If Boston wins the World Series?

Damien435

What do you think will happen if Boston wins the World Series? I personally think that their will be mayhem on the streets, first time in 86 years, it would be huge, and Boston gets to host 4 of the 7 games so the Red Sox will most likely win at home, if they do, every cop in Boston is gonig to be wearing riot gear and be on the streets, it will be quite interesting to see what happens over the next 2 weeks.

Looks like the mayhem has already started, a fan was killed the other night when police fired bean-bag bullets into the crowd to try and disperse them, it hit the guy in the eye and he was killed, not a good sign.

Damien435 said:
Looks like the mayhem has already started, a fan was killed the other night when police fired bean-bag bullets into the crowd to try and disperse them, it hit the guy in the eye and he was killed, not a good sign.

holy crap, why was the riot/mob in the first place?

in the unlikely chance they do win the series, hell will freeze over again(the first time being when they beat the yankees after a 3-0 lead over them) and the world will come to an end. btw, i'm a yankees fan and i'm rooting for the cards this world series.

egoz said:
in the unlikely chance they do win the series, h**l will freeze over again(the first time being when they beat the yankees after a 3-0 lead over them) and the world will come to an end. btw, i'm a yankees fan and i'm rooting for the cards this world series.

This has got to be a terrible year for you then, the Red Sox are gonna win, and it is their choice in how many games, they have the better pitching and hitting, sure the Cards have a great defense, but that does not help them when the balls are going into the upper deck.

...you have no idea how bad a year it is. it's only compounded by the tragedy that befell the yankees. :(

Both the LA Dodgers and the Anahiem Angels are out of the world series and they were on a winning streak for once.

The Yankees have proven, the last few years, that winnings streaks and regular season antics don't mean crap unless you can back it up in the playoffs. A good example of that was the 2001 Mariners. They had the best record ever and didn't make it to the ALCS. Then this year, when the Yanks somehow won over 100 games without a single pitcher having 15Ws. It comes back to bite you in the end if you have any flaw at all. Which is why the Red Sox (who have commited 8 errors in 2 games) are going to have issues unless they get their act together in the field.

Im not from the US so this may sound ignorant but why is it called a world series when all the teams come from the US and Canada?

The teams come from Canada and the US but the players come from everywhere. They have guys from Cuba and Puerto Rico too, just to name a couple of countries. When you live in a country where you can go to school for 1 hour and play baseball until the sun goes down it's no surprise a lot of these kids are good.

Shadowalker said:
Im not from the US so this may sound ignorant but why is it called a world series when all the teams come from the US and Canada?

Most likely becuase at the time the World Series started the US was the only country playing baseball, so it pretty much was the World Series at the time, now Baseball is also played in the Latin American countries and Japan, but as far as I know not to extensively in Europe, Africa, or the rest of Asia. Much like whoever wins the Super Bowl really are the World Champs because nobody else really plays Football.

Well, tomorrow's parade is supposedly gonna make the Parade for the Patriots look miniscule in comparision, I am gonna guess that the NG will be called in to help keep the peace and prevent mass histeria.

Back