If you were Mars, the God of War...

--

June 25th, 2004  
Mark Conley

Topic: If you were Mars, the God of War...

If, for one day, you could be Mars, the God of War..with absolute power over all wars, all battles, all conflicts..Past Present, and Future..and it was within your power to change one outcome of a battle..anytime...anywhere

What would it be?

Would you allow Hannibal to win? How about Picketts Charge Busting the Line at Gettysburg, and over running Meades headquarters? Well stretch your imagination, and if you were Mars...what battle would you change?

If I was Mars...I would make the Commander at Pearl Harbor aware of the radar identification of the attacking Japanese force ...allowing him to be ready for them. Ships leaving the harbor, to get the Japanese fleet. Antiaircraft Guns manned and ready. And all my planes would be up in the air...waiting.

Have Fun!
June 26th, 2004  

I probably wouldn't change anything in the past, especially in WWII. I knowthat sounds harsh, but I mean we know that even though a lot of bad things happened during that period, the outcome was reasonebly well considering the alternitives. If you change that "detail" of that war, you could change the outcome of that war... for better or for worse.
June 26th, 2004  
IrishWizard

I would change the outcome of the battle of Gettysburg... But thats just me being my Southern self . That one or Waterloo, always respected Napoleon as a leader and he had a bad day which cost him everything
--
June 26th, 2004  
Uncle_Sam

KILL OSAMA!
June 26th, 2004  

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishWizard
I would change the outcome of the battle of Gettysburg... But thats just me being my Southern self . That one or Waterloo, always respected Napoleon as a leader and he had a bad day which cost him everything
Don't change Waterloo, then I'd have to speak French! It's a beautiful language, but I'm just not very good at it.....
June 26th, 2004  
Marksman

Stoped 9/11 and a whole big bunch of terrorist attacks
June 26th, 2004  
mvilla2426

Man oh man.......

Honestly I wouldn't change anything........ Any change of any of those wars would have such a great impact on everything, ya know?

This makes me think about how my own life would be if certain war were different or never happened...... Hmmmm...... I wouldn't have been born, for one, considering my Mom and Dad met in Late 71 while my Dad was on Leave from Vietnam for 30 days.
June 26th, 2004  
Spartan

I would change the outcome of the of the siege of Fort Sumter, possibly stalling or ending the rebellion. (IrishWizard-But thats just me being a northerner )

I would also have Osama Bin Laden killed in Afghanistan when the Soviets invaded
June 26th, 2004  
silent driller

Napolean would win the Battle for Waterloo. And we would have been ready for Pearl Harbor.
June 28th, 2004  
Grimnar

Think I would change the WW1 tactics. I think too many good men needlessly lost their life in that strange war.