IF EU collapses what would happen?

Doc.S

Hello guys and girls :D

Political and Military question two in one and I would like you guys/girls to help me out in these questions. This is something of a siames twin question because one would effect the other thats for sure. I have not found anything clear on the net on this subject, so I turn myself to the public experts out here on IMF.

A great source of inspiration in this EU breakdown question is the failure to convince the EU`s public to accept the new constitution. Another is France and Great Britain clash of Interest that can dig deep cracks in the cooperation between the EU friendly France public vs Great Britains not that EU friendly position among the public. Look at this from the citizens point of views. The politicians points of view is far from the public views.

Instability of the democratic bridgehead that stretches through France-Germany-Poland-Ukraine. The democratic bridgehead is talked about in geostrategic terms. Today we see the effects of bringing democracy deeper in to the east. WHAT IF this fails >>> Former soviet republics is on the brink to fall appart. June 2005 Civil war threaten to break out all over the former soviet union but no one seems to care. The Russian bear roars warnings towards west that seems to have a finger in this "orange uprising" that spreads from country to country like a domino effect. Russia still has a voice, but the west seems to ignore Russia when it roars out warnings when it comes to rebellious uprisings in these regions that most people wouldn`t find on a map to begin with. WHAT IF the orange uprising turns red?

Uzbekistan, Kyrgystan, Tajikistan,Turkmenistan is potential powder keg areas that can threat the world peace if someone have missed it. A early warning sign came from Moscow two days ago and I think that the public all over the west don´t get the width of these potential threats. What would happend if Russia would do more then roar? What can/would EU do when they can´t even solve the different neighbouring country's finances without going out in a silent cold war between each other? Is this the End for the EU cooperativeness? What would happen if the democratic bridgehead falls appart?. Civil uprising in Uzbekistan, Kyrgystan, spreads to neighbouring country's such as Tajikistan, Turkmenistan and it get`s bloody. A new Chechnya-Grozny?

IF Russia does more then roar and send paratroopers to incircle troubled areas in support for the country´s governments military/police forces, trying to restore law and order, what can the U.S do now when their military forces are as strained as they are today? The silent Islamist jihad that threatens modern western experimental work to bring democratic reforms into the background. What can EU do to protect and restore anything of this today when it looks as it does? What would happen if EU collapses and Russia feels forced to answer with military force to protect what they can in terms of geostrategic demands?

Thanx for your replys and thoughts:
Doc.S

:viking:

Well the United States still has some special forces and some infantry it could send to a hotspot but any major involvment, especially with the North Korean problem would have to be thought and considerd very carefully cause we would basically have nothing left in reserve. Saying this though the Russians attempt to restore peace and order would be welcomed by the west as long as after peace and orderd has been restored they didnt hang around. A Syria-Lebanon type deal.

Appolgies for spelling

I think that if a situation such as you suggest were to arise in central asia then the EU would act together as the current tensions to do with the EU budget and the UK rebate etc. arent serious enough to pull the whole EU apart. The orange uprising as seen in Ukraine is to do with these countries moving away from Russian influence, and seeing russia involved could turn it into another chechnya as the troops put pro-russian politicians in while the people want pro-western.

If the European Union collaspses then all the work and effort of constructing a unified currency system and creating one of the world's largest global trade barrier regulating quotas on Imports and Exports would surely spell out disaster for the Entire Continent of Europe. Nations using the Euros as a primary monetary unit would surely find this a nightmare.

Back