Idiotic Protest Ideas

godofthunder9010

Well, we all remember the pain we felt when we heard of "freedom fries" and "freedom toast", and the like? Well, here's a reversal for you. An online friend of my wife's told her that she refused to use AOL Instant Messenger "because I'm protesting America." If I had to guess, I'd say that this chick probably uses and will continue to use MSN Messenger and Yahoo Messenger because they lack the "America" in their name. Yet those companies are just as much American as AOL. Will the stupidity never cease?

Anyone else see some examples of this nonsense?

That's really funny, haha.

I was at this local concert, and a band that was playing made a song about 9/11, but before they played it, the lead singer said, "I'll be right back, I've gotta go take a piss." So he left and came back after the song was over. After the show, a girl told me that the reason he did that was because he thought that "America had gotten what it had deserved." That really pissed me off. Although he does have the right to voice his own opinion, it still makes me angry because if he was in or near the WTC on 9/11 I'm pretty sure it would be a different story, right? I'm so sure that if he was there he would be saying, "We deserved this, you know." No way. I know this doesn't have to do with protesting America really, but I thought you would find it kind of interesting to read. My school is full of the little "I hate Bush" punk rockers who idolize bands like Anti-Flag, who I saw in a picture in a magazine with a sign that said "Impeach Bush." For God's and every American's sake, IF YOU HATE EVERYTHING ABOUT AMERICA SO MUCH THEN GET THE HELL OUT OF HERE! Not that I'm saying by holding up a sign that says "Impeach Bush" means you hate everything about America, you should see the kind of things that are written in this band's lyrics:

i never have, i never will pledge allegiance to their flag you're getting used, you'll end up dead! you've gotta die, gotta die, gotta die for your government? die for your country? that's sh_t! i don't need you to tell me what to do and i don't need you to tell me what to be... f_ck you!

They even call the US a "Nazi Nation." What kind of bullsh_t is that? I'm sick of all this propoganda from these punk rock bands. Want more? http://www.lyricattack.com/a/antiflaglyrics/

And if you like punk rock, don't fret, I'm not against you. There's nothing wrong with punk rock in general, there's just some bands that I cannot stand. Anti-Flag for example.

I gotta admit tha "Freedom Fries" was pretty retarted, but why respond to idiocy in kind?

I think that the only decent solution to the hippie portion of society and its protest of everything rational would be for those people to have to live in a situation where freedom no longer exists. Let them decide for themselves whether freedom is a cause worth fighting for in this world by having them live for awhile without it. Maybe an exchange student program to Iran or China.

For some reason, many people who are protesting against Bush will protest against all of America. If you're protesting the man, fine and well. That should not include silly boycotts of American products, should it?

Back