If Taiwan uses force to separate.... - Page 5

--
Boots

December 13th, 2004  
MadeInChina

like india, in which its units simply disintegrated.

most peole think chinese are small, malnourished, not as strong and arent tough, they are so wrong and they are underesimatign chinese troops.
December 13th, 2004  
PLAbuddy

chinese are not small...
Yao Ming is the tallest in NBA...lol
December 13th, 2004  
MadeInChina

exactly my point, im saying that most westerns stereotypically think chinese are small because the rest of the asians are pretty small.
--
Boots
December 13th, 2004  
Zyca

Underestimating anyone or anything will get you in trouble. Always plan for the worst, and hope for the best.

For the topic, how does Taiwan use forces to separate? Do you mean a strike on the mainland prior to declaring TI?

Quote:
Originally Posted by antimili
i think without missile pointing at them, they would be more provocative. the problem is not with china's side. it's because of the chen sui bian who take advantage of his position to show it's younger generation the false image of china mainland through the media and changing its text book. if any of you know what the news of taiwan was like.
Interesting point antimili about the media and changes in the textbooks. I must question the validity of those statements though. Show me a link from the Taiwanese media that portrayed China with false images that are far away from the facts. And compare the new and the old textbooks please and point out how the young generation are being lied to. I know what the Taiwan news are like, but I don't see how they falsely portrayed China. I mean, I lived in the US, so I get news here too. I haven't found big discrepancy in terms of facts presented by Taiwan's media or US' media or even China's media. I'll agree that all the media lack some professionalism in terms of being incomplete or not being neutral, but false image? The world is small enough today and people in Taiwan are allowed to travel outside the country even to China, so I think it's very difficult for the media to present false images.

As to where the problem is at... let's try to agree on the fact that each side has its position, and they unfortunately are not the same.
December 13th, 2004  
Kane

Another Taiwan Discussion? When will it end?

I have been following the situation in the Taiwan Straight, and there have been intense party campaigning going on there.
December 13th, 2004  
Zyca

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane
Another Taiwan Discussion? When will it end?

I have been following the situation in the Taiwan Straight, and there have been intense party campaigning going on there. From what I see, things have to be more under control, less extremist, and more modest. I don't want to see another riot like the public's reaction to CSB's inuguaration.
As I mentioned in another post, the legislater election in Taiwan is over and the dust should settle now. Blue party won convincingly and that will please PRC and the US alike. I always thought the presidential election should be held together with the legislater elections, every election divides the country and creates some problems that take a long time to fix.
December 13th, 2004  
FlyingFrog

Just heard on TV, while other Asian countries are focusing on Economy, Taiwan keeps itself busy fighting the politics. Good blue win, PRC got more time to prepare for the final showdown, just in case
December 14th, 2004  
MadeInChina

gotta love the nationstlics, they are just a nip of the mainland spirit 8)
December 14th, 2004  
Zyca

I must agree here, Taiwanese spend way toooooo much energy focused on the politics. Like I said, the presidential election and the legislater election should be held at the same time. Everytime there's an election people get divided, nothing gets done. The system needs to get some updates.
December 15th, 2004  
MadeInChina

what this system is is inefficient