IDF

I'm not sure if we even have any active artillery members here.

Personally, I don't think you'll freak out as much as you think will. I can't recall hearing any noises similiar to a war zone while at home, except for perhaps military jets and choppers flying over head and I served 22 years.. :lol:

I remember when I was on leave after NI, I was walking along the road, with a civvy mate, and there was a loud bang near us.
I jumped straight into the garden next to me, before I even realised, what I had done.
My mate pissed himself!.

Being the gentleman that I am, it would have been rude and impolite of me to complain sweet cheeks. :D :p ;)

LOL, thats exactly what I am talking about. The first time one of the neighbors shoots a fire cracker at night and I take off at of bed to run to my gun and smack into the wall. She might laugh at me, then we will have issues. :9mm: JKING of course

When you start sprinting across junctions, and walking backwards,looking for ambush locations,then it's time to get very drunk.:D

Rum worked real well to get over Iraq. I think I may need something a little stronger for this. I was expecting those explosions when they happened, I had no warning for these and no where to go. Maybe Vodka...

When you start sprinting across junctions, and walking backwards,looking for ambush locations,then it's time to get very drunk.:D

If I'm in an unfamiliar town, I find myself looking for ambushes and scanning rooftops, walls, ditches and hedges etc for movement. :lol:

Maybe I'm just crazy though!

Ahh, the good ole crazy. Can't do this job without a little crazy in ya. Just as long as you don't beat the wife, kick the dog, or take the drugs they didn't give ya you're usualy good to go. Oh, and there is always a Wal-Mart avoidance factor when I get back, don't know why. That place just seams like the place bad things are going to happen. I make it a rule never to spend more than 10 minutes in a Wal-Mart. I think it may have something to do with the crouds there.:shoothea:

Last edited:
Little chance of me beating the missus or kicking the dog, both would have me dead and buried!!! :shock: :lol:

I found our Wal-Marts (ASDA) are inhabited by the dregs of society. I actively avoid it whenever possible.

Little chance of me beating the missus or kicking the dog, both would have me dead and buried!!! :shock: :lol:

I found our Wal-Marts (ASDA) are inhabited by the dregs of society. I actively avoid it whenever possible.
That could be the same reason I have for avoiding it... I think thats the only place I actualy mae tactical movement through.
WTF... its 0315 in the a.m. and I just woke up. :coffee: I think my sleep has been affected the most out of anything.

Don't worry about it. I was a bit jumpy after my first deployment. I came through Ft Sills CRC when I came home the first time back in 04...I was walking to my car in a pouring rain and a unit was out on Adams hill shooting which was about a mile from my parking lot...I jumped head first into a ditch filled with water about a foot deep when they shot and I wasn't expecting it...much to my buddies amusement. It got better over time. But, 4th of July still makes me cringe sometimes.

Glad to see another Redleg on here. (The assumption there weren't any other active duty artillerymen on here is incorrect) Team Infidel is also a fellow redleg along with myself.

I noticed you're also stationed here at Ft. Riley? Are you in 2-32 FA?

I'm in 1-16 IN, maybe I can buy you a beer when you get back!

Last edited:
I am in 2-32 FA. That sounds like it could be a good time. We are all starting to flow back now, kind of. You know how it goes, most of us are on the last chalk's chalk. I got a couple guys leavin a little earlier than that, but just a couple. The rest of us are just staying for a while. :crybaby:

Back