If Kerry gets in - what difference will it make? - Page 2




 
--
 
November 2nd, 2004  
Doc.S
 
I would start with making more European people see the true face of the terrorists, if Europe had lesser young and old people supporting the terrorists over here I think both Kerry and Bush would have it alot easier to deal with these terrorists in generall all over the world. Over here US are the bad cops regardless of who is in charge, Because the left party rules the people.

I say that Europe is lame its no question about it. It is our gov,s and the media toghter with people who are missinformed and it is sickened over here by a plague called public ignorance this have rised from socialists movements that are the house-trained version of our leftwing/leftparty, the same thing that Kerry represents in my opinion. But over here I am a minority and probably labelled as a right wing loony because I dont agree with the political correct agenda of EU. That makes me wrong and a bad person over here. The public oppinion needs useful idiots not people that question the political agendas in the EU.

So I must agree with former writer gladius The world has gone soft. With more voters that support the war on terrorism more weak gov over here would take the step out and begin to support the war on terrorism. But you dont hear the silent majority over here calling for a war against terrorism because they are house-trained by their unions and by the gov not to stick one's head out because then you are in trubble.

So the only voices you hear is the leftwings anti-war demonstrations, and there is no pity for a killed women or child, that has died because a terrorist blowed himselfe up. But if an american fighter drops a bomb over a terrorist cell who uses his famaly as a living shield and they get killed OooooH! That so terrible!!!! "Why doesnt the silent majority say anything -part II"because they are infested with this public ignorance and the political correct media picture of dying civilian crowds.

So I dont think it would matter to much if Kerry wins. US would only be turned into another Sweden, Germany, or France and everyone will be peachy about it and green untill the next building is attacked by terrorist cells. Then the police will arrest the guilty ones but the gov will see to it that the terrorist cells that have not killed anyone yet in sweden can continue to collect money for the Palestinian Hamas and more civilians will die in the middle east. Wellcome to Europe, the land of the free terrorist cells, the new Europe land of Mahdi.

When people understand that terrorists dont bargain or make diplomatic solutions then more people will understand what is going on in this world. But not untill then. I think Kerry would be a great leader if there was no terrorist war to be honest. But now I think the world needs a man like Bush, this world doesnt need another sweden.


Cheers:
Doc.S

November 2nd, 2004  
gladius
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bratwurst
Actually I did sit down with a Muslim student, a supporter of islamist terror and had long and heated discussions with him. Yes, you can sit down and talk with them. It doesn't lead to anything productive though (other than to know what you're up against). We agree on that.
You actually sat down with someone who totaly hates the West and will stop at nothing to destroy it, and you still see things the way you, I agree with some of the things you said, but what will it take another 9/11 or Beslan, or worse, before you realize this is really a war of civilizations.

That guy who sat across from you is long waiting for the day that he and his comrades would utterly crush Western Civilization and all it stands for that includes; belief in human rights, the promise of peace, freedom through justice - just to name a few of those things, and other things we hold so dear.

When he sees Westerners dying by the bushel full he will be more than happy and he will yell "Allah Achbar!" "Allah Achbar!" "Allah Achbar!"
November 2nd, 2004  
Courtenay
 
To be honest, I don't see that much difference between the candidates in many issues. And they have skirted alot of issues such as immigration which are much more important to me than some of the things that their entire battle with each other has been focused on. So many wheels are in motion that Kerry cannot just suddenly put a stop to where military actions are concerned, so those who are thinking that Kerry will suddenly bring our military home and all will be well, are going to find themselves quite disappointed. We are looking at a long scary haul no matter who sits in the oval office.

My issues with Kerry are about character and his lack of. I cannot fathom that a man such as he has shown himself to be could be looking at the opportunity to represent this country as our president. But, after Clinton I guess anything becomes possible. Things like integrity, morality, accountability matter to me.
--
November 2nd, 2004  
Dele
 
Kerry can actually speak well without making up words like Iraqistan.
He has been in a war so he knows not to sen unwilling citizens to fight a totally unneccesary war. He would be a great president and would help the American economy back on its feet and let the world respect the USA again.
November 2nd, 2004  
Courtenay
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by gladius
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bratwurst
Actually I did sit down with a Muslim student, a supporter of islamist terror and had long and heated discussions with him. Yes, you can sit down and talk with them. It doesn't lead to anything productive though (other than to know what you're up against). We agree on that.
You actually sat down with someone who totaly hates the West and will stop at nothing to destroy it, and you still see things the way you, I agree with some of the things you said, but what will it take another 9/11 or Beslan, or worse, before you realize this is really a war of civilizations.

That guy who sat across from you is long waiting for the day that he and his comrades would utterly crush Western Civilization and all it stands for that includes; belief in human rights, the promise of peace, freedom through justice - just to name a few of those things, and other things we hold so dear.

When he sees Westerners dying by the bushel full he will be more than happy and he will yell "Allah Achbar!" "Allah Achbar!" "Allah Achbar!"
Very true. Very good post!
November 2nd, 2004  
Bratwurst
 
Quote:
You actually sat down with someone who totaly hates the West and will stop at nothing to destroy it, and you still see things the way you, I agree with some of the things you said, but what will it take another 9/11 or Beslan, or worse, before you realize this is really a war of civilizations.
Yes I still see things the way I do and although given the right arguments I would modify my perspective, but you do not have any to offer.

First off, Al Qaida may be a well organized terror cell, but this doesn't qualify them as a civilization. The Muslim world (I can only guess that you are referring to it and falsely defining it as a civilization) is in its majority peaceful.

Second, you must differentiate. The terrorism in Beslan had a strictly national character. The Russian/Chechnian conflict was the source of it. The terrorist targeted innocent to make a political statement and by doing that used similar methods like Al Qaida, but its motivation was not hatred of Western civilization. It was a crime, yes, but it was a similar crime for different reasons.

The world is not that simple.
November 2nd, 2004  
Doppleganger
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by gladius
You actually sat down with someone who totaly hates the West and will stop at nothing to destroy it, and you still see things the way you, I agree with some of the things you said, but what will it take another 9/11 or Beslan, or worse, before you realize this is really a war of civilizations.

That guy who sat across from you is long waiting for the day that he and his comrades would utterly crush Western Civilization and all it stands for that includes; belief in human rights, the promise of peace, freedom through justice - just to name a few of those things, and other things we hold so dear.

When he sees Westerners dying by the bushel full he will be more than happy and he will yell "Allah Achbar!" "Allah Achbar!" "Allah Achbar!"
I don't believe it's a war of civilisation at all. It's actually more a war of economy and politics. Just say for example that Israel did not exist and that the wealth in the Middle East was more evenly spread. Do you think the main terrorist organisations, Al-Qaeda, Hezbollah, Islamic Jihad, would have nearly the support and motivation that they do?
November 2nd, 2004  
Redneck
 
 
Get back on topic immediately.
November 2nd, 2004  
egoz
 
I don't think the problem is just the presidency. The entire legislature needs to be voted out and new officials should be elected. Thomas Jefferson would be sh****** in his grave if he knew politics today were staying in office for more than 10 years. He was a strong believer in, "power corrupts those who hold it."
November 2nd, 2004  
gladius
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bratwurst
First off, Al Qaida may be a well organized terror cell, but this doesn't qualify them as a civilization. The Muslim world (I can only guess that you are referring to it and falsely defining it as a civilization) is in its majority peaceful.
But that guy you were talking to where did he live? Did He live where you live?

It doesn't matter, he is longing for the day when he can force you to convert or cut your head off. There are millions if not hundreds of millions waiting for the same chance. And these people hold somekind of jihadist arua over an entire civilization.

The majority of Muslims are peaceful, yes this is true. But they are still simphatetic to the terrorist. The sway of the majority of their entire civilization is leaning towards that way.

Like you said talking with that guy did nothing productive. All your logical reasoning will not change his mind you know.

Quote:
Second, you must differentiate. The terrorism in Beslan had a strictly national character. The Russian/Chechnian conflict was the source of it. The terrorist targeted innocent to make a political statement and by doing that used similar methods like Al Qaida, but its motivation was not hatred of Western civilization. It was a crime, yes, but it was a similar crime for different reasons.

The world is not that simple.
To them... it is that simple.

You are either Muslim or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppleganger
I don't believe it's a war of civilisation at all. It's actually more a war of economy and politics. Just say for example that Israel did not exist and that the wealth in the Middle East was more evenly spread. Do you think the main terrorist organisations, Al-Qaeda, Hezbollah, Islamic Jihad, would have nearly the support and motivation that they do?
The support maybe not as broad.

But the motivation, yes, always.

Israel is just a big excuse for them to hate us, without it they will find something else to hate us for.

Israel by the way is our only real true ally in the Middle East, there will be no threat coming from Israel to either the US or Europe.

One of the problems I have with Kerry is he would rather cater more to those people who would like to see Israel destroyed for the sake of world image and popularity, rather than make a stand with conviction.