If Taiwan uses force to separate.... - Page 4

--
Boots

December 11th, 2004  
godofthunder9010

The only way that anybody comes to Taiwan's rescue is if other countries (the Phillipines and Japan) feel that Taiwan is pretty well guaranteed to be just a stepping stone toward China invading them. That or if China uses Nukes. If the PRC did a humane takeover (whatever that is), and managed to create every reassurance that other nations aren't going to be the next attacked ... Most likely, nobody would intervene at all.

If Taiwan actually attacked Mainland China??, the rest of the world would (for the most part) feel that they deserve whatever the got from it -- a sound beating by the People's Republic of China. Sorry, Taiwan invading the mainland ... too stupid to contemplate.
December 11th, 2004  
Romero

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingFrog
lol that depends how PRC acts when PRC starts the sudden offensive.

Just imagine 2 points:
1. if "nukkie" is used in the first attack, anyone would ruch to help?
2. if taiwan is occupied within days, is there time to help?

Please Don't argue about the "possibilties" of above 2 points, please otherwise endless thread
Vey well, I won't argue. Just for you flyingfrog

1.If nukes are used, Taiwan are on their own.

2. I don't think that will happen .Taiwan has built up a formidable military force over the years. They have spent shed load on weapns anyway. Even if T is overrun, I think it's allies would attempt a rescue (if strong enough).

godofthunder... I think your post is quite logical.
December 11th, 2004  
MadeInChina

formidable in air defence yes, some aircrafts, yes

Professional elite army?? a bit

the taiwanese all are drafted for the army, thats why they have a pretty big force, hwoever, only their officers are proffessionals, and taiwan does not have a big professional army to defend themselves
--
Boots
December 13th, 2004  
PLAbuddy

let's celebrate,
the BLue coliation in Taiwan parliment just won the election, they got over 50% of seats, '
that means Taiwan will not buy weapons from U.S in next 4 years,
that also means Taiwan will not be able to change consitution until 2008..

there will be no war for 90% sure until next parilment election
December 13th, 2004  
MadeInChina

sweet, chen shui bien deserve a kick in the crotch for all his TI.

disgrace, he has the same last name as i have.

um... taiwan attacking china would be like pike-armed infantry aginist tanks...

btw, nationlist bombers continued to attack teh mainland, such as shanghai and guandong... but... was owned by AA guns( thanks to the united states for giving away all those 90mm aa guns to the nationlisistic troops, which was captured byccp
December 13th, 2004  
PLAbuddy

totally agree..

wut i am worried about is not the crappy taiwan military, but U.S military

if U.S helps taiwan now..China probably will lose,
if U.S hleps Taiwan 20 years later, China may win
December 13th, 2004  
MadeInChina

dont worry, china's got some new toys hidden in military bases somewhere, china's more advanced than some people think.

anyways, this new desroyer chinas making has soviet anti-ship missiles that would own carrier groups. and we all know how precious carrier group0s are to the us navy
December 13th, 2004  
PLAbuddy

true, especailly when 094 nuke subs are deployed now. and new sub nuke missles, China will still have a strong counter-offensive ability after a wave of U.S nuke strike
December 13th, 2004  
MadeInChina

sigh, however said most people on this forum underestimate china, maybe its a good thing...

surprise element<><><
December 13th, 2004  
PLAbuddy

those who underestimates china in the past paid prices

like MacArthur, got his ass kicked at first by chinese ambush in North Korea..

lke those huns 2000 years ago..think they are cool with horses..but got wipped out and kicked to Europe