If you could have dinner with... - Page 2

--

May 15th, 2006  
5.56X45mm

1) Jose Marti, Cuba's First President and leader during the war for freedom against Spain.

2) Thomas Jefferson, he was a great president and one hell of an American.

3) Teddy Roosevelt, same as Thomas Jefferson.
May 15th, 2006  
Rob Henderson

Jose Marti was also a great poet...

1)Dwight D. Eisenhower, great man.

2)The Unknown Soldier, I could help identify him.And it would be interesting to see if he deserved a guard...

3)John Brown. IT WOULD BE HILARIOUS!!!!!!
May 15th, 2006  
AussieNick

1. Winston Churchill
2. Hunter S. Thompson
3. My Grandfather
--
May 15th, 2006  
Lilmissflamethrower

What about your grandpa?
May 15th, 2006  
Doppleganger

Flashman? Wasn't he in Blackadder??

Naw, that was Flashheart.

Sorry, carry on.
May 15th, 2006  
Ted

Ai, though call... I would probably go with:

1)Takeda Shingen, greatest swordmaster in Japanese history.
2) Sir Winston Churchill, I reckon he has a great sense of humor.
3) Robbie Williams, that would be a blast in more then onw way!
May 16th, 2006  
sven hassell

1)Julius Ceasar
2)Caligula
3)Nero
Why? Because those Romans certainly knew how to hold a dinner party and after a session of vomiting and second sitting I'm sure the post-dinner entertainment would be second to none.
May 16th, 2006  
Ollie Garchy

My three dinner guests:

(1) Marshall Applewhite [light entertainment]: This crackpot demonstrated the worst that comes by mixing insanity with Christianity. It would still be interesting to find out why men have to cut off their nuts in order to be saved.

(2) Theodore Kaczynski [heavy discussion]: A tragic life, the "Unabomber" represented a brilliant man whose logic could not save him from mental illness and the stupidity of conspiracy theories. He is still in prison.

(3) and the UNKNOWN guy who invented beer [the saviour]: He gave us the cure for religion and pseudo-religious fantasy. His "work" continues to help men today. That is more than I can say about the world's religions and quasi-religions.

[the last guy, and his cousins experimenting with grapes, was also appreciated by generations of Romans, Vikings, etc.]
May 16th, 2006  
sven hassell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ollie Garchy
My three dinner guests:

(1) Marshall Applewhite [light entertainment]: This crackpot demonstrated the worst that comes by mixing insanity with Christianity. It would still be interesting to find out why men have to cut off their nuts in order to be saved.

(2) Theodore Kaczynski [heavy discussion]: A tragic life, the "Unabomber" represented a brilliant man whose logic could not save him from mental illness and the stupidity of conspiracy theories. He is still in prison.

(3) and the UNKNOWN guy who invented beer [the saviour]: He gave us the cure for religion and pseudo-religious fantasy. His "work" continues to help men today. That is more than I can say about the world's religions and quasi-religions.

[the last guy, and his cousins experimenting with grapes, was also appreciated by generations of Romans, Vikings, etc.]
I would hope Applewhite and the unknown guy would have too much of his newly invented beer to drink during dinner and end up giving Kaczynski the kicking he deserves.
May 16th, 2006  
Missileer

1. Samuel Clemens, in his younger years.

2. Thomas Jefferson, on his constant stream of inventiveness and architectural design.

3. Nikola Tesla, just to look over his shoulder and watch how so much can be done with so little resources.