IDF

I know one thing, it will be time for a stiff drink... Soon enough, soon enough.:drunkb:

Why is it that every ones that that shoots a gun in anger expects to PTSD. SGT G it is not that you have clear up the mess from your counter fire mission, lets face it you are a 12 mile sniper and you do is hear the gun go bang.

I think you are grossly unfamiliar with what US Artilleryman have been doing for the last 12 years...Most of us have been doing infantry missions for the duration of our combat tours because of the lack of authorization to use Artillery. This guy is refering to his COP being attacked on probably a daily basis. Are you familiar with the COP concept? If you're not then I would urge you to either study up on it, or shut up about it since you don't know what you're talking about.

If artillery of China vs US artillery ,who will win? If China's artillery stand against US artillery,fire to eachother, it should very wonderful!
The stalin once said,:" Artillery is the god of war" ! violence firepower can
wipe out hostile in a short time.

But artillery vs artillery isn't probably in modern conflict,it you lack of air superiority, and strong air-defense ability, you will loss.

I think you are grossly unfamiliar with what US Artilleryman have been doing for the last 12 years...Most of us have been doing infantry missions for the duration of our combat tours because of the lack of authorization to use Artillery. This guy is refering to his COP being attacked on probably a daily basis. Are you familiar with the COP concept? If you're not then I would urge you to either study up on it, or shut up about it since you don't know what you're talking about.
LOL, thanks for the back up there. Yea, a daily basis for more than 5 months streight, we got fridays off every once in a while mainly because they like to pray on friday. Its been kind of quiet up here since it started snowing, thank God. We still catch a random every once in a while. You know sh*t is serious when they put up a hot wall every day from noon till 1600. We still get that treatment.

I couldn't tell you who would win in a China vs America arty battle, namely because I don't know the capabilities of the Chinese artillery. I do have to say that I am a little prejudice to one side on this subject and would pit my section against any Chinese section any day of the week. I have 5 men that can lay down an unholy arse wooping unlike any other 5 men on this planet. 6 including me.

Some common sence of artillery.

Artillery and pilots: the most fatal weapons since World War II, artillery and aircraft (perform ground attack missions) is brought to the biggest casualties in battle. Died under artillery and aircraft, most not killed by shrapnel, but blast did. Battlefield common lay many naked, mutilated corpses, it is a masterpiece of the blast wave. If blast strong wave enough, not only will dead,and torn clothes to pieces, high temperature charred clothes and flesh. Most significantly in the summer, so dress rarely.

Winter is not the same, In the winter on the battlefield who died of a blast wave significantly less, due to the thick clothing. As long as the distance is far enough from point of explosion, blast wave and debris damage can be weakened. But the concussion, ruptured eardrum deafness, tinnitus is inevitable.

If you nearly to point of explosion, even wearing thick clothing, also perish! Killing distance of the blast wave depends on the amount of charge of the artillery shells. Grenade loading dose is the largest and most powerful shock wave.

2494362709032585919.jpg

Modern Western countries, land-based artillery equipment cannons more than three apertures: 105 mm, 155 mm, 203 mm, warships of more than 76 mm and 127 mm main gun, a unified 120 mm tank gun caliber.A few western countries old tanks have 105 mm tank gun. In the future there will be 140 mm tank gun; The standard artillery caliber such as Russia and China: 122 mm, 130 mm, 152 mm, 155 mm, 203 mm, warships 76mm main gun, 100 mm, 130 mm. Tank gun reunification 125 mm, a few tanks are 100 mm, 105 mm, 115 mm, 120 mm. 140 mm or 135 mm tank gun will appear in the future.

Last edited:
continue:

Effective killing distance of 105 mm grenade more than 20 meters, did not hide in the underground tunnels fortifications, 105 mm grenade off within 20 meters, not only hurt by debris, but also by the shock wave destruction.

If thick clothes and not been hit by debris, from the explosion point a man can be survived more than 10 meters or more, but the concussion and hearing loss, tinnitus is inevitable.
120 mm and 122 mm artillery shells effective killing more than 30 meters; 152 mm 155 mm shells, destruction distance of shock wave is more than 50 meters. The horrible is 203 mm shells, shock waves killing more than 100 meters, 203 mm grenade explosion 30 meters apart, you will turn into fresh peices. if more close your body will evaporate"!

If u Hiding in tank, best shut the door and pray do not fall within a distance of 10 meters. In that distance, 203 mm shells explosive enough to throw turned up 67 tons of M1 tanks, and M1 return to part!

1178738_991562.jpg

Last edited:
By capabilities I mean distance fired, emplacement time, time for counter fires, time for high angle missions and that sort of thing. I know blast ratious and killing apt of just about every round you described. I will not give any times that we do any of this because of OPSEC. That would be the capabilities I am talking about. I am also sure we have digital systems that cut our times in half these days also.

In Afghanistan I got firs support from US artillery, it was very accurate and destructive. The bad guys ran home cdying.
:salute2:

That is what he does best. Putting china out there as worlds best practice with out knowing about anything he talks about.

The artillery world has changed quite a lot since WW2.

Back