if...?

--

September 8th, 2004  
serbianpower

Topic: if...?

if the turks were not defeated under the walls of wiena how would europe look like?
September 8th, 2004  
godofthunder9010

More turbans, less crosses.
September 8th, 2004  
GuyontheRight

Same could be said for a lot of battles, not the least of which was Tours...
--
September 9th, 2004  
panzer

yeah for the hapsburgs empire for stopping the turks in vienna.
September 10th, 2004  
serbianpower

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyontheRight
agree, but this was more than battle, it was conflict of civilizations, in the heart of europe. europe was lucky, if that battle happened 100 years earlyer I am not sure what would happened, u would be called hassan.
September 10th, 2004  
gladius

Quote:
Originally Posted by serbianpower
u would be called hassan.
LOL!

Also we would never have had any of that great German beer, ...makes me sad just thinking it . *sniff, sniff*, lol.
September 10th, 2004  
Bootboy82

Quote:
Quote:
agree, but this was more than battle, it was conflict of civilizations, in the heart of europe. europe was lucky, if that battle happened 100 years earlyer I am not sure what would happened, u would be called hassan.

Where I live and go to school, everbody but me is called Hassan, Mustafa, or something like that. I don't think it makes difference
September 15th, 2004  
serbianpower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bootboy82
Quote:
Quote:

Where I live and go to school, everbody but me is called Hassan, Mustafa, or something like that. I don't think it makes difference
I am just sayin` that things would look different. btw i have friends called samir ad halil and it really does not make any difference. but I must remind u that balkan peninsula was not europes rectum before turks came. balkan countries were well developed. after turkish invasion balkan was in dead end for ages. all of the results of renesance, and other cultural `reforms`and progres that folowed after the 15th century left very little traces there. that is why balkan is barell full with tnt even now. now, imagine central and western europe after few hundered years of turkish regime. I have nothing against anybody, do not get me wrong please. I am just saying that it is beter it happened the way it did, back then in 1683.
September 16th, 2004  
Marksman

nahh they couldnt repell Hajduk's
September 16th, 2004  
serbianpower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marksman
nahh they couldnt repell Hajduk's
damn right.