If this doesn't scare you, nothing will - Page 2

--
Boots

April 13th, 2006  
PJ24

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03USMC
As far as illegals putting nothing into the community or society well thats a two sided coin. Alot of illegals work on false SSN's (available from your local forger for about 250.00 US) This means that the employer takes all applicable taxes out. This also means that these taxes cannot be reclaimed thru income tax because the the SSN is bogus, I believe that the FED nets around 700 mil a year from this.
Most illegals do not work on fake SSN, though.
Also, we lose around 56 billion in taxes a year because of illegals alone, so the 700mil isn't really anything to offset their costs.

Quote:
But it seems to me alot of people are buying in to Chris Simcox's rhetoric without looking deeper.
I don't even know who that is, so I guess that takes care of that accusation.
April 13th, 2006  
MontyB

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIRV FAN
Illegal Aliens have no right massing on US soil and demanding changes to US Domestic Immigration Policy. Go try that in Russia or China and see what happens.
Well I think this is a very short sighted way of handling this issue, they should be encouraged get together in public an protest, that way it would be a lot easier for the authorities to round them up and stick them on the next plane, train or boat back to their country of origin.

I am sorry while I agree with Ted to some degree about exploitation it doesnt mitigate the fact that these people have entered and remained in the country illegally as far as I can see their only rights are to a free and cheap trip home.
April 13th, 2006  
Ted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Bones
I realise that there are companies that (because of greed), will hire ANY illegal alien because they can hire them more cheaply than legal citizens. These companies SHOULD have the book thrown at them to the full extent of the law and it should be made so very very expensive to hire illegals that these companies will no longer traffic in this cheap labor. These companies do a great disservice to all Americans but they especially impact legal immigrants who would normally use these jobs as entry level jobs until they can get training and get a better job. The legals are cheated out of these jobs because there are illegals who decided to enter this country without going through legal channels to get clearance to enter this country.
Dear Chief..... This is my point too! I think I get quite alright. I agree with you that these companies that use illegals should be prosecuted to the fullest extend of the law. I am not saying that the protest had anything to do with bigotry at all! I was merely pointing at the mechanism of demand. I think that a lot of illegals continu to poor in, because of the assumption they can work somehwere. It's my thought that if you could end this thought, you might minimalise the flow of illegals into the US. If there is nothing to find, why should they go? If they could chose between: poor and no rights or poor with rights.... that shouldn't be so hard, would it?
--
Boots
April 13th, 2006  
ASTRALdragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIRV FAN
Illegal Aliens have no right massing on US soil and demanding changes to US Domestic Immigration Policy. Go try that in Russia or China and see what happens.
Mmm good TV.....

I'm just waiting for when these protesters get out of hand (i.e. violent and stupid) and THEY wake up the REAL sleeping giant. It already gettout out of hand as it is near my work in LA. I work near the FBI building and the last couple days has seen 50k+ protesters in the street, which is bad for me and everyone else trying to get in and out of work/school. 40 minutes to move down 3 blocks to reach the 405 freeway entrance is unacceptable.

But it does give me time to check out all the lovely ladies protesting...
April 13th, 2006  
5.56X45mm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASTRALdragon
Mmm good TV.....

I'm just waiting for when these protesters get out of hand (i.e. violent and stupid) and THEY wake up the REAL sleeping giant. It already gettout out of hand as it is near my work in LA. I work near the FBI building and the last couple days has seen 50k+ protesters in the street, which is bad for me and everyone else trying to get in and out of work/school. 40 minutes to move down 3 blocks to reach the 405 freeway entrance is unacceptable.

But it does give me time to check out all the lovely ladies protesting...
Dude, try and stay away from the freaks and geeks. If you're near the FBI building and something happens. You might be cought up in the sh*t.

Any good looking ladies?
April 13th, 2006  
MIRV FAN

There planning on blocking the Ports in L.A. on May 1st! Arnold would have to call up the guard on that one, but he will probably be instead .
April 14th, 2006  
major liability

This doesn't scare me, just pisses me off.
April 14th, 2006  
Rob Henderson

"This is ARE land"
"We didnt cross the border, the border cross us"

erm...no it didnt...the border is an inanimate object...Anyway, this is our land, your leaders and military figures gave it to us...Ever heard of the Adams-Onis Treaty? Or the Louisiana Purchase? Or how about the Spanish-American War? (US victory I do believe)..so get ya facts right b4 you come into my home illegally and expect us to greet you with open arms and..what was it...69 billion dollars of social services every year....Hell no!
April 20th, 2006  
ironhorseredleg

Here's a thought: Line the borders and international airports with immigrant visa posts, open our borders totally, and document all (ALL) folks who enter our country. Require only basic documentation to receive a work visa, and document every non-citizen who enters--photo, fingerprint, DNA--and then we can track, tax, and/or deport them as we wish. Instead of sending our home defense overseas, let them man these posts. After the initial onslaught, the tide will stem, and all those who have made a living off of importing illegals will be applying for government aid.

Just a thought.
April 21st, 2006  
Ted

It is quite an idea Ironhorseredleg, but it might be to progressive for some of the hardliners. Maybe in a couple of years when they find out, that the wall doesn't work.