if...?

Alot of turks hate being called Arabic and will scold you for doing so, the term Arabic means descending for the Arabian peninsula. Somthing the Turks didn't do.

Interestingly enough, Egyptians are almost entirely of non-Arabic descent, yet they are not bother by being referred to as Arabs (generally).

actually the native egyptian population (the pyramid builders and all) were displaced around the 7th century by arab invaders and now most egyptians are very much genetically and culturally arab. in fact in the 50-70s egypt was very serious about promoting its image as leader of the arab world, then of course iraq took the limelight afterwards. but point made.

victortsoi said:
actually the native egyptian population (the pyramid builders and all) were displaced around the 7th century by arab invaders and now most egyptians are very much genetically and culturally arab. in fact in the 50-70s egypt was very serious about promoting its image as leader of the arab world, then of course iraq took the limelight afterwards. but point made.
I do wonder what the percentages are. Certainly the Arabic culture took over, but this didn't cause all the older Egyptian ethnic group to entirely disappear. I often wonder how much displacement/replacement by ethnic Arabs truly occurred and how much was just a mixing in of Arabic blood. After all, there weren't that many pure Arabs to begin with.

On the other hand, Palestinians are almost entirely Arabic, yet claim to be 'Palestinian' anyway. Tends to be interesting.

back to the subject- as I said Turks originaly came from central Asia in early middle age to Caucasus mountain earea. they were closer to mongols and other central Asian nations. during their history they were mixed with other nations and became modern Turks. among the other influences was arab influence, but they are totaly different ethnical groups.

Given what we know about what happened afterwards (Where most of the army got cut to ribbons as it withdrew back to the balkans).. I dont really think taking the city was of hugely effected this.

Thus, they would have just lost the city a year later and the borders would return to what they would have been in our timeline.

really ok

I think you want a clearer preception on the turks ask a greek lol.................two countries don't really like each other I can tell you lol

Back