If Kerry wins the election...

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Doctor

If John Kerry gets the keys to the White House what changes would anyone expect to see, whether it's to do with the military as a whole, the War on Terror, or just with regards to Iraq?
Does anyone agree that real experience in the military could mean he is better equipped to make decisions regarding Iraq, terrorism and the way the US military works?

I THINK A MAJOR FACTOR WOULD BE THAT KERRY TAKES OUR TROOPS OUT OF IRAQ. THIS WOULD BE DISASTROUS FOR THE PPL IN IRAQ BECAUSE OF THE SWARM OF EVIL PEOPLE SEEKING POWER WITHOUT ANY RESISTANCE. THAT ACT OF 9/11 MAY HAVE SPURRED THE WAR BUT THE REASONS FOR THE CURRENT BATTLES HAVE CHANGED OVER TIME. THE US FIGHTS FOR THOSE THAT CAN'T FIGHT FOR THEMSELVES. WE SHOULD KEEP IT THIS WAY.

But hasn't Kerry already said that he would only withdraw the US forces 'once the job was done'? He knows as well as anyone the damage that would do not only to the Iraqi people, but to the US both politically and in terms of your future security.

The Doctor said:
But hasn't Kerry already said that he would only withdraw the US forces 'once the job was done'? He knows as well as anyone the damage that would do not only to the Iraqi people, but to the US both politically and in terms of your future security.

All kind of depends on your concept of what getting the job "done" is. I do not believe he has the gumption to stick it out until the country is truly stabilized (if it all went south, hey, it was Bush's fault, right? doomed from the start. :roll: :lol: ).
I also do not believe that four months downrange as a junior officer gives Kerry any special knowledge on how to run a war or any large scale military operation whatsoever.

I DO NOT THINK THAT KERRY HAS ENOUGH INTESTINAL FORTITUDE TO STICK IT OUT. PERSONALLY I SEE MY VOTE BEING DECIDED ON THE STANCE OF THE WAR. AND FOR THAT REASON I SAY LEAVE IN BUSH. HE HAS A PLAN AND AN END RESULT HE WANTS TO SEE IT THROUGH LET HIM. I WON'T VOTE FOR KERRY SIMPLY BECAUSE HE WOULD HAVE THE COP OUT AS AN OPTION. I SUPPORT THE WAR IN ITS ENTIRETY BUT I JUST WANT IT TO BE SEEN THROUGH NOT ABANDONED BECAUSE IT IS HARD. I AM NOT SAYING THAT KERRY WOULD DO THIS I AM SIMPLY SAYING THAT I KNOW BUSH WILL NOT!

ALSO IF THE WAR IS ENDED WITHOUT THE "GOODGUYS" (ALL THE COUNTRIES FIGHTING TERROR) MAKING A DENT IN TERROR IN ALL THE WORLD THE TERRORISTS MAY GET THE IDEA THAT THEY WON FREEDOM TO DO AS THEY PLEASE... ULTIMATELY RESULTING TO HELL ALL OVER THE WORLD.

SORRY I GOT A LI'L OFF TOPIC! :oops:

If Kerry is elected huh? Well, that would mean the U.S. will go to hell in a hand basket. He will withdraw troops to early and leave Iraq in a world of confusion and give room for another dictator to step in. Also, if his acts in the military give him any ground to run the military, we will definitely be in trouble, our military will run instead of fight.

I'm not sure what Kerry would do with Iraq. ... I don't think his first order of business would be to yank them out, but I feel he would rush it.

I also think he would be ambivalent to put boots on the ground, not wanting to follow in his predecessor's "mistake" (as according to him)

implicature, is your caps lock key broken? It's kind of hard to read when it looks like you're yelling the entire time.

I don't think Kerry is goign to withdraw immediately, Iraq would pretty much resume itself as it was before and the US would look even worse than before.

If Kerry were elected...man thats scary huh? lol

If Lurch was elected, I doubt he would immediately pull troops from Iraq but quality of life for troops would go down. As far as "when the job is done", If you heard Kerry this week, it'll be changed next week. I heard Kerry talking today about the tons of weapons which were found missing in Iraq. He talked about how the lives of Iraqis and Coalition troops would be in danger...this coming from the guy who said no to them getting body armor in the first place correct?

I too believe the whole nature of the war in Iraq has changed. I believe in it because I know any alternative is way worse and if this can succeed, millions of lives will be vastly improved because of it.
The price of failure will be devistating for everyone. Except for that one clan that wins.

the_13th_redneck said:
I too believe the whole nature of the war in Iraq has changed. I believe in it because I know any alternative is way worse and if this can succeed, millions of lives will be vastly improved because of it.
The price of failure will be devistating for everyone. Except for that one clan that wins.

Not to mention the whole, you know, crazy jihad land we would create by leaving.

How old is Kerry?
I know his wife is 66, I bet Kerry is around 66 too.

It is too old to be president actually.

G.Bush is around 60 right?

Edit:
OK, I know:
John Kerry is only 59 years old.

No such thing as “too old” when it comes to the presidency. With age comes more wisdom, whereas a younger leader is usually concerned with making a name for himself.

I think that Kerry will try to rush things, he will have too much pressure on him to do so.

The world at large, especially Europe, seem to think that John Kerry or any other Democrat being elected President will make any and all their problems with the United States go away. Regardless of what the truth is, the International Community heavily favors Democrats for some reason.

One example that I find somewhat amusing: I ran across this India forum. They were discussing the two candidates and everyone was saying that Kerry would help protect the outsourcing of jobs to India. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that the opposite of true?

Outsourcing's going to happen regardless of who is president.
It's not happening because the president is evil or anything, it's the economic demand.

the_13th_redneck said:
Outsourcing's going to happen regardless of who is president.
It's not happening because the president is evil or anything, it's the economic demand.
The point is that Kerry has been very critical of outsourcing and even goes so far as to blame Bush for losing jobs for Americans. So the India forum in question was being pro-Kerry for no REAL reason.

especially Europe, seem to think that John Kerry or any other Democrat being elected President will make any and all their problems with the United States go away
haha ! yeah,well not us,cuz if he grabs the tha white house,there goes Kosovo,and that aint good

Goo Bush!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back