If the WW3 Happens .....

I haven't read through this thread, but do any of you honestly think that a world war is really very likely to happen again? I'm not sarcastic, I'm wondering if people still think it's possible. With so many nuclear weapons being held by so many countries, I just don't see how it would do anything except-

A) Boil down into a cold war of huge proportions.

B) End in a mammoth nuclear war, wiping out life on Earth.

Let's face it, two countries who are both nuclear enabled aren't going to be able to stay in a state of total war for long with just conventional warfare methods- nukes are going to be brought into the picture at some point, at which case one of the above options happens. I just don't think it's likely anything like that would happen.

I think improvements in laser and shield (yes, I said shield) technology will make nukes a think of the past. However, if WWIII does come to pass agree that it will pit the US and Europe against a pan-Islamic alliance united under a Caliph or against the PRC. (In the case of the latter I see Taiwan or North Korea as possible boiling points.) Russia and India could go either way, I don't think India could pass up the opportunity to strike at a weakened Pakistan and Russia would probably hit China if they weakened their garrisons to fight against America, India, Europe, whomever. Either way the United Nations will have almost no affect on the war, if it is even still around at the end of said war.

Africa and South America, well for some reason I doubt they will have much of a impact on any future war, of course tht is assuming that nothing changes between now and then. Which in all honesty I don't think is assuming too much.

Are you kidding me?

Are you kidding me?:sorry:

The United States alone has enough nuclear weapons that we could destroy the Earth 10 times over (even after destroying part of our stockpile). We still operate under the Mutually Assured Destruction Doctrine (MADD). What that means for the rest of the world is that if just one very small nuclear weapon is launched and detonates on US soil, the complete arsenal of our stockpile will be flushed so quickly you won't be able to take a second breath.

If you are lucky enough to escape the initial kill (estimated at %80-%90 of the world's population after all of the other countries that have nuke weapons also respond), the next battle you will have, is to escape the radioactive ash that will spread over the entire world and begin to rain down everywhere (including the North & South pole regions). Those that live through this phase (estimated at less than 3%-5% of the remaining world's population), will then have to scramble for food and drinkable water - fight a rapidly deteriorating weather pattern (nuclear winter) - hope no biologicals were used (possible bubonic plague, etc) - fight off the wild dog packs that will by then be roaming free and attacking everything in sight - protect yourself from humans that go ferral (wild) and pray for death to take them away from the continuing horror.

:sorry: Not a pretty picture is it?

Wheezcellbert isn't far off the mark - short of living off supplies that are presently stockpiled, what is left of the human race will be forced back to the stone age as the infrastructure breaks down and manmade structures erode. Rock axes, bows and arrows and stone knives will be the fall back weapons used for survival when there are no longer any supplies to scrounge. Animal skins/pelts will be considered outré for the well dressed homo-sap. Life won't be pretty.

The question then becomes - were the survivors really lucky or were they cursed?

In a worst case scenario, man will become extinct and the lowly cockroach will most likely inherit the earth. They are resistant to radiation in the nuclear spectrum and seem to thrive when exposed.

NOTE: Figures came from a declassified document that was published in the late 80's - don't remember the source (was on a microfiche in a college library) - used it for a government class thesis (WWIII - Will we survive it?).

World War III? Like in World War I and II? No, there won't be any such wars again. IMO we will face isolated conflicts that may pose a threat to a region with the potensiality to grow into a conflict; where one or more countries will intervene to prevent war.

We will probably see more operations like Afghanistan and border skirmishes like the one in Kashmir, but also larger conflicts where resources such as water and oil are key issues (middel east, China vs USA on oil issues and so on.)

As well, refugees from natural disasters and floodings might get another important issue to solve...

Morten said:
and lmao... why do u say that the USA will fight alone? if a ww3 broke out i'm pretty sure that most european countries would take up the responsibility and fight with the USA... :visor: these threads are making me sick... remember not to use ur imagination too much...

Morten, what are you on about "dont use your imagination too much"?
The question asked was..
Guys I want ur oppinions about this subject...
If the World War 3 happens what would be alliances???
Who will fight or who wont

its a question asking us to use our imagination and put down what we THINK might happen. Muppet

IMO War will break out sometime next week at about 1400 on a tuesday, there will be CHAOS and partys in the streets some people doing and causing both at the same time (me:m16: )

Those people left not doing the above will resort to those classic age old institutions of panic and dispair. Governments generally fall into this second category along with pensioners and postpeople.

This will start in the UK with a couple of well placed petrol bombs if I still have money to buy petrol next week(because its not cheap over here). In the event of lack of money will syphon car fuel tanks.

Once rioting has ensued will sit back with a few beers, a few friends and watch events unfold. Sooner or later someone with access to nuclear weapons and by someone I do mean Mr. Bush (jnr and snr) will get nervous and press a couple of buttons, entering codes before hitting the big red one (that says danger).

Then to put it bluntly we, all of us, every last person on earth is bu**ered!!!!:crybaby:

I can feeling that Christians and Islams could be fight for many years in some day.

lol I think that's a pretty damn big thing to be blowin up now...

"I know not with what weapons WW3 will be
fought,but WW4 will be fought with sticks and stones"- Albert Einstein

WW 3 is gonna ****...
Hopeful

If it ever happens, ill be safe in my underground bunker full of supplies and rations to hold up to 20 peeps for 13 yrs and 29 days and still working on it. There will be connection to the outside worl , and secret mazes. Bathrooms and ventelations. Entertainment and relaxation. I think am gonna be fine 8)

Solar system
It is arms that concentrate the sunray by setting up a super-light mirror on the satellite orbit and attack city.

If it ever happens, ill be safe in my underground bunker full of supplies and rations to hold up to 20 peeps for 13 yrs and 29 days and still working on it. There will be connection to the outside worl , and secret mazes. Bathrooms and ventelations. Entertainment and relaxation. I think am gonna be fine :cool:
Are you serious?

29 people for 13 years, thats literally like a wharehouse full of food.

Rabs said:
Are you serious?

29 people for 13 years, thats literally like a wharehouse full of food.
logic seems to answer ur question :p

lol... no one without mental problems would create such a bunker :p lmao...

Well, it's always good to be prepared...
but damn Macbeth...
That's a lot of food! There are children starving that could use that!:spam:
I'm just kidding...
But I hope you never need to use an of it.
But if you do...
Can I stay with you? I don't have an underground bunker...:crybaby:
J/k but seriously...
Hopeful

ok i admit that i am that im not in touch with how a nuclear weapon works but..

I understand that nukes set off a chain reaction within atoms. Knowing this however, how would a nuke work in space because there are no atoms.

Back