If the WW3 Happens .....

Rabs said:
ok i admit that i am that im not in touch with how a nuclear weapon works but..

I understand that nukes set off a chain reaction within atoms. Knowing this however, how would a nuke work in space because there are no atoms.

i think it was more like a "comparison"... :p and not excatly something that is doable... :)

FutureDevilDog said:
Nope, not exagerating.
Dude, do you even know how freaking big the solar system is? When people say all the nukes in the world could "destroy" earth 30 times over, what they mean is that they can wipe out most of life 30 times over and completely devastate the surface of the planet. They could not actually disintegrate the planet and cause it to break up into small planetoids or asteroids. Now, consider Jupiter, which has a volume over 1000 bigger than earths! Do you think all the nukes in the world could do anything besides cause some unusual weather patterns on Jupiter?
The sun will laugh at your nukes because it shines thanks to nuclear fusion. The core of the sun itself is constantly unleashing the energy of loads of nukes every second.

Rabs said:
ok i admit that i am that im not in touch with how a nuclear weapon works but..

I understand that nukes set off a chain reaction within atoms. Knowing this however, how would a nuke work in space because there are no atoms.

It works because the chain reaction only affects some of the atoms that constitute the nuke.

Last edited:
If WW3 happens than US is gonna be full of mess, there will be killing al around US, as u know almost everyone here is an immigrant. And if the world uses Nukes than mankind will be over.

FutureDevilDog said:
http://www.military-quotes.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16958
But in any event, the world has enough nukes to destroy the solar system, and I have no doubt in my mind they will be used.

I am going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that what you meant is that the world has enough nukes to destroy all life in this solar system, and since the Earth is the only planet in the solar system with life on it you would be correct. Very clever you were to try and trick us.

FutureDevilDog said:
This is what my world history teacher told me, so maybe he is wrong. But yes, you do make sense, Mohmar.

Quite a few teachers of mine taught me stuff which I later found to be bullshit or already knew that it was. It could be that your teacher didn't want to be taken literally and just wanted to emphasize that all nukes going off at once could have very dire consequences :)

FutureDevilDog said:
Right...thats what I meant...:mrgreen:

Hehe, I love it aswell when I say something that turns out to be inaccurate and someone else justifies it for me :D

We would all be dead. One country would launch a nuclear missle cause a chain-reaction of nuclear launches through out the world, killing 60-80% of the world's population. The ones that lived would be exposed to radioactive materials and die very slow and extremely painful deaths. Well that sums it up I guess.

Such a nice thought...
They say thee are enough nukes to blow up the world a few times over, so isn't it probable that everyone would just die immediately from hundreds of nukes? How many countries have nuclear capabilities, that we know of?
Hopeful

FutureDevilDog said:
China is going to rise and be alone I think. They are really into the whole "superior race" idea. I just think that if anything were to happen, china would be the start.

http://www.military-quotes.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16958

But in any event, the world has enough nukes to destroy the solar system, and I have no doubt in my mind they will be used.

You always say we will invade US, the western world, but the fact is that we were always invaded by others in this hundreds of yeards.....
saded
sading

Very, very wrong FDD. China was invaded and ruled by Mongols, Turks, Russians, Japanese, English, Portuguese, German, American and Dutch countries. And these facts are constantly being brought to the fore in Chinese history classes starting in elementary school. There are memorials everywhere with the words in Chinese "Never forget what they did to us". The xenophobia and hatred this causes to simmer just below the surface of the Chinese is a scarey reminder of the forces at play during Europe's last two great wars.

You brought up a good point. In the Middle East its the Crusades that are mentioned as if they were yesterday, creating the same type of mentality. The hatred this creates below the surface is one of the reasons there is always a hate against the West regardless of how nice we are to them. And just like Europes last two great wars...

hopefulfuturemarine said:
Such a nice thought...
They say thee are enough nukes to blow up the world a few times over, so isn't it probable that everyone would just die immediately from hundreds of nukes? How many countries have nuclear capabilities, that we know of?
Hopeful
Currently, 7 nations are confirmed Nuclear Powers and these are:

- USA
- Russia
- China
- UK
- France
- India
- Pakistan
- Israel (posses Nukes, mostly provided by US)

Some other nations possess capability of Nuclear Technology. These are believed to be 16 in total including (North Korea, Brazil and South Africa)

The rest don't have this capability yet.

If some system somehow makes nukes impractical or impossible to deliver against one's enemies, then we're looking at a real possibility of WW3. Until that time, the 7 nuclear nations dare not fight each other. Without those nations, its not much of a "World War".

One curiosity. Did Russia take control of all the nuclear warheads of the former USSR?? I'm surprised if they did. The Ukraine, Belorussia and others would have surely fought to retain possession of some of them, especially those nuclear weapons that were still within their borders when the USSR was dissolved. Same goes for Kazakstan, Uzbekistan, Turkestan, Armenia, Georgia .. etc. Its particularly important to remember that a huge number of nuclear silos and weapons were concentrated in and around Kazakstan. For the time being, most former Soviet states (not counting the Baltic States) cooperate with each other, but that doesn't mean they always will. How sure are we that Russia got every single nuclear weapon?

Rabs, back during Desert Storm they admitted having nukes and threatened to use them on Iraq if the Scud attacks did not cease. It was one of the major coups of Bush Sr's diplomacy getting them to back off and not get involved, to trust the US implicitly with their security because it would have unravelled the coalition with the Arab states were Israel to become involved.

I know Israel had nukes Im just not to sure we gave them to them. I mean Israel is full of brilliant people. (most enginers per capita than anywere in the world) Im sure they could of done it on there own.

Back