IE7

kiwi

I need to know the exact error message. Check the event viewer if you need to locate it.

An example would be "Internet Explorer has encountered an unexpected error and must be closed".

kiwi

I need to know the exact error message. Check the event viewer if you need to locate it.

An example would be "Internet Explorer has encountered an unexpected error and must be closed".

I am assuming this is the message she is getting as it was posted a page back.

attachment.php

Yes thats it, I rang a private computer programmer and he is going to have a look.

And I contacted mircosoft and they have sent me update in vista, they said try it and see. They reckon theres no reason for it.

Really OG you getting it too? Hmmmm :-?

KIWI

Infern0 was making a joke, you know 'BIG BROTHER' is watching. Get it?

Anyway. Have you tried resetting IE7?

To do so:

START, Control Panels, Internet options, go to the Advanced Tab.

There is a button called "RESET".

Note:
using this command will restore IE to its factory install level. All bookmarks, cookies, passwords, history, plug-ins, etc, WILL BE DELETED.
Use at your own risk.

Keep me informed if this helps.

Last edited:
KIWI

Infern0 was making a joke, you know 'BIG BROTHER' is watching. Get it?

Anyway. Have you tried resetting IE7?

To do so:

START, Control Panels, Internet options, go to the Advanced Tab.

There is a button called "RESET".

Note:
using this command will restore IE to its factory install level. All bookmarks, cookies, passwords, history, plug-ins, etc, WILL BE DELETED.
Use at your own risk.

Keep me informed if this helps.

Infern0 is on my block list for more than one reason, and it is peaceful without him :)

As for the important issue I try that, as see about the reset.

Sorry kiwi I didn't understand.

Did you try a reset before and it didn't work? or are you going to try it and get back to me?

Sorry kiwi I didn't understand.

Did you try a reset before and it didn't work? or are you going to try it and get back to me?

I tried to reset before they sent me the update, and it failed. I tried again last night after the up date and got some thing

Closed because of this Data Execution Prevention (DEP), so I when and turned it off, and rebooted and nothing change. I reckon some setting in it is gone funny, but it doesn't have a default button to push. :???:

Are you running a JAVA plug-in? There is a known issue between JAVA, IE7 and Vista.

You could also try disabling DEP just to see if it helps. Internet/options/tools/advanced tab.

OK hang on see if i can find it .

Java Plug-in 1.6.0_02
Using JRE version 1.6.0_02 Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM
User home directory = C:\Users\Tina

----------------------------------------------------
c: clear console window
f: finalize objects on finalization queue
g: garbage collect
h: display this help message
l: dump classloader list
m: print memory usage
o: trigger logging
p: reload proxy configuration
q: hide console
r: reload policy configuration
s: dump system and deployment properties
t: dump thread list
v: dump thread stack
x: clear classloader cache
0-5: set trace level to <n>
----------------------------------------------------

is that what you want?

Last edited:
Actually I just wanted to know if it was installed. Make sure you have the most recent version. Download it and try again.

Does anyone with windows vista know how to change the desktop theme? Only thing i can seem to do is change the background picture. thanks!

Back