If the China communist army attack Taiwan, would the west countries protect Taiwan?

udaka

Banned
As a Chinese , I want to ask a question. If the China communist army attack Taiwan, as a people of west countries, will you sacrifice your live to protect Taiwan?
Because according
< the Taiwan Relations Act.> The USA or Nato perhaps involve the war against China. Many people would die or wounded in the war.

As a people of west countries, will you sacrifice your live to protect Taiwan? did the USA owe Taiwanese many thing? Don't talk me any sh!t protect or help Taiwan is for " democracy or freedom". What benifits did the west countries can got from support Taiwan?

Last edited:
Sorry,I don't know other people idea or thinking, But my life only die for my country ,my families and the good person who ever save me.
I never shed my blood for some person that I have no relationship.

You say you'd die for your country?

So would many soldiers "from the west" if their country went to war with China over Taiwan.

During many wares other counties have fought and died for places that were not theres. As China is claiming many places these days as a part of historical Chinese terrority you could wind up fighting and dieing for places you have never heard off

But I think USA politicain wound't send their man and women in army to die in a place irrelevant their country and territory,perhaps they only condemn China when Chinese recover Taiwan.

If the USA politician don't care poeple or soldiers lives, send them to many battlefields irrelevant their country. let the American die at there. I think nobody willing become the tools of these dirty politicians. Who care the dirty politician what they said and do.

Last edited:
So ,what west countries get from defend Taiwan?

If American government said they support Taiwan because the Taiwan island Strategic location is very important .
Then I can tell you: The Philippines island or the Vietnam ,Myanmar,their Strategic location are more important than Taiwan island. If China capture these location and build a militarybase on it, they would much important than Taiwan island.

I said I die for my country only refer justify war, not a evil war. I oppose China invade and massacre people of other countries under condition no reason and no threat. I will reject join the army if China government do these. Just like many American refuse service the army during the Vietnam war.

IF, I only said "if" the USA politician plan sacrifice 60-80 millions American lives ,for the reason conquer the world,launch a big war even a nuclear war. I think all the American citizens would against the war, even overturn evil government of USA.

You say you'd die for your country?

So would many soldiers "from the west" if their country went to war with China over Taiwan.

What people fail to realize is just how fragile the Chinese government and economy is right now. The US wouldn't even have to go to war, economic and diplomatic sanctions would absolutely cripple the growth of the Chinese economy. Once that goes, famine isn't too far behind. We wouldn't have to launch one bomb or land one soldier for MILLIONS of Chinese to be killed from starvation or overwork. China is MUCH more dependent on the global market than the global market is dependent on China.
The CCP knows this and isn't going to do anthing until they can get at least regional overmatch of UN/NATO forces in air/land/sea capability for any planned invasion. This is still many many years away from being a reality.

Don't you know the power will change with times pass out, the Soviet union wasn't a big power when he founded in 1917, but after Stalin and other soviet union leader develope industry and economic, Soviet become a superpower at 1960s,-1980s. you claim ccp had no enough navy and air force invade Taiwan before 30 years ago, no represent China had no ability in the furture. The power will change with times ,Just like some global big power decline very fast in the history,like British emprie and soviet union.

You claim war will lead to China famine,made me curiosity. Don't you know China provide foods for himself since 1949, Yes, China import many crops in recent years, but just for feed animals,Because we want eat more meat.
And, with China one-child policy execution for 30 years. half of Chinese families only had one child ,maybe some families have two chlid, the total population of China will decline after 2015, at that time we won't worry about the foods . But the west company can't exploit so-call "cheap- labours " in China, Because our salary will raise serval times than now.

At here we don't discuss the question about military power, just ask will you shed your blood for some people had no relationship with you.

What people fail to realize is just how fragile the Chinese government and economy is right now. The US wouldn't even have to go to war, economic and diplomatic sanctions would absolutely cripple the growth of the Chinese economy. Once that goes, famine isn't too far behind. We wouldn't have to launch one bomb or land one soldier for MILLIONS of Chinese to be killed from starvation or overwork. China is MUCH more dependent on the global market than the global market is dependent on China.
The CCP knows this and isn't going to do anthing until they can get at least regional overmatch of UN/NATO forces in air/land/sea capability for any planned invasion. This is still many many years away from being a reality.

Last edited:
Many people claim USA support Taiwanese because Taiwan islands very important. I can't see what important of Taiwan island. Like someones said Taiwan is very close to China mainland, if USA bulit a military base on it, its air force and Tomahawk cruise missiles can attack China mainland very easy. But the USA had militarybases on South korean and Japan,they are close to China geographically,so the USA don't need Taiwan any longer.

And in nuclear age, China nuclear submarines don't need pass Taiwan to entry pacific sea. If ccp will , they can built navy base at North korean,Pakistan.

And if the human being built space battleships who carry the nuclear warheads patrol the solar system, nuclear strike the Eath just serval minutes. So China don't need Taiwan as militarybase at all.

Sure ,as a human being, I avoid the ideas the global nuclear war outbreak absolutely.That mean the humanity will go to extinction.

Last edited:

This pretty much sums everything up.

Don't you know the power will change with times pass out, the Soviet union wasn't a big power when he founded in 1917, but after Stalin and other soviet union leader develope industry and economic, Soviet become a superpower at 1960s,-1980s. you claim ccp had no enough navy and air force invade Taiwan before 30 years ago, no represent China had no ability in the furture. The power will change with times ,Just like some global big power decline very fast in the history,like British emprie and soviet union.

You claim war will lead to China famine,made me curiosity. Don't you know China provide foods for himself since 1949, Yes, China import many crops in recent years, but just for feed animals,Because we want eat more meat.
And, with China one-child policy execution for 30 years. half of Chinese families only had one child ,maybe some families have two chlid, the total population of China will decline after 2015, at that time we won't worry about the foods . But the west company can't exploit so-call "cheap- labours " in China, Because our salary will raise serval times than now.

At here we don't discuss the question about military power, just ask will you shed your blood for some people had no relationship with you.

I think you have missed the point.
No nation including China can afford to piss off its customers, if you go to war against your major customer the first thing they do is stop buying your products which has far reaching affects.

Lets assume you invade Taiwan and the US doesn't immediately send troops but instead it says "we are going to stop all trade with China and expect our allies to do the same" how are you going to keep people employed, feed, paid, equip a massive military and keep the newly unemployed at home from turning feral when about 60% of your GDP has dried up over night?

Economics rules the world these days not armies.

The Chinese HAVE NOT been able to feed themselves since 1949! He obviously doesn't know about the massively ineffective agricultural policies that the CCP had throughout the 1950s and into the 60s where tens of millions of Chinese died. That was of their own doing.

Everyone is aware that powers rise and fall, the CCP included. I don't think the problem with Taiwan is going to persist because I don't think the current Communist government in China is going to exist within the next 20-30 years. The internet is there to stay, hackers are getting the word out about government censorship and corruption. Massive amounts of Chinese students are attending Universities in the West. Hundreds of millions of Chinese citizens still live in abject poverty and are disenfranchised from the very government that keeps them in that position. Non ethnic Han chinese are basically treated as unequals which accounts for another tens of millions into the hundred million range...

The point is, what you're proposing is almost proposterous because China has massive problems it needs to tackle within the mainland before it can even think about dealing with Taiwan.

As for me shedding my blood for Taiwanese...well, I shed my blood for Iraqi's...why not an actual ally that we do tons of trade with and have had amicable relations with for over 60 years? I won't have to though. The second China makes a move, their entire economy is shut down virtually over night. It will remain that way indefinitely until they comply with either UN or NATO mandates. How long do you think the CCP will survive from their OWN population once the entire economy is shut down? How long will it take for them to recover since they're STILL industrializing compared to the west who has gone through modern industrialization already? Will it hurt the West too? Absolutely, but we'll get through it and we will find other people to make the cheap crappy goods that China makes. BUT, it would KILL China and any chance they have at emerging as a superpower on par with their status of the past.

Last edited:
Will it hurt the West too? Absolutely, but we'll get through it and we will find other people to make the cheap crappy goods that China makes. BUT, it would KILL China and any chance they have at emerging as a superpower on par with their status of the past.

Exactly there is always India, Indonesia and Brazil to fill the cheap crap market requirements, or who knows we may even start making some of our own cheap crap again.

If such a war took place, it would be truly a world war.

On the Taiwan side, the US and probably the rest of NATO would jump in.

On the Chinese side, via SCO treaties, Russia, among others, could be obligated to fight on their side. China and Russia have all sorts of military alliances, they do military exercises together very often
98218226o.jpg
China-Russia-Cooperation.jpg
china-russia.jpg
0_81a2e_960d35a5_XL.jpg

Then, there is a little matter of North Korea
0108_288633.jpg

who knows, if the **** hits the fan in Taiwan, they may decide it's a good time to also hit Seoul, open a second front, so to speak, for their Chinese ally.

And who knows what Iran might do too. No, such a war would be a global mess, for sure.

ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha , you don't need try to intimidate me ,”if China invade Taiwan ,the economic of China will break down, many people will trap in poverty....." If one people don't afraid to dead, do you think he would care bullsh1t economy and GDP. In fact ,every people on Earth want to live longer, if you don't want live longer,why don't you suicide?

Many people in the USA like you prophecy China communist party will collapse ,we had see too many. When China communist party took power in 1949, many people in USA prophecy China communist party will break down in 20 years. But everybody know what happen!The most new version that prophecy China will collapse , is USA Scholar call Zhang jiang deng claim China will collapse in ten years.He said these in 2001,Now day he become a laugh stock.

Maybe I asked "will you .......that had no relationship with you",the question too stupid. The European only trust "there no forever friend, but forever interest." The decision factor about west countires involve the war is their " nation benifit". So the west countires often betray and sold their ally usually.
Like Iraq,Iran, Libiya, China,Afghanistan used to be the ally of west countries in past 100 years. Now they become the enemy of USA.

The Chinese HAVE NOT been able to feed themselves since 1949! He obviously doesn't know about the massively ineffective agricultural policies that the CCP had throughout the 1950s and into the 60s where tens of millions of Chinese died. That was of their own doing.

Everyone is aware that powers rise and fall, the CCP included. I don't think the problem with Taiwan is going to persist because I don't think the current Communist government in China is going to exist within the next 20-30 years. The internet is there to stay, hackers are getting the word out about government censorship and corruption. Massive amounts of Chinese students are attending Universities in the West. Hundreds of millions of Chinese citizens still live in abject poverty and are disenfranchised from the very government that keeps them in that position. Non ethnic Han chinese are basically treated as unequals which accounts for another tens of millions into the hundred million range...

The point is, what you're proposing is almost proposterous because China has massive problems it needs to tackle within the mainland before it can even think about dealing with Taiwan.

As for me shedding my blood for Taiwanese...well, I shed my blood for Iraqi's...why not an actual ally that we do tons of trade with and have had amicable relations with for over 60 years? I won't have to though. The second China makes a move, their entire economy is shut down virtually over night. It will remain that way indefinitely until they comply with either UN or NATO mandates. How long do you think the CCP will survive from their OWN population once the entire economy is shut down? How long will it take for them to recover since they're STILL industrializing compared to the west who has gone through modern industrialization already? Will it hurt the West too? Absolutely, but we'll get through it and we will find other people to make the cheap crappy goods that China makes. BUT, it would KILL China and any chance they have at emerging as a superpower on par with their status of the past.

Last edited:
ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha , you don't need try to intimidate me ,”if China invade Taiwan ,the economic of China will break down, many people will trap in poverty....." If one people don't afraid to dead, do you think he would care bullsh1t economy and GDP. In fact ,every people on Earth want to live longer, if you don't want live longer,why don't you suicide?

Many people in the USA like you prophecy China communist party will collapse ,we had see too many. When China communist party took power in 1949, many people in USA prophecy China communist party will break down in 20 years. But everybody know what happen!The most new version that prophecy China will collapse , is USA Scholar call Zhang jiang deng claim China will collapse in ten years.He said these in 2001,Now day he become a laugh stock.

Maybe I asked "will you .......that had no relationship with you",the question too stupid. The European only trust "there no forever friend, but forever interest." The decision factor about west countires involve the war is their " nation benifit". So the west countires often betray and sold their ally usually.
Like Iraq,Iran, Libiya, China,Afghanistan used to be the ally of west countries in past 100 years. Now they become the enemy of USA.

It's obvious you don't have any idea what you're talking about. You offer conjecture, and when someone comes in here and offers a counterpoint you attack them and add more conjecture.

You also have a lack of basic understanding of cost/benefit analysis and how a countries economy plays problably the biggest factor in that country being able to prosecute a major war.

You're obviously a CCP apologist that has only studied their version of their history. Perhaps if you read other things besides what makes the CCP look good you'd realize that China is a long way from being able to do anything with Taiwan. Confidence is good in warfare. Overconfidence will get you killed. You're showing classic examples of overconfidence. We're trying to be realistic about the very question you've asked and still you act as if we're trying to "intimidate" you. Insecure much? Inferiority complex much? Having unrealistic expectations about ones enemy is a good way to be defeated. Even worse is having unrealistic expectations about your own sides abilities.

Rattling their sword about Taiwan is a face saving tactic. The Chinese government knows that to attack Taiwan would essentially seal their own fate and cause the collapse of the regime. They also know that if they don't act as if they're pissed off about not having Taiwan that they'll be percieved as "weak" by their allies. I seriously doubt Russia would come to Chinas aid in this instance since their relationship was rocky even when both countries were communist. (having fought small skirmishes on their shared border on several occasions). Chinas military is not as big as it is to be able to project power...it's that big to keep the Chinese people in line which can be shown by their actions during the cultural revolution all the way up to the Tiannamen square massacre. The CCP is not about equality. They don't even follow the basic tenets of communism. It's about power. They folded on their ideology when Mao died. Look at history mr udaka. You can do that in China correct? Wherever the markets go, the government will follow to accomodate that market. Capitalism and communism don't mix. One of them will go in the grand scheme of things...and I'm sure that the people are gonna pick the ability to make a living over the corrupt, substandard, elites of the CCP. History may not repeat itself...but it sure does paraphrase well.

congratulation! :angel:If you find some countries can made cheaps shoes,toys`clothes`Cement, paper towels, table than China, like Philippines, Indonesia, Vietnam, Malaysia, Brazil, Africa countries, please make the west companies who made these move out from China as soon as possible.

We don't welcome the west companies who make high-pollution,low-value products stay at China, pollute our water and atmosphere.And the big profit were taken by west companies.
From now on ,China just produce high value-added and had technical content products. Like cars, computer,drives,piano,TV`washing-room`mobile phones,machine tool,household appliances,big ship,big,plane,space-ships.......!

we will find other people to make the cheap crappy goods that China makes. BUT, it would KILL China and any chance they have at emerging as a superpower on par with their status of the past.

Last edited:
Back