to our embassy via the State Department, but for some reason it was delayed and the takeover of the Saudi Embassy was successful. NSA then picked up two more communications, including one from Arafat confirming the execution order. His calls came from the Shatila refugee camp in Lebanon, which was the site of the PLO headquarters and a known terrorist training facility. The Black September murderers surrendered to Sudanese authorities, but they were later released to the PLO and flown out of the country.

This, if correct, means that for thirty years the U.S. government has known that Yasser Arafat was personally directly responsible for the cowardly murder of our ambassador to Sudan, a senior U.S. diplomat, and a Belgian diplomat. Early efforts to maintain secrecy could be explained by the government's need to protect the sources and methods of acquiring this information, but it is hardly a secret these days that we listen in on the communications of terrorist organizations like the PLO.

What is less understandable is the evidence that the official records in the National Archives have been purged to keep the information about Arafat's despicable deeds from being known by the American people. Russ Braley, a retired foreign correspondent, recently found documentary proof confirming Welsh's account of Arafat's role in the 1973 murders. His search was frustrated by a lack of cooperation from the Archives, where the relevant records had been purged.

He says, "I found only about a dozen telegrams on the Khartoum developments themselves, not the stack of papers I expected for an event of this magnitude." He finally found a CIA report quoted in a telegram from Secretary of State William Rogers to selected embassies that had escaped the purge. It said in part, "No significant distinction now can be made between BSO (Black September) and Fatah...Fatah leader Yasir Arafat has now been described in recent intelligence reports as having given approval to the Khartoum operation prior to its inception." He was a terrorist leader then, and the suicide bombings show that he is one today.

My first thoughts when announced at President Bush's press conference (by a journalist) of Afarat's death: Oh NO!

For our president to receive news in such an unprofessional manner angered me. I would have that journalist barred from any future press conferences! How insensitive... :evil:

Afarat did not bother to groom a successor. I predict unprecedented civil war in palestine and fear for Israel's security.

Afarat is the worst kind of terrorist. Why he is considered a leader is beyond my comprehension. He is NOT a statesman, as many of his people believe. He's a common thief...his people starve and blow themselves up. What has he done for his people?

I truly wonder if he was poisoned by one of his own...unknown ailment? French physicians are top notch. SOMETHING definitive would have been discovered in all the test that have been run on him.

The only spiritual thoughts I feel for Afarat are now that he is near death (or dead) that his essence feed the peace where his mind, body and emotions failed.

For our president to receive news in such an unprofessional manner angered me. I would have that journalist barred from any future press conferences! How insensitive...

Huh? What are you talking about...The reporter assumed that bush was informed(I saw the press confrence.)

Let`s negotiate with terrorists. At the table they should somehow be spoken for . A suicide bomber belives deeply in something and is desperate. Facing overwhelming force with no voice.
A logical United States of Arabia needs to be drawn up and handed the problem.
This would involve giving Elf the oil contracts. That`s right ,France needs to be at the table too.
We need France to fight the war on terror on the North African front.
France today is harboring a terrorist.What`s up with that? Now we need to invade France ,right?

Let`s negotiate with terrorists. At the table they should somehow be spoken for . A suicide bomber belives deeply in something and is desperate. Facing overwhelming force with no voice.
A logical United States of Arabia needs to be drawn up and handed the problem.
This would involve giving Elf the oil contracts. That`s right ,France needs to be at the table too.
We need France to fight the war on terror on the North African front.
France today is harboring a terrorist.What`s up with that? Now we need to invade France ,right?

How is all that relevant to this topic?

Italian Guy nice post, good background. I knew of his connections with Black September but I haven't had a chance to delve into that more deeply. I don't see why anyone should mourn the death of someone so evil.

I find the french connection revelent because arafat has sat in the White House. Now who do we talk to?
Sherman, that was only my 2nd post,I do have a tendancey to be off topic. I`ll be more careful,but come`on. A new government shall fill in Arafats vacancy, shouldent`we want to be a part of it?
The origional post asked, When he dies,then what?

Original Question.... What happens after Arafat dies? Well I guess it saves the Isrealis a bullet. :twisted:

But seriously, I don't think its going to change anything with regards to palestine. After all, the man really had no control over his people. He was just a figurehead. Some other worthless tool will just fill in his spot.

Back