If you could make a movie about any battle or theatre etc

Just IMO I don't think any other movie on Market Garden would come close. A Bridge Too Far is the standard.

So many to chose well the Battles i'd like to see:

Waterloo
The Somme
Trafalgar
Jutland
Tobruk
Kaypong
Khe Sahn

and the campaigns:

Borneo
Burma
New Guinea

Charge 7 said:
For my part, I love the man. Not because he was such a great war leader but because I wouldn't be here without him. Admiral Halsey made an inspection of the battle site where my father was gravely wounded (not at Leyte). He ordered that the three most seriously wounded Marines be loaded aboard his personal plane (all he could carry). My father was one of those three Marines. He wouldn't have made it otherwise.

Thanks for the anecdote Charge 7 - its a gem of a story and a great little piece of history.

btw - I'd like to see something on the British in Afghanistan particularly the battles fought in the 1840s.

For a hard and bloody battle area then Burma took the biscuit, yet you hardly see or hear any thing about these battles. They took place in thick jungle were cameras were but useless, the men not only fought the Japanese but all the jungle diseases as well and at that time there was no such thing as Penicillin, if you got sick there were just two options you either lived or died and that was all down to luck. The British and Commonwealth troops and some Americans tore the Japanese army apart by the time the peace was signed. The only film I think I ever saw on this subject was Errol Flynn in Operation Burma. It is no wonder that the 14th Army went under the title of the forgotten army

I would like to see more modern uptodate movies of ww1, with battles like vimy ridge, somme, ypres,verdun. Or some battles from the Franco-Prussian war. A great idea for a movie would be what the world would be like if germany won the war. No offence to americans but i would like to see movies about other counrties in the warsLike Britain,Canada,France,Australia,and Finland.

If I was going to make a movie it would probrobly be set during World War 1 during with the 10 month tunnelling war at Messines-Wytschaete Ridge and all the counter mining, attacks back and forward in horrid conditions and the whole claustiphobia of the thing would make a great movie.

If I were to make a movie about a certain battle in history, it would be in World War 2. They would be one of the following:

Operation Overlord
Battle of Iwo Jima
Battle of Midway
Battle of Crete

Those are the only ones I can think of right now that I would love to do.

:rambo:

CanadianCombat said:
I would like to see more modern uptodate movies of ww1, with battles like vimy ridge, somme, ypres,verdun. Or some battles from the Franco-Prussian war. A great idea for a movie would be what the world would be like if germany won the war. No offence to americans but i would like to see movies about other counrties in the warsLike Britain,Canada,France,Australia,and Finland.

I would agree with you on this.

Dont forget the War of 1812 and the Boer War

Movie on Jutland but done the way they made Tora Tora Tora
with some filmed with English and German casting
and a more modern movie about FM Rommel. James Mason did ok
in the Desert Fox but its best to do new one with alot empthies on the
war in North Africa to his murder in 44

Hugh Grant as Adm.Beatty

James Cann as Rommel

I'dlike to see a full big budget hoolywood movie of Sharpe and the rifle regiment :horsie:

I'd like to see a full budget movie about the Paratroopers invovlement in both theatres and every battle in WW2.

Back